MERGED-->I can HARDLY breathe + more reactions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

veghead

Princess
I can HARDLY breathe

Just heard Vertigo...not at all what I had expected!!!
It's so up-beat, so fresh and SO hot!!! I still have butterflies!!
This is too fantastic!!! And I want more...
Just when i thought they couldnt get any better....Vertigo!!

I wanna hear how you felt, the second after you heard it!

Yah, I was totally shocked too. I wasn't expecting the verse to sound how it did. It almost came across as a little "rappy" to me at first. Then after a few more listens, I warmed up immensely! I'm living this song! I've called about 5 people and played it for them over the phone already.

Thank the good Lord that they rediscovered Steve Lillywhite.

I can tell even from the poor quality of this clip that he really wanted to puch Adam and Larry back into the front.

Sounds more real rock and roll they've they've been in over a decade.

Eyes...tearing...up...

Ok, so I found some speakers at work and I was able to listen to Vertigo.

First time I heard it...for some reason it didn't hit me that much. Closed the media player.

Opened the player up again. Played it again.

Oh.

My.

God.

What happened with me the first time? Who cares, because the second time I heard this song...WOW. I love you, U2!

This is the song I've been waiting for from these guys. And this is why U2 is my favorite band in the world.

And my title isn't a joke. Once the first chorus came the second listen...my eyes teared up. Only for a second, but still. Was it because I've waited for this song for so long? Or is it because it's so friggin' great? Probably a combination.

And damn you friggin foreign guy, for speaking over the end. :)

-Mike

Oh. My. Fucking. GUH.

I've been listening to Vertigo on repeat since I downloaded it. I've gone from shaking to wanting to scream, to shaking my head, holding my hands in the air to singing a long and bopping in my chair. I want to crank it but since I'm at work I'll have to wait til I get in the car. Yes, I already have it on a CD. I can not wait two months til the album, or til Spring for the tour...I need U2 NOW! OMG GUH Edge guitar!

HELLO HELLO! I'M AT A PLACE CALLED VERTIGO!

With this song/album they are going to attract sooo many new fans. I can see the real young kids totally diggin it...the ones that are just gettin into the clash and all the old punk. I love that with each album, U2 calls on a different generation of fans...and now I think they are going to have everyone in the world, kissing the ground they walk on.

WOW!!!!

How cool is the verse, I wasn't expecting that, then it hits you, HELOO, HELOO!!!!!!

Bono howls like a m,adman on it too!!! i LOVE THE HOWLING!!!!!!! WOOOOOOAAAHHHH!!!!

I was shaking from the second I hit the link. Then someone AIMed me and I actually screamed out loud "DON'TBOTHERMEITSVERTIGOHANGON!!!!!!!!!!!" and hastily closed the window. And listened.

And I think Vertigo is a very appropriate name for it. Because yes, I am in a place called vertigo right about now.

I've only just turned it off to try to download the valencia one. GO, GO, GO!!!

I like it when the foreign guy says "Vetigo" before the song starts. Other than that it's not very good.

... just kidding. This is the rockingest song U2 has EVER done... it's just great. Like 80's U2 mixed with modern heavy metal or punk. Princess is right; this should attract a lot of new fans, especially kids who listen to "alternative" rock. This is so different than anything U2 has ever done before, yet so distinctly U2! Heavy bass, tight drums, tightest guitar riff EVER, and of course Bono sounds great... right now I'm just bowing to the whole band :bow: :bow: :bow: this song totally made my day, seriously... who cares if I prolly failed my Graduation Qualifying Exam, I heard the new U2 song!!! :D

Elvis said:
I love it so much I could lick the speakers.

or I was thinking even something more risque ! Absolutely awesome - this will be HUGE, the most immediate lead off track from a U2 album since WAR/NYD.

Mike

I love u2 and I have been listening to my little crappy spainish beach clip of vertigo for like a month now and I loved it. Now i have heard the real version and I hate it! Dont get me wrong I am insane about U2 but this song is not good for a first single. It sounds very very very overproduced and to be honest cheesey. Like they are trying a little to hard to be hip and it doesnt come across well. I know the rest of the album will be amazing but this single will not be a huge hit.

On the far from superior computer speakers this song was a great song - but when I loaded it into my ipod the layers of this song jumped out at me - it begs to be played on a superior piece of equipment (the ipod is the best I have). So get to a quality stero/mp3 player and crank this baby up to 11 - it's what u2 wants you to do with this friggin-ly amazing song:wink:

so THIS is how punk rock is made in Venus!!!!
I think once again they're 10years ahead!!
Just like Mofo, Pure Rock of the future.

It's Perfect, so much more than i expected,
so little room for improvement!

I think they should start the show off with Vertigo and then go into Happiness is a Warm Gun....I would lose my mind...

Last edited:
hello hello!!!!!

it's incredible! it's so much more rock and roll then BD was! I loveth it! I can't wait for the video now!

somebody needs to transcribe all the lyrics. cause I can only catch parts of it, but I really want to sing along. I like the line about "the boys play rock and roll."

This is such a powerful polemic against the naysayers who claim that U2 couldn't reinvent themselves again and yet stay true to thier unique sound. Those naysayers can bite my ass because I'm am most definetly in a place called Vertigo right now! :madspit: This single is wonderful---can you imagine how it's going to sound live?!

Back
Top Bottom