MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Produced by Brian Eno". Oops, sorry Danny.

And while this article may have been compiled from various rumors and sources, it's nice to read "demos, alt. versions. and b-sides".

And looks like Nov. 20 is the date after all. Oh well, only a month's wait.

"demos, alternate versions, and B-sides"

Nice.

I wonder if the alternate versions will be previously unreleased, or if it's just something like the single version of Streets.

This is shaping up to be one hell of a release if all goes well.

Awesome. :hyper: I doubt that any of the extra songs will be stuff we don't have already, but who knows...! I'd love to hear full versions of those few 30-second clips that that old truck driver stole....

phanan said:
"demos, alternate versions, and B-sides"

:hmm: U2valencia said something about a studio version of People get ready.

Is this Paris show better than the LA pro-shot, for those that have seen them both ?

Hmm...I think the Paris gig is maybe better (despite no Streets) but hard to say as the video quality of the LA vid is much better.

Hmm trying to figure, this will be my nth copy of JT..

Cassette
CD
2nd CD (to replace stolen copy)
MFSL CD (though I didn't buy that - bad CT)
Re-release

So, my 5th :)

Axver said:

It just wouldn't be Interference if there weren't a huge debate about it, if some people weren't blindly getting all excited, if Blue Room weren't vocally naysaying everything, and if I weren't somehow relating everything on earth including your sleeping patterns back to setlist statistics.

I think you know what you can do with yourself Axver.

I dont naysay everything. I'm realistic about things when people here go off the deep end with ridiculous speculation which is typically based on little to nothing. I'm still waiting on that new studio album that was due well NOW that people were so certain about last year at this time.

Even in this thread, I admitted this is a possiblity but the Paris DVD is what I'm skeptical on. Sorry that offends you so much. Block me, PLEASE!

Well I'm glad to see the Billboard has confirmed the rerelease of this CD. Joshua Tree is one of thee, if not thee best album of the 1980's...so it's only right that it is celebrated as such on it's 20th anniversary....now can we get the rest of the albums/CD's remastered too...:pray:

Blue Room said:
I think you know what you can do with yourself Axver.

A sense of humour is good for you. You might want to read my post again with tongue firmly planted in cheek (and note who I insulted the most - myself).

dudeman said:
this is an exciting rumor.
i hate to be 'that dude that has to complain', but....
u2setlists.com has the set as
:
07/04/1987 The Hippodrome - Paris, France

Stand By Me
C'mon Everybody
I Will Follow
rip Through Your Wires
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Exit / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
In God's Country
The Electric Co. / Break On Through (snippet)
Help
Bad
October
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
encores: Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
With Or Without You
Party Girl

one of the only shows at which 'Streets' was omitted.
why would they release a show missing the best song from their best album? why release a show from the tour about an album full of american imagery an themes that was recorded in France? wouldn't it make more sense (thematically) to release a show from the US, maybe NYC 9/28/87 (whith the gospel choir)? they filmed so much of that leg (JT tour leg 3) for R&H - they could have their pick of an amazing litter...
i hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the omission of 'Streets' really hurts this for me. the best performances of that song were from that tour (or lovetown). i'd just be a bit more pumped if it was a show that included it. would feel more complete or something...
Yeah, but the performance of Streets is on "Rattle and Hum" and it's performed on every DVD. I'd rather have something different. I personally hate the choir thing.

Hopefully, we'll see more stuff from the "Rattle and Hum" footage if there is much more.....

I was a child when JT came out, so I'd love to see performances of when Bono's voice was powerful!

manwiththespinninhead said:
i have also read in my local paper that there will be a limited box set release with actual "joshua Tree " seeds for fans to grow their own joshua tree.

Growing your own tree would be damn near impossible, and the seeds are too large to be effectively packaged in a cd rerelease.

Someone at your local paper should do their homework before writing.

martha said:

Growing your own tree would be damn near impossible, and the seeds are too large to be effectively packaged in a cd rerelease.

Someone at your local paper should do their homework before writing.

I think he was joking

I spotted a tracklisting for the Deluxe edition on the site of HMV. I don't know if it's 100% accurate, but if it is... :ohmy: :hyper:

Disc One

* 1. Where The Streets Have No Name
* 2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
* 3. With Or Without You
* 4. Bullet The Blue Sky
* 5. Running To Stand Still
* 6. Red Hill Mining Town
* 7. In God's Country
* 8. Trip Through Your Wires
* 9. One Tree Hill
* 10. Exit
* 11. Mothers Of The Disappeared

Disc Two

* 1. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
* 2. Walk To The Water
* 3. Spanish Eyes
* 4. Deep In The Heart
* 5. Silver And Gold
* 6. Sweetest Thing
* 7. Race Against Time
* 8. Where The Streets Have No Name [Single Edit]
* 9. Silver And Gold [Sun City Version]
* 10. Beautiful Ghost / Introduction To Songs Of Experience
* 11. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
* 12. Desert Of Our Love
* 13. Rise Up
* 14. Drunk Chicken / America

Disc Three - DVD

* 1. I Will Follow [Live From Paris]
* 2. Trip Through Your Wires [Live From Paris]
* 3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For [Live From Paris]
* 4. MLK [Live From Paris]
* 5. Unforgettable Fire [Live From Paris]
* 6. Sunday Bloody Sunday [Live From Paris]
* 7. Exit [Live From Paris]
* 8. In God's Country [Live From Paris]
* 9. The Electric Co. [Live From Paris]
* 10. Bad [Live From Paris]
* 11. October [Live From Paris]
* 12. New Year's Day [Live From Paris]
* 13. Pride (In The Name Of Love) [Live From Paris]
* 14. Bullet The Blue Sky [Live From Paris]
* 15. Running To Stand Still [Live From Paris]
* 16. With Or Without You [Live From Paris]
* 17. Party Girl [Live From Paris]
* 18. ''40'' [Live From Paris]
* 19. Outside It's America
* 20. With Or Without You
* 21. Red Hill Mining Town

The second disc is mainly the regular B-sides and the Bono solo version of Silver And Gold (also previously released). But then it gets interesting... I know some (all?) of these tracks were released on The Complete U2 on iTunes, but weren't available on CD before.
And then the DVD. It seems the concert is missing its 3 covers (Stand By Me, C'mon Everybody, Help), but it does include the performance of With Or Without You. Plus probably the regular promo video of WOWY. But... can it be true? Is that a video for Red Hill Mining Town that I see there??? :faint:

:drool:

That HMV tracklist actually sounds too good to be true.

14. Drunk Chicken / America

I am doubtful of this hmv tracklist due to this silly title. Then again they did write and perform a song called Womanfish in the run up to the JT release - so, who knows?

Also, why would it include the videos for WOWY and Red Hill Mining Town and not have the videos for Still Haven't Found and Streets?

:ohmy: Red hill mining town ?!? I thought they completely buried that video...

* 11. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
* 12. Desert Of Our Love
* 13. Rise Up
* 14. Drunk Chicken / America

So that's only 4 really new songs, if those are the real titles.

"Only" 4 new songs? Given the fact that there's any new stuff still to come out of those sessions, plus the live DVD, plus the doc, plus the possibility of RHMT, this is shaping up to be a very, very good set indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom