MERGED-->High Quality HTDAAB Files

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
VBR (Very High Quality) HTDAAB Full Album

for VBR quality version of HTDAAB go to http://oink.me.uk/ and sign up and download the HTDAAB torrent from the browse section (search for it in the rock music, the name should be "U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb [2004/MP3/208kbps VBR]" without the quotes) and then you should be able to grab the album using BitTorrent to download the torrent file as long as you are signed into the OiNK website

Windows Media Player 10 already has the album entries in its online directory so it downloaded the album art for me, kinda cool :)

DISCLAIMER: Only for people who are planning to buy the album :)

Last edited:
Apparently they've reached their user limit. If anyone else knows of a place to get a higher quality copy, let me know. Mine is only 128.

I'll yousendit... but it will probably go down within a minute.. hold your horses :)

i think he's uploading a zip/rar file with the vbr mp3's to yousendit because the torrent group with the files has reached its user limit...

yes... parts of the song (even if for a fraction of a second) that have a smaller range of frequences are encoded at a lower bitrate ... while the more loaded portions are in higher bitrates. most songs that are professional produced have a clear/rigid division of frequences and intensity ... therefore it is a very efficient way of keeping the size of the files low while keeping the quality high.

You CAN log in to the website at the beginning of this thread and signup. You may just need to refresh several times if too many users are logged in.

However, it appears as if these MAY be the exact same files as have already been uploaded????

If you are able to log in, grab the torrent, and download, can anyone who understands VBR post and say if these are different???

It would be appreciated.

VBR (Very High Quality) HTDAAB Full Album

hey - I'm still figuring out media player 10. Explain exactly how you used media player to download the album art work? Many thanks.

Re: VBR (Very High Quality) HTDAAB Full Album

mhowells said:
hey - I'm still figuring out media player 10. Explain exactly how you used media player to download the album art work? Many thanks.

it should be automatic. do you have crazy lines going to the beat of the music? right click on that and choose "album art" for the visualization.

discothequeLP said:

actually, i think this will work for anyone! can someone confirm this please?

originally when I tried to use it it said bad tracker info, then it said go to the oink website, and then as soon as i signed up and logged in it started to download

High quality full album zip file PLEASE post here

I need this one so badly. I downloaded the lower quality files but they're not good enough for CD playback.

I got to 99% on another file and then it just stopped. Please anyone?

Hello everyone, thank you very much Dandy, for the songs.
However, can anyone help me out with Miracle Drug, that is the only high quality MP3 I'm missing... and the link the didn't work for me. Thank you!

- Nicholas

Back
Top Bottom