MERGED-->I got my Best Of already!! + You Guys Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got my copy about an hour ago!

gee its great, the dvd is pretty good too. the history mix was interesting,

carnt wait for actural best of dvd:yes: :yes:

so do you think we should keep the hidden preview of the new album track a secret from them or not?

yeaaaaaahhh they can dig around and hear it for themselves in a few days time :D

p.s. zoomer, that helsinki please was played on oz video stations quite a lot back then. i have it on tape from the popmart days. you must have been overseas maybe?

not great

Some real flaws in this collection

no 'The Fly'

:eyebrow:

missing boom-cha in discotheque

really shoddy edit of Ms Sarajevo

im not taking part of bono's Macho-head games in this cheap scheme designed at making a quick million

will buy the dvd videos and maybe the new album (if its any good)

I am very broke this week, with having to pay my damn car registration:mad: but I did stop by the local independant music store up from where I work and order in a copy of the limited edition Best Off- I can wait, seeing as though I have heard all of the songs before and I dont have a DVD player too (will have to put some friends through my U2 obsession and borrow a friends) but I must say that I am intrigued to know what the hidden track is:)

Deadly!

I got mine at 20 past midnight, today :) There was a midnight launch at HMV Grafton Street. They told us that the band wouldn't be there, but there was going to be a surprise. It was the ZOO TV HEADS!!!!! DEADLY!!! I was there rolling on the floor... LMAO!!! They were so funny! I got my picture taken with "Bono" by a photographer from Reuters, so watch this space. I might get my 15 minutes! :lmao:

*off to watch the DVD*

Buckleys have it in stock

I held it yesterday...that's a start.

Hub brought home a parcel last night, obviously a CD. I was momentarily thinking , awwww sweet......... momentarily.
He bought himself/us the new Santana CD ( he has bought every album Carlos has released, major Sanatana fan) He is disappointed with this one, no feeling, is it a fecking drum machine?
He shoulda oughta bought U2...larry larry larry!!!

PS: no cubes at Sanity Grafton amanda I asked...and all the Elvis Presley posters are taken too....I asked.

Cowgirl said:
so do you think we should keep the hidden preview of the new album track a secret from them or not

What are you referring to?????:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Oh and BTW its cool that The Fly made the cut officially isn't it.:)

Re: not great

CrashedCarDriver said:
Some real flaws in this collection

no 'The Fly'

missing boom-cha in discotheque

'The Fly' made the European (well at least Irish) release but as a named seventeenth track! Other than that there's no secret track but I'm glad it made the cut. How could they have a 90's best of without 'The Fly'? :eyebrow:

I like the new mix of 'Gone' better than I first thought from hearing the U2.com stream. Ditto Discotheque. I hadn't heard the new mixes of 'SATS' or 'Numb' up until today but was quite pleased with them. SATS seems quite similar to the album version (just with more backing from Edge during the chorus) and the ending to Numb comes together quite nicely. Enjoyed listening to Hands again too!

...And as for Discotheque I was also real disapointed to hear the Boom Cha's go but where were you for the last week? That mix was available on U2.com several days ago. There was even a poem written about it by someone here on Interference!

Mom might buy mine as an early Christmas gift.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

And I haven't looked at anything besides track-listing for this, so even the booklet will be a surprise to me. :D

I'll hafta see if I can swipe a poster or something from the store, too. I missed out on the chance to when the last Best Of came out. :(

YAY "new" U2!!!!! :dance:

I pre-ordered my Best Of from Amazon, so I won't have it for a few more days at least. :scream: Oh, well, I guess knowing I have a guaranteed copy - complete with bonus DVD - on the way makes it worth the wait.

Cowgirl said:

p.s. zoomer, that helsinki please was played on oz video stations quite a lot back then. i have it on tape from the popmart days. you must have been overseas maybe?

mmm i might have been...

wonder if i can get the rest of the concert anywhere??

there is an audience copy on bloodredksky (4 star) so it might be decent sounding...
if you carnt get into bloodredsky try newmedia

WHOOOOOOHOOOO!!!! Just got home from the midnight release !
I got my copy!!! Just sticking the DVD in right now! :D:D:D
:hyper: I am very happy right now!

Back
Top Bottom