MERGED-->Kansas City Fans - Vertigo to play on 97.3 Please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet_j

The Fly
Mini Vertigo marathon in Kansas City today

96.5 The Buzz played it 6 times in row from 3-3:30PM today. I was completely in shock when I flipped to that station on the way to work...I KNEW it was U2 right away and I LOVE the new song. I can't wait to hear U2 play this song live!

Kansas City Fans - Vertigo to play on 97.3 Please read

Got this from Christina who is a DJ at 97.3 The Planet in Kansas City

Jason,
I promised you an email when I found out for sure when we would be playing the debut! Here we go!
Friday morning---9am!
Hope you get to hear it!
Christina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 9/23/2004 2:21 PM
To: Ann Kaps; Chad Boeger; Chris (Lefty) Sellers; Chris Phoenix; Chris Stigall; Christina Campobasso; Dee Hebert; Dennis Rooney; Doug; Gary Cashion; Jason Justice; Jeff Montgomery; Jenny Kalb; John Sheehan; Kenny Holland; Misti Mundae; Nick McCabe; Sandy Cohen; Stash; Steven StJohn; Ted Edwards
Subject: NEW U2 SINGLE / Album title!

Great album title!!!! debuts on The Planet at 9am Friday.

U2

"VERTIGO" (3:11)

From How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

in stores on November 23rd.

ARENA TOUR PLANNED IN 2005

Re: Kansas City Fans - Vertigo to play on 97.3 Please read

U2Fan101 said:
Got this from Christina who is a DJ at 97.3 The Planet in Kansas City

ARENA TOUR PLANNED IN 2005

Has this got to the tour section here ??

Mike

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you mean should this have been posted in the tour forum, no, it was just an addition to the email about the premiere of Vertigo on radio.

If you mean do they have any tour information, no. But I was told from the DJ that Kansas City is a definite possibility as when Universel sent the promo info it said "2005 - 2006 World Tour In Your Home Town".

That's probably just a general statement, but sounds like a possibility to me for KC.

The PLanet has played Vertigo a few times already today and will play it again at 5 PM CST and then before 7 PM CST. LISTEN To it if you live in KC. !!! Stations are playing it now cause Phoenix broke the street date.

Just heard it on the planet!!!
WHOOOOT!!!!!
Been a while since the radio beat the internet to the goods...

are there different versions floating around? what happened to that part where it sounds like they pull the plug? o well sounds great. awesome rockin song......ive heard it like 50 times on the radio

I have heard 2 different versions. One is a bootleg version off a some spanish speaking radio. The other is a cleaner version. Both I have only heard online through crappy computer speakers.

Has anyone figured out what is said after "uno, dos, tres, catorce" and before bono starts to sing?

I can hear "captain" but I can't make out the rest.

Anyone?

U2Fan101 said:
I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you mean should this have been posted in the tour forum, no, it was just an addition to the email about the premiere of Vertigo on radio.

If you mean do they have any tour information, no. But I was told from the DJ that Kansas City is a definite possibility as when Universel sent the promo info it said "2005 - 2006 World Tour In Your Home Town".

That's probably just a general statement, but sounds like a possibility to me for KC.

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade but U2 most likely won't be playing Kansas City ever again. They only sold 14,500 tickets out of a possible 20,000 at Kemper Arena in 2001. And unless they don't standarize their ticket prices (which they always do) and price it according to each market, then it is a possibility and your guess is as good as mine.

LuminousTimes said:
I have heard 2 different versions. One is a bootleg version off a some spanish speaking radio. The other is a cleaner version. Both I have only heard online through crappy computer speakers.

Has anyone figured out what is said after "uno, dos, tres, catorce" and before bono starts to sing?

I can hear "captain" but I can't make out the rest.

Anyone?

"Turn it up loud Captian"

It's definetly Bono using his goofy voice.

Uh, were you here? Yeah, it didn't sell out, but trust me, it was only 1,000 or so short.

Plus Kemper sucks.
Plus tickets went on sell a lousy 20 days before the show.

Plus there was a concert RIGHT next door at the SAME TIME that pulled from their demo.

Plus we suck... Oh, wait...no...that's not right...

Yeah with the KC and St Louis shows, they were barely announced ahead of time, I thought for sure the tour was gonna be over and they weren't coming to Missouri. So almost everyone I knew went ahead and travelled somewhere else like Chicago b/c they didn't think they would come here. Plus it sucked that I joined propaganda to get tix, then they didn't announce the dates earlier enough to even get them through Propaganda! I hope this time they stick us on the little tour schedule in the first place, b/c we definitely love U2 here in MO!

Originally posted by tkramer Uh, were you here? Yeah, it didn't sell out, but trust me, it was only 1,000 or so short.

That's because they reduced the capacity from a 360 to 270 end stage configuration after it wasn't selling well.

Originally posted by tkramer Plus Kemper sucks.
Plus tickets went on sell a lousy 20 days before the show.

Plus there was a concert RIGHT next door at the SAME TIME that pulled from their demo.

Plus we suck... Oh, wait...no...that's not right...

No. The concert didn't sell well because prices were too high.

Bay area fans, I just heard Vertigo on 104.5, they said that Interscope sent it to them when they found out that it was played in Croatia, and they were given the ok to play it!!
Sounds AWESOME ON THE RADIO!!!!! :up:

This was for the Elevation Tour. Actually, frankly, the PopMart tour in KC didn't do too well either.

To be honest with you, I think the whole KC show not selling out was for multiple reasons.

1. It is KC - acts never sell out here.

2. Tickets went on sale near the end of the tour, so, as EmilyBono said, it had an effect on what fans, like myself, going to Minneapolis and Denver to see them at the beginning since I knew (at the time) there would be no KC show.

3. Right next door was a Linkin Park concert that same night. I knew a lot of people who wanted to see U2, but Linkin Park was much more a favorite band, so thus they went to see Linkin Park. Otherwise, they would have seen U2 no sweat.

4. I do agree that ticket prices were way too high, and regeardless of Kansas boasting the third richest county in the US, it still was too expensive for most Kansas/Missouri people to see them.

Hey, you didn't mention the 360 to 270 change.
Then yeah, you could say it was way short.

I didn't mention ticket prices becuase you already did.
I totally agree that was a big reason. Probably the biggest. I mean, you can own a brand new 4 bedroom two bath 2700 sq. ft. house here for 1,000 a month with good credit. The same thing would cost you 2,500.00 or more in Cali or New York. (In your face overpriced coasts!) Yet the ticket prices were the same on the last tour. A 130.00 ticket to a New Yorker looks like a 200.00 ticket to midwesterners. I think you'll see tier pricing this time out, as most artists and promoters are starting to do this...

You can't tell me less than three weeks on sale didn't hurt. We're not Ireland, this town needs TIME to sell anything. Even Usher didn't sell out right away, and that nut has 3 #1's off his current album.

And much as I hate Linkin Park, they did effect the show being less than 200 yards away. Yes, 200 yards. (Remember, they were huge in 2001)

And because I can't show a "voice" on the net, I wanna say I'm not trying to be a wanker. I like you No control.

tkramer said:
I think you'll see tier pricing this time out, as most artists and promoters are starting to do this...

U2's always had tier pricing.

Originally posted by tkramer You can't tell me less than three weeks on sale didn't hurt. We're not Ireland, this town needs TIME to sell anything. Even Usher didn't sell out right away, and that nut has 3 #1's off his current album.

I don't think it would've made that big a difference to tell you the truth. If it was put on sale even six weeks before the show, I genuinely don't believe it would've sold much more than 1-2,000 tickets on top of what they actually did sell for the show there (14,500).

Prince, for example puts his shows on sale sometimes only a month before the show, and he'll have the largerst attended tour this year for North America (1.2 million tickets sold). He, btw, sold 11,500 tickets in Kansas City this year.

Originally posted by tkramer And much as I hate Linkin Park, they did effect the show being less than 200 yards away. Yes, 200 yards. (Remember, they were huge in 2001)

And because I can't show a "voice" on the net, I wanna say I'm not trying to be a wanker. I like you No control.

I don't think Linkin Park has the same audience as U2 does. They're a harder rock band, U2's a pop act, basically. Yes, there was probably some fans they would've gone to see U2 if LP weren't playing the same night but not that much.

I don't think you're being a wanker. You're just expressing your opinion, just like I am. Nothing wrong with that...

Shame about the Prince show. He's the man. Deserves a bigger crowd.

And has U2 always had market tier pricing? Not within a show, (ie 130, 85, and 45) but from market to market. (Sorry, don't know what else to call it.) For instance, was the elevation tour the same $$$ from city to city? I thought it was. (Man, I bought tickets to four shows in three cities, you'd think I'd remember) It's silly to sell the same ticket price to a St. Louis fan and a New York fan.

Originally posted by tkramer And has U2 always had market tier pricing? Not within a show, (ie 130, 85, and 45) but from market to market. (Sorry, don't know what else to call it.) For instance, was the elevation tour the same $$$ from city to city? I thought it was. (Man, I bought tickets to four shows in three cities, you'd think I'd remember) It's silly to sell the same ticket price to a St. Louis fan and a New York fan.

To my knowledge, yes. The North American prices for ZooTV were $20-30 and for PopMart it was $40-60. And all the North American dates for the Elevation tour prices were $45/$85/$130, hence standardized tier pricing. You're talking about non standardized tier pricing I believe...?

Back
Top Bottom