MERGED-->LAPOE! + Love and Peace or Else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
LAPOE!

Don't you just love this song to bits?! It's industrial blues! Such a cool, smooth sounding song!

Last edited:
It's very Popish, I think. That's what I love about it :wink:

I dunno, it's just so raw, this album is so full of energy compared to ATYCLB. I love it, potential favourite.

God Part III said:
It's very Popish, I think. That's what I love about it :wink:

That's what I thought when I first heard it! It could have been a leftover from Pop - just taken to a completely new and amazing level. It's so hard to pick a favourite from this album...but LAPOE is the one I've been listening to the most.

Well, the Germans were right about this one -- it's absolutely amazing. The guitar, the lyrics, everything is just stunning. Especially the GUITAR!!

layla said:
Well, the Germans were right about this one -- it's absolutely amazing. The guitar, the lyrics, everything is just stunning. Especially the GUITAR!!

Tell me about it. :drool:

The Edge is really back on this album.

It is the blues! Really really great. i think Love and Peace or Else and City of Blinding Lights are already U2 classics....imagine them played live!!!!!!!!!!!! I can FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

When I heard the one-minute clip two days ago I went nuts, because it was the best snippet of the album I'd heard yet. And boy, was I right...

phommel said:
You're totally right gibsongirl....

I feel these songs don't even have to grow on me, like most U2 songs have to do....

There are only two or three of them that I'd consider to be growers. The rest are so good, you don't even have to listen to them over and over again to love them!

From what I can remember "Love And Peace or Else" was one of the options to the name of the album that was out as ATYCLB.

And it sounds nothing like ATYCLB!

It sounds like Miami, New York, and Bullet rolled up into a funky blues riff. THis is the most innovative song for U2 on this record. They've NEVER sounded like this before.

phommel said:

I feel these songs don't even have to grow on me, like most U2 songs have to do....

best desciption, along with AB, this is the only u2 album I heard and immediately fell in love with.

MrBrau1 said:
It sounds like Miami, New York, and Bullet rolled up into a funky blues riff. THis is the most innovative song for U2 on this record. They've NEVER sounded like this before.

Interesting...I haven't heard the album, but perhaps this mix of blues and '90s U2 could be a blueprint for the next album!:drool:

It's already one of my all time favorite U2 songs I think. :ohmy: Industrial blues indeed. :yes: Great melody, sounds like a tribal kind of melody, like from a religious ritual kind of singing. It meets the lyrics obviously. And that's one of the reasons why I love it so much. This song rocks like a motherfucker and it will rock even heavier when played live. Fucking 10 out of 10. :up:

It sounds a lot like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club to me. On first listen through of the album, it was my favorite. Absolutely love it.

LAPOE sounds like Zooropa rocked up and rocked out. IT'S BLOODY AMAZING!

Most sonically exciting song on the album, no doubt about it.

MrBrau1 said:

:up:

follower said:
My fave so far, definitely great. Have it on repeat for hours, LOL

MT

I haven't stopped listening to it! I can't!

Back
Top Bottom