MERGED-->I give you Vertigo + VERTIGO is here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this isnt the album version (version from the spanards)....the bridge is different and there is no power outage sound...this may be the single version

Its very driven by the bass and drums - its got a fantastic driving bassline which propels the whole song along. IMO they've gone for less is more and I can see why some people have said its like their earlier stuff - the arrangement seems more basic than before. The guitars are more rough than the "polished" sound on BD although the bridge is classic U2.

Rough and ready sums it up, especially the vocals, almost sounds like Bono is out of breath at a couple of points.

I like it, but I'm not sure how much yet. It doesn't sound quite like anything else U2 has done, which is good.

It's kind of like 'Elevation' with some 'Boy' elements in it. But the rhythm is all different too.

Last edited:
(Users Browsing this Forum: Mr_LeMon, ishkash, MadelynIris, Salome, Hoodlem, Headache in a Suitcase, riteshbhatt1, Mac Phisto, Dalton Brother, Peter, Foxxern, supermarket trolley, Marko, Stefan, MrBrau1, Tony, BEAL, xenx, zoopop, U2girl, Rockstar, jphelmet, Flying FuManchu, monro, Melon50, voxson, dwanderer, GibsonExplorer, U2SJ, KentK, Sterculius, Se7en, TooFree, Pop Artist, hibricc, U2Commie, ultraviolet353, Like someone to blame, brkngrrl, Hawkfire, ramblin rose, Popman, withashout, john1800, Ody, Jamador79, macfly, zabie, jvferrandiz, Bono's American Wife, U2 addict, Catman, usamilo, nuke126, mrmac, coriolis30, gorman, lew07, Nrp, maxpouliot, luckotheirish, Bonofide, beli, Soulrock2, goblues4427, t8thgr8, xidi, Schmeg, RademR, jamaicanrum20, danprieto, bigdaddy0944, dimis, djensen, ditte, Convoy, TheEdge1987, bredlo, Axver, Jack In The Box, markoajda, layla, Lara, ryanu23, bathiu, Sex Work Death, Maglazar_03, steak, larry_slo, babyman, spencr00, victor_f, nurse chrissi, edgeu22, tlt29, TheU2CelticRiff, Drive, Numb1075, Ucrink2, AaronMcKie, KEVIN51269, nicho, ElevatemeHere, Rapido, dabiggestu2fan, Tombola, radioskugga, MaxFisher, dmb3159, yoshjosh, Lucy3011, starsforu2, Theo, partygirl2u, adam3000, Anirban, VertiGone, artdirector, moreu2, flameandthefire, Lo-Fi, stammy, Cutters10C, burrowsb, Jaxx, SmileyGladhands, the dog, venk323, TomJones, saltlick, fregistration, josh82, dmahoney10, csimpok, Adam22, Buck, FlamingRudy, LemonAid, TheFlyOnTheWall, Screamin'Flower, elevation1, mathieu_cpfan, Miggy D, Juha, apuraja, pittTodd, Acrobatic, da-pope, theyoonaboramer, ascender_RS, Grandmaster jc, thebigidea, azraelsevaen, alexburatti, evilu2, Gaelicstormfan, seibu1, lukedaduke, Bernhard, gnagle2, matdark, fonf, Palace_Hero, flangerchorus, thenvox, tenacious c, zupercreep, The Sage)

:eek:

Fucking beyond the beyonds!!!

U2 has lit my fire again, but also cannot WAIT to hear this song in concert. So glad Edge is having a chance to riff hard. Loving the dirty guitar!!!! :edge: :up:

Can anyone put this song on Windows form. I can not listen to this song at work. or please find if there is link for Real Media song.

I think the album version has the power outage...I remember in the article they mention it

wtf are you all smoking? i can't believe this. the lyrics suck and way he delivers the lines is no good. the music is very good, but the overall song doesn't deserve to be a single. maybe i just need to hear a better quality recording, but i'm embarressed for people to hear this on the radio and have them judge u2 by this song.

After listening to this for about the millionth time, I just realised something - a few days ago, someone on here said that they thought the song would open with drums. Whoever that was...wonderful guess! Unless it wasn't a guess... :eyebrow:

Crap, i don't like this song at all. It's too happy, generic and unoriginal for me,not my style. what am i supposed to do , smile and say yeah ,u2 rocks!?? well , anyway i'll wait for the next single.

Last edited:
I do not have it Artdirector. If you can send in a non-mp3 so that I can listen to it at work. Like Real or Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom