MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America

Says U2place.com :

U2valencia.com informed them Universal Music Spain has confirmed the date of relase of "The Joshua Tree Deluxe edition" for December 10 2007.
The DVD will include the concert from July 4 1987 in Paris (Hippodrome de Vincenns), duration 1 hour and 30 minutes and the documentry Outside it's America.

OK, if this is true, that may just be the full Paris gig. On U2VT, we record it as being 97 minutes long. So if the "1 hour 30 minutes" duration is simply the time being rounded off, then we could be in for the full gig. If it's exact ... well, isn't the tear gas WOWY roughly 7 minutes long? I wouldn't be shocked if it were cut. Or alternatively, that time could be taken up by a couple of the covers that people on the earlier thread suggested may not be included due to licencing difficulties.

Also, Outside It's America? Sweeet. This just keeps getting better and better. Funny how rumours do that, eh?

Oh, and here's the set again for the Paris gig, for those unfamiliar with it. Exit, The Unforgettable Fire, The Electric Co. :drool:

Last edited:
I thought this would be like Milan, 10 or so songs. But an hour and a half ? That has to be most of, if not, the full show. :yippie:

Now if only the "rarities" will be something other and not just the JT B-sides...

Oh, wow. Was this concert previously released as a video bootleg, or are we seeing this for the first time? (+ DVD quality!)

mobvok said:
Oh, wow. Was this concert previously released as a video bootleg, or are we seeing this for the first time? (+ DVD quality!)

Yeah, there's bootlegged proshot footage of most of it out there, but this will be a huge improvement in quality.

it's just too wonderful to be true....

:yippie: :lock: :dancing: :applaud: :bonodrum:

WOWY - that's one of the highlights of the show - (that would be really annoying if the cutted that - Bono is so cool and charismatic when he is sending out his LOVE in the Snippet from Love will tear us apart) - I really hope it's on there...

Unrelated, but still U2 news:
u2place is also reporting that it seems Nicoletta Mantovani, widow of the tenor Pavarotti, is to put together an event in the memory of her husband. The title chosen for this is "Friends of Pavarotti" and will take place in Royal Albert Hall in London. The date is said to be December 13. The artists invited to perform will be the tenor's friends, among them Placido Domingo, Jose Carerras, Bono and The Edge from U2, Sting, Zucchero and Aretha Franklin.

IF........and I say IF this is true.......maybe the 7 mins difference in the Paris DVD is because they cut C mon Everybody and Stand by me from the concert since they arent U2 songs.

I usually download every U2 material from internet:reject: but I'm gonna make exception wit JT limited edition. I love Paris gig, I think Bono's voice at this stage of JT tour was stronger than on American legs. I'll give myself veeery nice gift for christmas:drool:

Very cool news, if it actually turns out to be true. It's not that I don't believe U2girl's source, it's more that I don't believe any U2 release coming out when it's actually scheduled. It seems like "everything you know is wrong" seems to be ringing a little too true in the U2 camp these days

I've been listening to the Joshua Tree a lot in my car on the way to and from work this week, and falling in love with it again. It's still not my favorite U2 album, but there's no denying it was a masterpiece. I wish they'd shelf Bullet and ISHFWILF and bring back some of the amazing deeper tracks like In God's Country and One Tree Hill and Exit. Can you imagine how amazing Exit would be live with the way Edge has been playing recently? :combust:

Was this pushed back from November to December? Anyway, I hope it's true and it sounds great! Though when I first read about the show lasting 1,5 hours I thought I cannot possibly be an entire concert. :wink:

Personally I cannot wait to see/hear/have that. I have never heard or seen the Paris show so that will be so great.

last unicorn said:
Personally I cannot wait to see/hear/have that. I have never heard or seen the Paris show so that will be so great.

I hope I did the quoting part right. Sorry in advance if it comes out wrong.

I cannot wait either. I have only seen bits and pieces on youtube of the Paris show. Heck I haven't seen or heard really too much of the bootlegs out there. I really need to make an effort to find more, just not sure where to look.

Thanks U2girl for posting that info. If the release date is true, than I know what hubby can get me for Christmas this year. :happy:

U2girl said:
Unrelated, but still U2 news:
u2place is also reporting that it seems Nicoletta Mantovani, widow of the tenor Pavarotti, is to put together an event in the memory of her husband. The title chosen for this is "Friends of Pavarotti" and will take place in Royal Albert Hall in London. The date is said to be December 13. The artists invited to perform will be the tenor's friends, among them Placido Domingo, Jose Carerras, Bono and The Edge from U2, Sting, Zucchero and Aretha Franklin.

My thougths goes to an amazing version on Miss Sarejvo with an orchestra...

U2FanPeter said:
What happened ot the disc of Bsides?

I read on U2valencia that the Bsides released with all the rattle and hum singles will be part of the package with the deluxe version.

Super Deluxe version would contain all deluxe version items + will have DVD included of the 4 of july 1987 Paris show and the documentary of "outside it's america".

this is an exciting rumor.
i hate to be 'that dude that has to complain', but....
u2setlists.com has the set as
:
07/04/1987 The Hippodrome - Paris, France

Stand By Me
C'mon Everybody
I Will Follow
rip Through Your Wires
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Exit / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
In God's Country
The Electric Co. / Break On Through (snippet)
Help
Bad
October
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
encores: Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
With Or Without You
Party Girl

one of the only shows at which 'Streets' was omitted.
why would they release a show missing the best song from their best album? why release a show from the tour about an album full of american imagery an themes that was recorded in France? wouldn't it make more sense (thematically) to release a show from the US, maybe NYC 9/28/87 (whith the gospel choir)? they filmed so much of that leg (JT tour leg 3) for R&H - they could have their pick of an amazing litter...
i hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the omission of 'Streets' really hurts this for me. the best performances of that song were from that tour (or lovetown). i'd just be a bit more pumped if it was a show that included it. would feel more complete or something...

True, no Streets, and that's pretty huge. I still think the release is possible, even despite it. One possibility is that with the release of U2:18 and the quote that went with it--that it's closing a chapter and opening a new one--as well as with the onslaught of rereleases (Sydney, Mexico, now possibly Paris, plus the 3D film whenever it comes), and with the Moroccan clues to a possible big change in style, perhaps the band truly are looking to close (okay, half-close) a door on some of the past and move in a new direction. If they really release a show without Streets, knowing that it's the song where "God walks into the room," maybe it's one sign of not wanting to become a greatest hits band. That may be reading a bit into it, but it's a thought. And if they really can release a show without Streets--a show that opens with two covers and has Exit, October, UF, MLK, and Party Girl--maybe there's a gleam of hope in terms of some setlist gems next tour.

Of course, if they took Streets out of rotation, there'd be hell to pay. :wink:

Dec. 10 is a pretty late release date to get those Christmas sales.

This is cool news.

Is the "Outside it's America" documentary the one where it features Bono walking down a dusty track and a freight train passes behind him while Spanish Eyes plays?? If so, cooool.

Utoo said:
True, no Streets, and that's pretty huge. I still think the release is possible, even despite it. One possibility is that with the release of U2:18 and the quote that went with it--that it's closing a chapter and opening a new one--as well as with the onslaught of rereleases (Sydney, Mexico, now possibly Paris, plus the 3D film whenever it comes), and with the Moroccan clues to a possible big change in style, perhaps the band truly are looking to close (okay, half-close) a door on some of the past and move in a new direction. If they really release a show without Streets, knowing that it's the song where "God walks into the room," maybe it's one sign of not wanting to become a greatest hits band. That may be reading a bit into it, but it's a thought. And if they really can release a show without Streets--a show that opens with two covers and has Exit, October, UF, MLK, and Party Girl--maybe there's a gleam of hope in terms of some setlist gems next tour.

Of course, if they took Streets out of rotation, there'd be hell to pay. :wink:

I like your thinking.

Re: Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America

U2girl said:
Says U2place.com :

U2valencia.com informed them Universal Music Spain has confirmed the date of relase of "The Joshua Tree Deluxe edition" for December 10 2007.
The DVD will include the concert from July 4 1987 in Paris (Hippodrome de Vincenns), duration 1 hour and 30 minutes and the documentry Outside it's America.

If there's going to be a special edition of this release, then U2 (or their label) had best do it right. That means b-sides, these DVD's and maybe even some tidbits (like an unreleased track - "Woman Fish"??) or other rarities. Getting another JT is a bit superfluous, especially in the download age.

So I do hope U2 continue to add, not subtract. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom