MERGED-->Man, I just got REALLY excited about the new album + Dallas comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Man, I just got REALLY excited about the new album

A new interview with Dallas Schoo appeared on his website and he had this to say about the new album:
"But?If I may?.....as I see it, this could be one of the GREATEST collection of songs for a new U2 Cd/DVD ever made! The Edge has played some of his most innovative guitar moments and recording tracks that I have witnessed. Bono?s singing has been simply the most brilliant performances with his voice being in top form on this record. His guitar playing on this project is as well to be reckoned with and often provides the canvas for The Edge to follow with even more guitar ideas???..Adam?s very very fresh big time bass grooves and tremendous comments and direction with the record?.Larry drums on this recording like he is 17 years old...really full on??When you hear this record, I can see NO WAY that you will disagree with my take on this new work of art by this still to be reckoned with world important necessary and still very much ?current? band.

I think both the state of the music industry and the present day world events will welcome the music and the message of this Fantastic new U2 music. I know I?m biased?.so maybe I?m just biased?maybe not. And?..maybe we will actually be finally OUT of the studio and ON THE BLEEDIN STAGE again soon!!!! That would be well different?right?"

More on this link:
www.swaggerandstyle.com/dallas/intervdallas_040713.htm

I say, forget the pessimism! This album's gonna rock!

Its about time for some more postivie views with people who have heard the new U2 haha

that's cool that Bono's guitar playing will be more present on the album. the more guitar, the better.

bono playin guitar again?

reminds me of Lovetown :wink:

It's good that Dallas is pumped about the new album, because he's a more reliable source than Bono!

btw, Dallas has an awesome name

The DVD part seems extremely exciting too. :drool: I think of the video for Don't Take your Guns To Town, it's magical seeing them jam together in a small room., i hope that's what's on the DVD

Fantastic News!

OK, first off, Dallas Schoo officially has THE coolest job on the face of this earth!

Now, does that quote get you freaking pumped up or what? Holy crap! This is fantastic news! I mean, he's spent 12-14 hrs a day in the studio with the band for the last 18 months. If Dallas is saying these things, it add a whole lot of credibility imho. He's in THE perfect place to judge the album. He witnessed the entire creation of the album, but wasn't involved in any artistic level besides giving opinions and so forth.

Listen to some of the things he says as it helps put to ease many of our fears for the recording.

1. Bono's voice is brilliant! We all worry about Bono's voice, his smoking, how it affects the songwriting, etc...

2. Edge's guitar and the album will be innovative and fully explored! A big concern around here is whether this album will be ATYCLB2. It sounds like instead we could be in store for another innovative and groundbreaking album like JT or AB. And one not rushed like Pop.

3. He seems to want to let us know, not so subtly that he thinks this is one of the GREATEST collection of tunes for a u2 album ever.

4. Adam's very very fresh. Yeah all the ladies already knew that, lol! But it really looks like the one person who was always been the most distant member of the band has really stepped up and not only come up with big fresh bass grooves but has actively provided direction with the record. Dallas knows how significant this is, and he's making sure we know!

5. He's letting us know that U2 are stepping up to the plate in a world where the music industry has become stale and complacent. Where world events have left us staggering at a time when the human race is at the dawn of it's highest potential. We have the means to end abject poverty, world hunger, the spread of HIV, and the other most basic travesties of humanity. We are at a time when these issues can and SHOULD once and for all be erradicated from the face of the planet. He's telling us the record will be not only be fresh, but relevant. He explicitily tells us he thinks the message and intent of the new material is of great importance. This, to me, IS the classic essence of u2 - the part of U2 that makes them the greatest band in the world. Their passion for life and willingness to address the greatest issues in it The religious side of U2. The political side of U2. The side of U2 on a mission. I think they must always ask themselves why continue to make music?

6. Larry's still 17! LOL His drumming is full-on. Add the fresh deep bass grooves of an actively-involved Adam. I have a growing feeling that this record will feature the most solid teamwork by Larry and Adam in their careers.

I'm all for trying not to set expectations, but I'm going to have a little faith in Dallas with this and ride some good vibes about the new u2 album for a while! I can't wait to hear the single!

Re: Fantastic News!

elfyx said:

2. Edge's guitar and the album will be innovative and fully explored! A big concern around here is whether this album will be ATYCLB2. It sounds like instead we could be in store for another innovative and groundbreaking album like JT or AB. And one not rushed like Pop.

i think Edge did some really great work on ATYCLB, so as far as guitar goes, ATYCLB2 for Edge wouldn't be so bad. I'm really starting to think AB2 right now though!!!

im starting to think nothing 2 but whatever 1 of whatever the new albums called, not atyclb2 or ab 2 or jt2 or uf 2 or war 2 or pop2

martha said:

please please please

I want to see the creative process.

This would be an awesome companion to the making of JT and UF. The difference would be the album and "making of" would come out at the same time.....very very cool. You could listen to the song....then see its birth, boy, girl, or elephant.

im pumped just thinking of the load of upcoming releases from the band- between the album, singles and hopefully the accompanying dvd's of the studio work, possible best of 80-90 dvd, zoo tv dvd ??? the rumors of them teaming with apple and releasing lots of live shows, the retrospective book theyre puttin together, and with the hall of fame/ 25 years since 'boy' release, a box set of some type has gotta be in the works. thats too big of a milestone not to cash in on and put the stamp on themselves.

in my mind, the band is pretty humble with their self image, despite all that they do to sell themselves. its never tastelessly done and with reason. so i say they go the whole nine..make it ten yards and just blow us all away. i wont mind going poor for all that might be ahead of us in the next year.

I'd go for a limited edition version with as second CD the songs in raw demo form.
(Imagine AB with a best of AB Outtakes (Salome) as second CD)
Greetz

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Last edited:
Sorry but I am not excited at all...
...in fact I'd like to know when this interview was taken.
If I'm not wrong it's 2 month old... ...and during these two month we know that things changed a lot!

A week ago Bono himself didn't know if it was a boy, a girl or an elephant.

I'm sure they wrote at least 8-9 great songs but... ...will they appear on the album???

The info-bits about some songs a-la "Wild Honey " scare me!!!!!

1 or 2 ballads will do!!! But apart from these two I'd like a faster, more experimental and less safe record!

Reactions regarding Dallas' comments

Dallas Schoo, by being really close to the band, is a really reliable source for information.

What do you think of the possibilities of Edge playing some of his best guitar or "most innovative" playing? How about Bono and what could be his absolutely stunning vocal performance on this album. And what of the comment that Bono's guitar playing is "to be reckoned with?" And Adam, playing new groovy bass lines, directing the sound of this album (this particularly makes me very excited)? Larry, drumming "like he's seventeen years old"

I for one, plan on liking this thing no matter what it sounds like, but this is almost too much for me to handle!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

me too

I don't have anything to add right now, except that I'll repost my comments from another thread similar. I feel the fact that Adam has really stepped up to the plate to be indicative of what's in store. To me, this is a BIG deal.

----------

OK, first off, Dallas Schoo officially has THE coolest job on the face of this earth!

Now, does that quote get you freaking pumped up or what? Holy crap! This is fantastic news! I mean, he's spent 12-14 hrs a day in the studio with the band for the last 18 months. If Dallas is saying these things, it add a whole lot of credibility imho. He's in THE perfect place to judge the album. He witnessed the entire creation of the album, but wasn't involved in any artistic level besides giving opinions and so forth.

Listen to some of the things he says as it helps put to ease many of our fears for the recording.

1. Bono's voice is brilliant! We all worry about Bono's voice, his smoking, how it affects the songwriting, etc...

3. He seems to want to let us know, not so subtly that he thinks this is one of the GREATEST collection of tunes for a u2 album ever.

4. Adam's very very fresh. Yeah all the ladies already knew that, lol! But it really looks like the one person who was always been the most distant member of the band has really stepped up and not only come up with big fresh bass grooves but has actively provided direction with the record. Dallas knows how significant this is, and he's making sure we know!

5. He's letting us know that U2 are stepping up to the plate in a world where the music industry has become stale and complacent. Where world events have left us staggering at a time when the human race is at the dawn of it's highest potential. We have the means to end abject poverty, world hunger, the spread of HIV, and the other most basic travesties of humanity. We are at a time when these issues can and SHOULD once and for all be erradicated from the face of the planet. He's telling us the record will be not only be fresh, but relevant. He explicitily tells us he thinks the message and intent of the new material is of great importance. This, to me, IS the classic essence of u2 - the part of U2 that makes them the greatest band in the world. Their passion for life and willingness to address the greatest issues in it The religious side of U2. The political side of U2. The side of U2 on a mission. I think they must always ask themselves why continue to make music?

6. Larry's still 17! LOL His drumming is full-on. Add the fresh deep bass grooves of an actively-involved Adam. I have a growing feeling that this record will feature the most solid teamwork by Larry and Adam in their careers.

I'm all for trying not to set expectations, but I'm going to have a little faith in Dallas with this and ride some good vibes about the new u2 album for a while! I can't wait to hear the single!

well if I had Dallas' job I'd make sure I spread some hype also to insure I had a job with an incredibly succesful album/tour.

but if what he says is true, our dreams will be fulfilled.

Elfyx, you aren't helping me to calm down here! (Not that that's a bad thing) I'm ridiculously excited about this album!

Back
Top Bottom