MERGED-->I give you Vertigo + VERTIGO is here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nuke126, what is wrong with you?

These lyrics are actually quite good sounding. Just my opinion though I guess.

If you don't like it immediately because it's a new kind of U2, don't worry. It WILL grow on you!

nuke126 said:
wtf are you all smoking? i can't believe this. the lyrics suck and way he delivers the lines is no good. the music is very good, but the overall song doesn't deserve to be a single. maybe i just need to hear a better quality recording, but i'm embarressed for people to hear this on the radio and have them judge u2 by this song.

Dude, that's waaaay to fuckin critical. I think it's a terrific song, but I'm not overly ecstatic about it. I really don't care for the bkg vocal nonsense, but other than that, it's not a bad song.

I just logged in and it's taking forever to download Vertigo. It's worth the wait!

hey, it's not really the quality of the recording that makes it bad. if you listened to "with or without you" or any u2 hit in shit quality, you would still hear that it's a great song.

Not everyone has to love it. But man, after four years i sure am glad i'm loving it!! So much more alive than anything on ATYCLB.

adam - I've got the song on the ipod now and adam is amazing - damn
larry - understand why he is lookin' so ripped on the cover of blender - driving the song
Edge - GOD - could really go into it but GOD sums it up
Bono sounds sexier than ever - it has a erly/AB vibe to it- full of attitude

Live this song - religious event

So I've made a CD, Downloaded the song on a computer, laptop, and ipod - paranoid - you bet - a song 4 years in the waiting is not going to leave my grasp

I really like this song, but it's great because U2 rarely release the best songs as the 1st singles. I'm positive this ISN'T representative of the rest of the album in terms of sound or quality so don't worry. I don't love Discoteque, BD, or Numb (but they are decent or good songs)

Last edited:
I think maybe its just the relief of having the bloody thing...but this song is totally fantastic....its what my ears were made for :D

**cuts and pastes post from other thread**

Kick ass song! Very melodic. Everybody shines, especially Adam. I thought i'd be let down after all the hype, but the song rocks at first listen and then gets better on repeat.

And, yes, after the first listen my only complaint was Edge wusses out on the solo (just like in Beautiful Day)...woulda liked a Fly-like solo, but, hey, i'm not going to second guess U2 too much.

I love the backing track call-backs (i.e. "Hola" to the "Hello hellos", and then whatever Spanish word is said afterward).

Sets up the album perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom