MERGED-->italian radio broadcasts new U2 songs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
italian radio broadcasts new U2 songs??

Just 5 minutes ago I heard on local radio that brief demos of some of the new U2 songs were broadcast earlier today on an italian radio station and that they already circulate on KaZaA. I did my search but couldn't find them. I will continue searching!! I hope it's not a rumour.

No, they mentioned they were demos from the upcoming album. That's why I've been searhing KaZaA like manian for a while now!!

:yikes:

No no, please tell me this isn't true!!!

If the demos are leaked that will mean that the band will probably re-do their songs or push the album out faster (and less complete) or even take longer!! That would SUCK!!!

Please God, tell me this is just a rumour. :huh: :( :sigh:

I will believe it when I hear it, but, its not beyond the realm of possibility. U2 supposedly let the snippets of Discotheque leak prior to the album release to generate some publicity. The only thing that seems odd is that they were broadcast and did not turn up on the internet first.

Also, even if this did happen and they had nothing to do with it. There is no way it would effect what they were doing in the studio. The Achtung Baby demos surface well before Achtung Baby was released and they had no effect on the recordings process.

Last edited:
Heck, it could even be about the two new Tomb Raider songs ( If that was true as well )

does anyone know what names to look for? anything? searching for just 'u2' will be kinda painstaking, sifting through heaps of already knowns for one we may not...

just did a search a kazaa.......and nothing.

i'd bet on this not being true. but you never know.

U2Log has the supposed MP3 of Original of the Species up, but it's of dubious validity (check it out to understand what I mean).

If that's Bono singing, I'll eat my arm off at the shoulder.

U2Log has MP3 of "Original of the Species"

U2Log.com has posted a link to an Italian radio station that has claimed to have the first 30 seconds of Original of the Species on their site for download.

There's no way in hell this could be U2. #1, that's not Bono; #2, that's not Edge. If that's Bono I'll slice my foot off with a dull butter knife. It sounds like a shitty cover band trying to sound "cool" to me.

:lol:

At first I thought the guitar riff was vaguely reminiscent of Pride.

Actually now that I think of it, that guitar part sounds quite similar to Pink Floyd's Take It Back off of The Division Bell CD. Anyone with me on this?

Well anyways, it's a hoax. It's a song by Marillion, called Cover My Eyes off of their Holidays in Eden CD. You can listen for yourself and hear the exact same voice here:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...6792/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_11_8/028-6771582-2485314

How anyone thought this was a U2 track (especially a radio station) is beyond me.

Guess we have to wait some more!

:D

HelloAngel said:
Yep - it's not U2 at all. It sounds like a really bad song from an 80s movie.

:yes: exact, it doesn't sound like U2, the little of the song doesn't sound very well

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:

Jack In The Box
exact, it doesn't sound like U2, the little of the song doesn't sound very well

It sounds better than The Hands That Build America...

I better add "in my opinion"

Why doesn't this 30 second clip NOT sound anything like U2?

To the casual listener (ie non U2 obsessed people) that music sounds like it has a lot of similarities to other U2 songs. When I first heard it, it immediately reminded me of a more passive version of the intro to "In God's Country"

Supposedly this group known as U2 takes their music in new directions, so why couldnt this 30 second clip be a new direction they've taken?

Ok the vocals are a bit crude, but if its an out-take then maybe Bono's just experimenting with his voice to see what kind of new vocal spin he can put to the music.

As for the music itself, its energetic and pleasant, plus it does have close similiarities to previous U2 work. Obviously not identical, but to me it sounds more U2 than Van Diemens Land, Wake Up Dead Man, etc.

Honestly I have doubt to its authenticity, but it does sound very simliar to U2 - to me.

HelloAngel said:

Jack In The Box
exact, it doesn't sound like U2, the little of the song doesn't sound very well

It sounds better than "The Hands That Build America..."

I better add "in my opinion"

Why does this 30 second clip NOT sound like U2?

To the casual listener (ie non U2 obsessed people) that music appears to have a lot of similarities to other U2 songs. When I first heard it, it immediately reminded me of a more passive version of the intro to "In God's Country"

Supposedly this group known as U2 takes their music in NEW directions. They experiment with styles and sounds. Sometimes they create sounds like nothing they've made before, and sometimes they create sounds that are familiar. So why couldnt this 30 second clip be a new sound/direction they've taken?

Ok the vocals are a bit crude, but if its an out-take then maybe Bono's just experimenting with his voice to see what kind of new vocal spin he can put to the music.

As for the music itself, its energetic and pleasant, plus it does have close similiarities to previous U2 work. Obviously not identical, but to me it sounds more U2 than say Van Diemens Land, Wake Up Dead Man, The Wanderer, Mofo, etc.

Personally I place doubt in its authenticity, but to me it sounds like an out-take U2 could have produced.

DaveC said:
Well anyways, it's a hoax. It's a song by Marillion, called Cover My Eyes off of their Holidays in Eden CD. You can listen for yourself and hear the exact same voice here:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...6792/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_11_8/028-6771582-2485314

How anyone thought this was a U2 track (especially a radio station) is beyond me.

:D

I've now listened to "Cover My Eyes" by Marillion and DaveC is correct - it IS the same song.

However, I still believe it is easily mistaken as U2 material. To affirm my belief I've taken to chatrooms (all around the world) and sending random people the 30 second clip from U2Log.com.

After they listen to it I ask them who is the artist is. The most common answer I recieve is: U2

However a radio station should do their research before making announcements that they've got new U2 material, when its really an existing song by another band. That's somewhat irresponsible I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom