MERGED-->I give you Vertigo + VERTIGO is here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ramblin rose said:
Wow, this sucks.

I'm at work, they have mp3's blocked I have a four hour meeting that starts at 2 and lasts until 6.

I have this fear that by the time I get home Universal would have done a sweep of all of the sites where I can download this from and I'll be the only person in the world who has to wait until it hits the radio tomorrow.

It's called e-mail. Get someone to send it to you.

We need a higher quality clip without the DJ talking over Bono's amazing end!

HelloAngel said:
U2 sounds like they're having so much fun with this. You can feel their enthusiasm just dripping off of the instrumentation and vocalics. I can see their smiles and feel that this is so much more than band I fell in love with so long ago. :heart:

agreed, 200%. this doesnt sound at all 'forced', not that atyclb did to me, but this just sounds free to me, if you know what i mean. i dont even know if i know what i mean.

oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
oh me oh my !
.... have i died and gone to U2 Heaven?? this song kicks ass my friends!!!!!

ramblin rose said:
Wow, this sucks.

I'm at work, they have mp3's blocked I have a four hour meeting that starts at 2 and lasts until 6.

I have this fear that by the time I get home Universal would have done a sweep of all of the sites where I can download this from and I'll be the only person in the world who has to wait until it hits the radio tomorrow.

Don't you worry, so many of us have this song, one of us will send it to you for sure.
This song just has sooooooo much energy.... I can't wait for more!

Absolutely unbelievable. I really can't accurately describe my feelings of the song, which is mainly due to the fact I can't stay sitting in my chair long enough.

*hits play again*

ramblin rose said:
Wow, this sucks.

hopefully not but do you want an email? :)

It's not guitar driven....

It's being inside a guitar turned up to 11.

For the non-listeners - think drums like I Will Follow Pop Mart Version - Ramones Guitar with a liberal dose of the Edge sound mixed in - Adam pounding... maybe a little GnRish - Bono singing an Anthem.

I can feeeEEEEEELLLLLLL

All of this...
All of this can be yours
All of this...
All of this can be yours
All of this...
All of this can be yours

babyman said:
who else noticed adam's using a compressor on the bass?

Yeah, it has that distortred sound to it.

I must say Bono lived up to the hype about being a rocking song. It sounds live U2 Boy all over again with a touch of AB. I love the intro. U2 sounds fresh, ready, and rockin to take over the world again. These album and tour is going to be great.

I also like to add, once we get a A+ recording you'll really hear how rocking this song really is.

269 users reading this forum!! Cool.

Downloading the song...been waiting AGES for this!

wow, about 11 new pages popped up in this thread in the last 3 minutes. The song does rock, great concert opener. I can't wait for CD quality!

You know what? This song has an instant likeabilty to it, a lot of radio friendlyness. But the more you listen, the more you discover little bits and pieces, and you begin to realize that (like so much of their work) what seems like an efortless rock song is actually a rather complex a multy-layered piece of music.

We really need a better quality clip. It's going to be a lot of fun tearing this song apart.

PS - Those backing vocals by The Edge just crack me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom