MERGED ----> Hillary's Clinton's Campaign Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Round 2: pick Hillary's campaign song - Beautiful Day advances

"Vote, baby!" - Zoo TV

...Hillary Clinton is letting supporters pick her campaign song, through an online vote. First round was last week, and now they're onto round 2.

City of Blinding Lights didn't make the first cut, but Beautiful Day did.

Here's where you can vote for U2 (or a different song)

Video from Hillary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LClOHUFUC5g&eurl=http://hillaryhub.com/

Voting page:
http://www.hillaryclinton.com/action/spotlight/?sc=8

You don't know how proud I am as a U2 fan to see Beautiful Day up there with classics by Shania and Celine Dion. :up:

Isn't it true that My Heart Will Go On (or whatever, the theme from Titanic) was recorded in one take? I had heard that she flew in to NY or something, recorded it and then tried subsequent takes all of which paled in comparison to the first one, so they went with it.

I frickin love that song..not a huge Celine fan per se but that song just sends chills down my spine..

Well, James Horner composed the music for My Heart Will Go On, so it has a silver lining somewhere in there :shrug:

Dang, I thought you were bringing up My Heart Will Go On because it was on the poll!

I was going to say "Dang, what an inapporpriate song. It'd be like someone picking that for their wedding song, ignoring the fact that it's about Leo DiCaprio all frozen and dead at the bottom of the ocean."

corianderstem said:
"ignoring the fact that it's about Leo DiCaprio all frozen and dead at the bottom of the ocean."
That was the best part of the movie :up:

-
vba3656va9.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:
Why isn't Darth Vader's Imperial March one of the choices?

No kidding.

Since Beautiful Day is a song about someone who loses everything, hopefully Mrs. Bill Clinton will find that to ring true.

2861U2 said:

No kidding.

Since Beautiful Day is a song about someone who loses everything, hopefully Mrs. Bill Clinton will find that to ring true.

"The heart is a bloom / shoots up through the stony ground" is the perfect lyric for a battered world superpower, starting a new era, with the person who would be the most powerful woman in the history of the planet, leading the way.

You need a huge song for an idea that huge.

LyricalDrug said:

"The heart is a bloom / shoots up through the stony ground" is the perfect lyric for a battered world superpower, starting a new era, with the person who would be the most powerful woman in the history of the planet, leading the way.

You need a huge song for an idea that huge.

"But there's no room
No space to rent in this town"

:wink:

:lmao:

I'm still undecided about Hillary. Truthfully, I've had too much going on lately to give much thought to who will be getting my vote in the primary.

I do know for sure that I'd hate to see a U2 song used in a political campaign--any candidate, any party, any country. I'm still getting over the iPod commercial. If BD does get chosen, at least it's a U2 song I don't particularly like. I think after awhile it will be annoying to hear it everywhere, though, even if you do like it.

Chizip said:

"But there's no room
No space to rent in this town"

Thanks to the subprime loans and predatory lending scandals that plagued the Bush era, foreclosures are on the rise, and the home sales slowdown has put a strain on the rental market. Therefore, we need to vote for Hillary.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I do know for sure that I'd hate to see a U2 song used in a political campaign--any candidate, any party, any country. I'm still getting over the iPod commercial. If BD does get chosen, at least it's a U2 song I don't particularly like. I think after awhile it will be annoying to hear it everywhere, though, even if you do like it.

This begs the question, how do you feel about parts of a Clinton political campaign being used in a U2 song? :)

Yes, it's actually happened. Remember on the last tour, when Bono added a lyric to "One" -- "There's no them / there's only us"? That was Bill Clinton's famous line from his 1992 speech at the Democratic convention in New York. Clinton has called it his favorite line, of all his speeches. Bono samples it all the time.

Trippy huh!

hill hill has been my senator for quite a few years now... still trying to figure out exactly what she's done for new york other than prepare herself for her inevitable run for president :scratch:

not saying she'd be a bad president... just saying i've yet to see her do anything other than raise money and talk like the martians from mars attacks!

ack ack ack

LyricalDrug said:

This begs the question, how do you feel about parts of a Clinton political campaign being used in a U2 song? :)

Yes, it's actually happened. Remember on the last tour, when Bono added a lyric to "One" -- "There's no them / there's only us"? That was Bill Clinton's famous line from his 1992 speech at the Democratic convention in New York. Clinton has called it his favorite line, of all his speeches. Bono samples it all the time.

Trippy huh!

That's funny because Bono has been using that line since the early 80's. In interviews from the very beginnings of the band he would talk about how other artists saw the music industry as an enemy but for U2 there was no them (he even spelled it out for one interviewer) N0 N-O not K-N-O-W them only US.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom