MERGED --> Joshua Tree Deluxe: delayed in Australia + Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr_perfect said:
anyone get in Vancouver?

Future Shop never got their shipments - it said so on their computer screen. They also did not receive their TOOL dvds. Looks like someone is low on the totem pole.....

HMV downtown got 2 cases full and they disappeared in a couple hours 1st day. 4 on hold.

Chapters downtown was sold out, but they had 1 left in the city at another location which I nabbed. $57.99

Altogether it actually was quite a pain in the ass to find, but it's very cool that stores have computers with catalogued inventory that is mostly correct information.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

Future Shop never got their shipments - it said so on their computer screen. They also did not receive their TOOL dvds. Looks like someone is low on the totem pole.....

HMV downtown got 2 cases full and they disappeared in a couple hours 1st day. 4 on hold.

Chapters downtown was sold out, but they had 1 left in the city at another location which I nabbed. $57.99

Altogether it actually was quite a pain in the ass to find, but it's very cool that stores have computers with catalogued inventory that is mostly correct information.

u2fp

I went to my Future Shop (Kamloops) and was shocked that they had none. I was going to go to Costco too, but I know they are always a week or 2 after any release date so I didn't bother. I ended up going to Play in the big mall here and walked all around the damn store to find the ONLY copy they got in. It was in their DVD section. What a freak show release this turned out to be for Canada.

Roland of Gilead said:
What a freak show release this turned out to be for Canada.

There's 7 or 8 different u2/Joshua music releases on the market

-remastered cd
-remastered cd with bonus disc
-remastered cd with bonus disc and DVD and fancy packaging
-remastered album on double vinyl
-20 year old cd
-old vinyl release(?)
-Classic albums dvd
-UK import cd release with LP cover photo(cd is closely cropped)may have a different catalogue number

When so many of these have very similar names and the stores inventory listings are vague, it's easy for the "seasonal help" workers to get lost quite quickly.

u2fp

I was unable to find any copies today when I went looking everywear I went either didnt have any or were sold out of the stock they had, which I assume wasnt much. I ordered it from Amazon which says its in stock but who knows.

Axver said:
Bah. Not that I could find the JT set for a reasonable price, though ...

I preordered mine on CDWow back in November and got it for AUS$35.99. They completely messed up the price and so I got a totla bargain. It arrived through the mail on Friday and I've got to say it was well worth the wait.

I hit up Sanity with an email about the Super Deluxe version in Oz... and this is what they sent back:

Dear Daniel, Thanl you for your email. 'Joshua Tree - Super Deluxe' has already been released in Australia. Unfortunately the title was deleted by our suppliers and the recording company the same day it was released. Sanity/Virgin/HMV stores receieved a combined total of 20 copies across Australia. As for 'Office S3', we have no details of its release. Regards, Customer ServiceSanity.com.au

Any ideas??

neilm said:

I preordered mine on CDWow back in November and got it for AUS$35.99. They completely messed up the price and so I got a totla bargain. It arrived through the mail on Friday and I've got to say it was well worth the wait.

Ha, nice. I managed to get mine for free as a Christmas gift. :wink:

My stepfather managed to get the only copy left at the JB Hi-Fi in Robina. Apparently it was hidden out the back and the guy there had some trouble finding it.

mr_perfect said:
has anyone been able to get this from a futureshop store or futureshop.ca?

I just received mine from futureshop.ca
It around a week to come.

For $60, I reckon that's a damn fine buy. A beautiful box, hardcover 56 page book, five top-notch photos packaged with care, and then the cd, cd, dvd. A lot of thought, and a big :up: to U2.

Back
Top Bottom