MERGED --> How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb-Official Album Title Thread + New Album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like the title and i will like the album itself even more because...uh, I love every u2 album and have never been dissapointed in the boys.

If people already hated U2 for being too political, after hearing the album title, they are REALLY going to hate U2. People would be getting very tired of Bono's\U2's preaching. Personally I love the title, but I don't think it would go down too well commercially.

I think I am coming around to like the title. I hope it suggest a sense of rocking urgency and emotional intensity in the music. I think the album will be political, but with a clever subtlety.

I really like it!
And I don't really care if somebody's gonna hate U2 for being too political. It's better to be too political than to be ignorant I'd say!

Viva U2!

I don't think it'll be a political album, I think the message behind the title will be to care for each other and songs of hope. That seems a much more U2 way of approaching the title. Seems to obvious to sing political songs with a title like that.

The title has grown on me, I think the theme's behind the album could be very good indeed. And, just a title it makes you sit up and read it. I don't give a shit about it appealling to a mainstream audience, U2 shouldn't dilute their art for the mainstream, it wasn't about that before and it shouldn't be like that now.

That's also what I was referring to, the messages of love and peace. We get the point by now. Personally, I, and I'm sure many of you are bored by these constant recurring themes of love and peace etc. Just bring on the rock and roll, we get it by now!

AussieU2fanman said:
That's also what I was referring to, the messages of love and peace. We get the point by now. Personally, I, and I'm sure many of you are bored by these constant recurring themes of love and peace etc. Just bring on the rock and roll, we get it by now!

I agree. Love is a good message, but honestly, I hear it EVERYWHERE, especially in music. Too much of anything is annoying, and if the theme of this album is "We just need to loooove one another!!" I'll be annoyed, same as a ton of other people.

AussieU2fanman said:

I was watching the Boston DVD on tv yesterday and when The Fly came on it totally filled the whole arena up something songs like Stuck just didn't do, i hope and wish they have rock and roll songs like The Fly that would make this album awesome for me. :)

shart1780 said:

I agree. Love is a good message, but honestly, I hear it EVERYWHERE, especially in music. Too much of anything is annoying, and if the theme of this album is "We just need to loooove one another!!" I'll be annoyed, same as a ton of other people.

You might hear about love everywhere...but where do you SEE it? Maybe that's thier point.
We live in a world where there is enough food to feed everyone, and yet there are those that go hungry. We live in a world that has the technology and the medicine to end pandemic such as AIDS, and yet if you were born in the wrong country you are denied. I don't see love everywhere and I'm sure you don't either...and I think that's thier motivation.

starsgoblue said:

You might hear about love everywhere...but where do you SEE it? Maybe that's thier point.
We live in a world where there is enough food to feed everyone, and yet there are those that go hungry. We live in a world that has the technology and the medicine to end pandemic such as AIDS, and yet if you were born in the wrong country you are denied. I don't see love everywhere and I'm sure you don't either...and I think that's thier motivation.

Are you saying that U2 is gonna give out free albums to the poor? And we are paying full price like a bunch of suckers. YOU WANT THE SHIRT OFF MY BACK TOO?!

Maybe it's just an instruction manual.

If the album was called 'how to vote' then I could understand the people saying 'oh oh here's the political U2 again' but not from HTDAAB.

Man, with a title like this, the album will be political. I need to hear some Bono rants, I want another Bullet or SBS. The album can go so many ways, but I don't think we're gonna get some sappy business about simply loving one another. Besides, when U2 do that, they do it well (One), it wouldn't be typical if they did give us that. They usually handle this issue with more complexity than most bands, which is what makes them so great!

I am sure the album will be round and touch on many themes.

Last edited:
EvolutionMonkey said:

I was watching the Boston DVD on tv yesterday and when The Fly came on it totally filled the whole arena up something songs like Stuck just didn't do, i hope and wish they have rock and roll songs like The Fly that would make this album awesome for me. :)

Totally agree!

AussieU2fanman said:
If people already hated U2 for being too political, after hearing the album title, they are REALLY going to hate U2. People would be getting very tired of Bono's\U2's preaching. Personally I love the title, but I don't think it would go down too well commercially.

It just hapens to me that one of the reasons I love U2 is because they ARE political, and i am so glad that they are not hiding that.

About your commercial concern, that makes me love them even more, because I feel that with this title they are more worried in having something to say no matter how much it sells, instead of sayng nothing and sell safely millions and millions.

Hail to HTDAAB

Nono, believe me they do care how much it sells. They care much more how it sells than what they 'say' in their album. Look at the fucking formats they are releasing the single in let alone the album! Four different versions to squeeze us all for all we have! (Not me, personally I don't give a shit how many formats\verisons there are ill buy them all the second they come out). It's commercial art, sure their is quite a lot in genuinity in their music, but they still mould their music so it's very commercial. What I wish they would do is stop preaching, they are just gonna be repeating themselves I believe, even though Bono said they never would, I can feel it coming. They can still be very artistic without selling themselves out.

GO VERTIGO GO!!

bedouin fire said:

... and do you like a band like that?

yeh, U2. If I was wrong, tonight I might head over the local pub to see this nobody band perform.
You can still be commercial while being artistic, it's just that how much a record sells and how appealing it is, is a number one priority. If not, it's just stupid economics and obviously the label wouldn't up with it. This topic is going on a bit of a tangent, let's try to revert back to what is at hand.

Don't worry man, it will sell a lot anyhow, no matter what they 'say'. Also I think that saying something can be a good marketing move, comparing to the empty contentless shit that we have nowadays in the mainstream, people will like to see a record with an idea behind it.

Going back to the topic, it's a great, great title... and big as well.

Love & Peace (or else)

AussieU2fanman said:

No, you don't get it!
Just because you live in Australia doesn't mean that every country in the world is as peaceful and quiet like yours. AIDS is about to wipe out African continent there are wars waging all over the planet. Try to put yourself in shoes of some less fortunate people and maybe then you'll get it!
That's why I like U2, they don't sing about sappy kind of love like some sell-outs do, they sing about love between all human beings in every corner of this planet.

I was just of the early expectations that this album will be a monster like everyone reported. I was really looking forward to a pure rock and roll album.

GO VERTIGO GO!!

vivaSA said:

No, you don't get it!
Just because you live in Australia doesn't mean that every country in the world is as peaceful and quiet like yours. AIDS is about to wipe out African continent there are wars waging all over the planet. Try to put yourself in shoes of some less fortunate people and maybe then you'll get it!
That's why I like U2, they don't sing about sappy kind of love like some sell-outs do, they sing about love between all human beings in every corner of this planet.

Umm, I think you missed my point. I'm not saying that AIDS and all the other bullshit is irrelevant! I'm just saying that U2 shouldn't keep repeating similar messages in their music because people are getting really tired of it, and I'm sad to say I am too. Singing about peace and love etc. isn't going to do ANYTHING. It might be tempoarily inspirational to a futile action towards justice, but in the end, nothing will happen as a result of music. War will always be there, accept it, AIDS isn't going to be solved anytime soon by the looks of it, and music isn't going to help. People will always die. Stop trying to change the way the world spins. Anyway, I don't want U2 repeating the same boring messages. Sing about goats or something. Aren't they cool!?

GO VERTIGO GO!!

Last edited:
' Same boring messages'...nice one Aussie. Did you really think that the last 25 years of albums have just been about love and peace? Tosser.

U2 hasn't been all about love and peace their whole career obviously. I just hope they don't do a repeat of ATYCLB with the preachy type music which they have already done, ie. Peace on earth, When I look at the world. I don't recall saying their WHOLE career has been about JUST love and peace. TOSSER

When I look at the World!?..preachy?? You're gonna tell me Elevation is about a mole next. Cool as goats maybe?

Back
Top Bottom