MERGED --> I think I have Mercy!!!!! + Mercy, the b side w/ Achtung Bab + Mercy!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are based off the first batch of lyrics. Didn't see your second try, but we came to some of the same conclusions... one of the only major changes I see is the weak/wink line.

I was drinking some wine... and it turned to blood
What's the use of religion... if you're any good
I know I'm weedkiller honey... and you're sugar
If you're the prosecution... I get away with murder
If you were ice... I'm water
And with your telescope... I can see further
We're binary code... a one and a zero
You wanted violins... and you got nero
You're gravity... searching for the ground
You're silence... searching for a sound
Your heart is aching... your heart is my home
It's fascinating... I know I'll never be alone

I'm rippin' the stitches
You got two hands to rub
I'm in the ditches
Of someone else's love

Love is when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again

If you hunger... baby let me feed it
If your heart is full... baby let me bleed it
And happiness is for... those who don't really need it
You love me... too much
You always loved me... too much

When I was rippin' the stitches
You got two fists to rub
I'm in the ditches
Of someone else's luck

Love is when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love has come again
I am gone again

Love's got to be with a wink
Only then love gets a chance to speak
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again

I... I can't escape myself
I hear you talk
Feeling nothing
I fear nothing
Feel....

I can hear so much
Fear nothing
I feel so much
Fear... nothing

Love has come again
I am gone again
Love is the end of history
The enemy of misery
Love has come again
I am gone again

Love is justice, a charity
Love brings with it a clarity
Love has come again
I'm alive again
Alive...

I am alive, baby I'm born again and again
And again, and again and again and again
Again

Axver--
i think he says 'violin' instead of 'violence' only because i write lyrics and Nero played the violin while he watched rome burn, so metaphorically that would make more sense.

it means bono really didn't like the idea of it being deleted from the album, so he made sure it got into our hands.

Is it just me or do some of the lplaces were he sings high and loud sound like the bring in the clowns bit of electric co live. The first time would be "You love me... too much"

Nero plays his violin, Seezer his accordian. ;)

The more I listen to it, the first verse Bono sounds like the singer of Echo and The Bunnymen.

And he does in other parts as well.

stargift said:
Axver--
i think he says 'violin' instead of 'violence' only because i write lyrics and Nero played the violin while he watched rome burn, so metaphorically that would make more sense.

Ah, I didn't even think of that! Well, yes, that does make a lot of sense.

Still not sure about some of those other lines, though ...

wow!! just woke up and found out about MERCY , what a great song....the end is weird , it kinda fades to quick

Thanks everyone for sending this song and links!!!:wink:
It's only my 3th turn, but already like it quite a lot! Good lyrics at last!

hugs and thanks again!

I didn't reed al the posts, so maybe it's been answerd. But U2SJ, how did you get the cd with 12 tracks?

Share your little secret.

Seems it's the bootlegged version afterall.

mercy is brilliant maybe they will put it on album as a hidden track? :hyper:
Bono's voice is in great condition!
thanx for that

If Mercy and Are You Gonna Wait Forever were on the album, I would think it as good as Achtung Baby.

Mercy is a lot like Miracle Drug, kinda like the B Side, Always, was like Beautiful Day.

this is i think as good or better than anything on htdaab. lyrically the best thing bono has done in years. no doubt. i wanted the new album to sound more like this production wise, although i do still love it. i need to know how this got leaked, it must have been an inside job....

u2mp3s.com

Hiya,

Given the limitations of yousendit.com (7 days and/or 25 dl's), I'm gonna go ahead & post this song on my u2 mp3 website. (Hopefully I won't get into any trouble, but I'm not posting any songs from the actual 11 track album -- except live versions -- so I'm thinking it'll be cool...)

Anyhoo, I'm converting the wma to 160 mp3 (for decent quality at decent dl rate) & I'm thinking of also adding Fast Cars & Are You Gonna Wait Forever. (I already have Neon Lights up, but it was a hand-me-down & I just bought the single, so I'll re-up that @ 160 as well.)

Here's the link: www.u2mp3s.com (songs will be there asap)

And, on a personal note, after listening to Mercy once just now, for some reason it brings to mind Elvis Presley and America, I guess b/c it's so very Bonolese lyrically... I dunno, maybe I'm nuts, but that's just the first thing that popped into my head, despite it not really sounding very much the same... :eyebrow: :wink:

Cheers,
Mel :bono:

Last edited:
U2_Guy said:
I have a fast car.

Just ONE?! I have TWO!

(Toy cars, that is. Somewhere under my bed. There's all kinds of mysterious stuff under there.)

dream chaser, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Mercy to your site. Hitting Refresh very frequently now.

You're a saint btw. :)

Re: I think I have Mercy!!!!!

U2SJ said:
Hi everyone! :wave:
So as some of you know my story about meeting Bono a couple weeks ago in San Jose.... he said to me "Darling, watch out for Mercy, you will love it, its one of my favorites" :love:

Anyways, somehow I believe I have Mercy in my possession :hyper:

I have a cd copy I was given with a track 12 on it.... and in my opinion it may be Mercy. It is 6:31 and in Blender it describes it as "the track "Mercy", a six-and-a-half minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish", Hence a song that any self-respecting band would be proud to call a single becomes what Bono immediately anoints "the best b-side you've ever heard"...
It's an awesome song, I absolutely love it :combust:

S

I wonder how many more of these 12 track CD's Bono gave away ? and why would he do such a thing ? he should of known it would get leaked onto the internet .......:scratch:

Phi said:
dream chaser, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Mercy to your site. Hitting Refresh very frequently now.

You're a saint btw. :)

Cheers!

I crashed, but I'm back... Was dl'ing 2 different torrents (7 cd salome set & contract demos) while trying to ul all these mp3s... heh heh :der:... All will be there shortly, I promise. :)

I LOVE this song. The intro is classic u2! Grabs you right from the start. Lovely build up and progression. Nice lyrics. Gotta be one of their best ever b-sides!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom