MERGED-->LAPOE! + Love and Peace or Else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to be the total minority here and say that it's my least favorite tune on the whole album. I'm not just saying that to stir up emotions, I really mean. I guess I'm gonna go back and listen to it some more; maybe I'll change my mind.

whackjester said:
I'm going to be the total minority here and say that it's my least favorite tune on the whole album. I'm not just saying that to stir up emotions, I really mean. I guess I'm gonna go back and listen to it some more; maybe I'll change my mind.

It's got some Glam Rock rythms going on. A pissed off T Rex on Speed!!

whackjester said:

Odd! :wink: Well, hopefully you'll see the light and be able to gush on about LAPOE with the rest of us. :)

LAPOE is the darkest song in this album, just for that... rocks

has an AB style

sounds like something Led Zeppelin would've done....not just because Blender said it...

LAPOE is the customary U2 "skip song" in the album, where listeners would rather skip it when they playback the album. It's what Bullet The Blue Sky is to Joshua Tree, or Miami is to POP, or New York is to ATYCLB -- a skip song.

It sounds overly produced, too industrial to have sounds that can be reproduced live onstage, so many parts without drums, too many synths. Its a poor attempt by U2 to be a goth industrial rock band.

Cheers,

J

OMG Lapoe is the best song!!!!..i love that song so much..its my abolute fav song so far!! :dance:

skip song? wtf have u been smoking? btbs a skip song??? new york a skip song??? lapoe is fucking brilliant! who says they'll use all the sounds on the album version when they play it live? i bet they'll take it into a new and even better direction when they perform it.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Horrifying idea: Bono does a snippet of Black-Eyed Peas at the end of this song on the tour. :no:

but within the realm of possiblity - seriously:(
I like the idea of L&POE as an opener for the tour
v.v.v. excellent song

I've been reading everyone's reviews and living off of the little bit I downloaded....Vertigo and the 1 minute intro of LAPOE. I've listened to just the intro so many times and I love that...I couldn't wait any longer, and I'm currently downloading the full version. :)

Back
Top Bottom