MERGED-->HTDAAB Amazon.com Sales Rank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is insane! In a good way. :wink:

Is the current music out there really that bad that an album 2 months away can near the top 20 in sales for an online store?

Or, are U2 just that good?

...yeah, they're good!:yes:

Last edited:
I've tracking this for a week now, (since the link went up). The highest it's been is 17, so it's actually dipped a bit.

It's strange though, cause it gives the sales rank (which has fluctuated between about 18 and 30 for the past week) next to the album on the album page, but they don't list it on the top sellers list? Not sure what that's all about.

maybe its not on that sellers list thing because it's only available for preorder right now...maybe? i dunno...

Well, it's definately killing everyone else who is so far on the list of albums being released the week of 23/11.

Gwen Stefani is @ #2 but her overall sales rank is 378.

It will be interesting to see what happens as other albums being released that week begin taking pre-orders.

it will also probably rise a bit once the vertigo video is released and more people get exposed to the new album

wow, i just noticed that REM's Around The Sun, due out in 2 days has a sales rank of 9. While, i'm sure HTDAAB will be alot higher by Nov. 20 or so, this is really impressive for an REM album, as their album sales tend to be much lower than our boys

the only problem is that i don't think a lot of girls proportionally buy albums on amazon compared to how many run out to the shops and get 'em. Still a very good sign, though.

I'll believe it's a good sign when similar numbers are reported the 2nd week of November. The music biz as far as I am concerned have lost the abilty to market songs and albums. They currently don't know s#@& on a shingle. :(

Back
Top Bottom