MERGED ----> Let's win one for the band + Vote + Make U2 the biggest pop icons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge

The Fly
Let's win one for the band

Assuming U2 beats Run DMC on the Espn pop culture poll, it looks like they will have a difficult matchup with Michael Jackson. I believe he has already tallied 4000 votes against Madonna. I don't think U2 even got that many votes in the first round. So I would like to rally the troops or you know, mobilise the great roaring giant also known as the u2 fan base. Who knows, if they win the contest maybe someone on the high level will notify the band and indirectly we will be responsible for inspiring U2.

:rant:

I might be enjoying this poll a little too much but I need something to pass the time so...

U2 has now officially surpassed 4000 votes in the second round. That should easily be enough to advance to the championship. However, MJ has surpassed 5000 votes against Madonna. Assuming he (or it) can muster just as many votes in the final round it looks like more fans need to be notified of this contest. If you haven't already done so, vote for Madonna in this round. I believe she is easier to beat.

I can already hear the pep rally cries...

how long???

TO SING THIS SONG!!!

how long???!

TO SING THIS SONG!!!

YEAHHHHHH!!!

wow, that was fun:eek:

(with a grim look on his face, steps on to the forum to announce some grim news)

MJ has more than 6000 votes in the second round. :help:

i will vote several times......I will try to go to ESPN.com in the next building and talk about fixing this damn thing.....this cannot happen.

How are you people voting multiple times? I can't seem to be able to. Grr, I'll throw up if U2 lose to a twit such as Michael Jackson.

this can't be happening!! The thing might be fixed! The option of voting for U2 is disabled on my computer. I can only vote for MJ.

I voted on five different computers and I gathered a whole group of friends and family to vote too. We can't let MJ win. We must rally the U2 troops! :rant:

I want to know what tossers voted for Michael Jackson and gave him a win. If you voted for Jackson, it just proves how sorely your musical education is lacking.

there's a new round and one of them is the "Rachel" haircut vs the Mullet...

given the fact I have one I voted for the Mullet!!!.... WE'RE WINNING!!!! :hyper:

There is still time to vote! Contact all your friends! Someone tell @U2 to post another reminder to vote this round. I don't think many people are aware that this round is on!

Make U2 the biggest pop icons

Michael Jackson is beating U2 in ESPN?s online ?who?s the bigger pop icon? poll. They could do with your help.

Unbelievable!

Michael Jackson has "beaten" U2 in the "bigger pop icon" contest. :ohmy:

I guess all of Michael's supporters had nothing better to do yesterday.

Oh well, U2 isn't for lack of public appreciation and adulation, so I hardly think they care. :hug:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY! :love:

A poll doesn't define what a pop icon is no matter how many people vote or if they win. What makes a pop culture icon is how they impact the time and the generation they are targeting. This of course isn't a solid rule as to what makes a pop culture icon but just an example of. Whether U2 win the poll or not, they will still be pop culture icons period.

Michael jackson won... But it doesn't mind!
'Cause U2 don't have to be "pop icons".
They're ROCKERS!!! You know.:yes: :cool:

:wave:

All this proves is that either more Michael Jackson fans visit the ESPN Web site than U2 fans, or that the MJ fans were more aggressive in "getting out the vote" - possibly because they feel their hero is being unfairly picked on :rolleyes: and they feel this is a way to vindicate him. It's nothing to get worked up about. Internet polls are about as reliable as a stopped watch.

I knew Jackson would win this thing....he's got a huge online base of rabid fans.....there's this one site with the greatest albums ever or something as chosen by people...you can vote daily, and it's got staples like Pet Sounds and Revolver at the top, yet all of Jackson's albums seemed to be in the top one hundred...you've gotta hand it to him though to have so many loyal devotees after the last decade or so of craziness...

Despite the fact it's an online poll, it's still a pain in the arse to see U2 lose to a talentless, disgusting twit such as Michael Jackson. Grr.

BigMacPhisto said:
I knew Jackson would win this thing....he's got a huge online base of rabid fans.....there's this one site with the greatest albums ever or something as chosen by people...you can vote daily, and it's got staples like Pet Sounds and Revolver at the top, yet all of Jackson's albums seemed to be in the top one hundred...you've gotta hand it to him though to have so many loyal devotees after the last decade or so of craziness...

If MJ has a huge online fan base, it didn't show in the last poll.
U2 only polled about 2000 or so votes. If they would have polled 4000 like in the previous round, U2 easily would be the champion of this stupid poll! Disappointing, but I guess its not the last night on earth!

ps. If @u2 had posted a reminder to vote, U2 would have won:mad:

Re: Let's win one for the band

FullonEdge said:
Assuming U2 beats Run DMC on the Espn pop culture poll, it looks like they will have a difficult matchup with Michael Jackson. I believe he has already tallied 4000 votes against Madonna. I don't think U2 even got that many votes in the first round. So I would like to rally the troops or you know, mobilise the great roaring giant also known as the u2 fan base. Who knows, if they win the contest maybe someone on the high level will notify the band and indirectly we will be responsible for inspiring U2.

:rant:

ROCK ICONS ROCK!!!!!!!! NOT FLAMMING POP!!! THEY ARE ROCK LEDGENDS!!! THE SAME GOES FOR THOSE CALLING OASIS BRITPOP, DO THEY SOUND POP TO YOU? WELL THEN!

Back
Top Bottom