MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...joshua+tree&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1772332

Best buy has it for $35.99, down from a list price of 39.98, whereas Amazon has it at 59.98. Somebody made a typo and I think (and hope!) that it was Amazon.

Edit: The Best Buy I called in PA says they don't hold stuff and I should get there early. They open at 10 and I can't get there until 11:30 without cutting class so I will have to cross my fingers.

Last edited:
u2trinity said:
when U2 releases something in a "limited edition " anyone know what are the numbers ?

There are still deluxe editions of Bomb and U218 gathering dust at some local record shops around here, if that tells you anything.

OK, silly question: What CD cover do the current UK and European releases of JT have? I thought that it was rereleased in 2000 with the original vinyl cover.

I have a 2000 Mexican pressing with the original vinyl cover, a photo of the joshua tree on the back, and the timing break error fixed. Is this not what is currently in the shops in Europe? Did they go back to the stretched cover?

Varitek said:
Edit: The Best Buy I called in PA says they don't hold stuff and I should get there early. They open at 10 and I can't get there until 11:30 without cutting class so I will have to cross my fingers.

You might be able to order it online for in store pickup. That's what I'll probably try to do if possible.

US Amazon has to be wrong--especially with both B&N and Best Buy saying the suggested price is $39.99. Plus, Amazon has the old, distorted cover as the picture...and I highly doubt that the real cover won't be used for the remastered edition.

Popmartijn said:
I think those limited edition CDs are not in print anymore. However, not all printed copies are sold yet. With this deluxe limited edition, I think that it'll have one pressing and once that one is sold out, it won't be manufactured anymore. Still, it's pressing might be over 100,000 (or 200,000 or whatever number).
And even that doesn't guarantee its 'limitedness'. Earlier this year the 2 albums by The Travelling Wilburys were reissued. One of the packages was a deluxe limited edition, which sold out pretty quickly. Well, they decided to manufacture a second pressing of that limited decision (due to popular demand).

Bottom line: you never know how limited a limited edition might be.

This is a major relea$e by U2(with a major advance from the record label), so you'll be able to find a copy of it new in a couple months. There's been no mention of it being numbered.

The only limited U2 releases I can really think of are some short-lived cd singles from only 1 country.

u2fp

Release date????

November 20?..or December 11?...November 20?..December 11?...november 20?..December 11?..

This is confusing,to say the least.

So how will they pack this ? It's easy to for 1 CD and 1 DVD (like Bomb or U2:18), but how will they manage to do 2 CDs and 1 DVD ?

hmm... to buy or not to buy... i thought they might keep this sort of thing under wraps at least until one of them passes, by which i mean at least another 30 years, hopefully, or longer.

it does seem like they're re-releasing too much too often.

kingofsorrow said:
so this is really happening? forget about amazon and best buy. has U2 confirmed this release? date?

No.

But as it was also stated some posts ago, U2.com has confirmed it.
:p

Popmartijn said:

:confused:

This is the first time they're re-releasing a record. How can that be too much, too often?

i suppose i'm viewing it from a slightly different angle, thinking of:

best of 80-90 b-sides disc, which has a lot of this "bonus material" ;
Sweetest Thing as a single... ca. 1998 or 1999

Complete U2 on iTunes, which also has a lot of it. ca. 2005

U218 (seems redundant and far too close on the heels of the two best of albums, and the release of htdaab) ca. 2006

re-release of ZooTV on DVD ca. 2006

re-release of PopMart on DVD ca. 2007

I know the DVD releases of ZooTV and POP really don't belong in this category as they don't overlap the JT era at all, it just seems that this decade we get about five re-releases for every new release. it's the kind of ratio i expect from "an old band", not U2.

But in many respects they are an older band; I'm just not accustomed to it. (cue violins, lmao)

Uhm taking 20 years to re-release a classic album, remastered with better sound and throwing in a previously (only in bootleg form) DVD of a concert and a documentary and a never before seen video... Plus giving people (audio geeks) an option to get it on 4 sided vinyl (which I will buy).

Sounds awesome to me.

How can anyone complain about this?

I guess you can't win. People bitched and moaned about not getting ZOO TV and Popmart on DVD and now people complain that they re-released ZOO TV and Popmart on DVD. :lol:

ramblin rose said:
I guess you can't win. People bitched and moaned about not getting ZOO TV and Popmart on DVD and now people complain that they re-released ZOO TV and Popmart on DVD. :lol:

yeah, well-said. i'm not really complaining. it's my fault for hanging out on a u2 board so much when i know the release of NEW new material is still probably at least a year away. i just wish they'd release new albums more than once every four years, but that's been the way of it for about 15 years now... it's the trade-off for their being such a great live band with such extensive tours.

dr. zooeuss said:
hmm... to buy or not to buy... i thought they might keep this sort of thing under wraps at least until one of them passes, by which i mean at least another 30 years, hopefully, or longer.

it does seem like they're re-releasing too much too often.

wow - :ohmy:

I really don't understand some people. For me this is way better than U2 releasing a new album. - the Paris gig :drool: , the Video for Red Hill Mining Town, real rarities on the second disc, the best songs they wrote in better sound quality - and still people complaining.

undercover-music say it's the 20. Novemer -

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3192

The thing with the release date is really confusing...

Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon all have Nov. 20, so I believe it. Amazon will surely come down to the real price of 39.98 or even somewhat more discounted, but I'm going with the suggestion on the last page to do in store pickup from Best Buy when that becomes available. I can't wait those 3 days, especially when day 3 is Thanksgiving, so it will really take until Friday or even Saturday.

For me, this is much more than a re-release. Most of the stuff on this one has never seen the light of day before, plus the songs on the original album are remastered. So this is really exciting. I ordered it on Amazon Germany yesterday, at the moment the release date for the 3 disc Super Deluxe edition is Dec. 7 ( so long to wait :tsk: ) and the price is Euro 25,99, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom