MERGED ----> Heard U2 today? Where were U? + blew my mind!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Heard U2 today? Where were U?

I thought it would be interesting to say where and what song you heard during the day.

Plus.....I was bored.

I heard:
Vertigo

food shopping in Stop & Shop and got really happy fast.

In a public place, it was friday near a newsstand. I heard only the intro to Out of Control, they turned it off :mad: But listen to U2 every day when I get home from school, today I heard Mysterious Ways, One, City of Blinding Lights, Love and Peace or Else, Elevation and some others :)

Last edited:
didn't hear anything til I got home and then it was Gloria from one of my cds. I know I'm totally warped cos every time I'm out in public and I hear a U2 song, I stop what I'm doing and find an excuse to loiter around the speaker system...I am such an arse! Still, I don't care. I'm happy...;)

yesterday, hopped in my car, kind of in a down mood, and turn on the radio. They're just starting the song "Until the End of the World"! Hadn't heard that on the radio since forever it seemed. Well, there went my blues! :wink:

last wednesday, at PE... we were doing baseball, and since I was in the loser team I had to pitch(no I can do that!) and suddenly Vertigo came on the radio..... daaaaamn I suddenly threw all balls wrong... >< the distraction and desire to become hyperactive was tooooo much!

Vertigo and All Because Of You was played really LOUD at the fa cup final womens (millwall stadium). arsenal vs leeds. Last monday

I've just been downloading The Letterman show from, i think 2001, where U2 performed New York and Stuck in a Moment. Ya know, the screen cap from the miscellaneous picture thread! :wink: Here's a screen cap I took, to jog peoples memories!!

Letterman3.png

:drool:

Out on my morning walk/jog, I have my MP3 player on shuffle. Heard "ISHFWILF" (Rattle and Hum version with gospel choir), on the way into the house it started "Streets" -- so I stopped the player so I can start out with that one next time!

Driving 2 friends to a hotel, "ISHWFILF" was on the radio. Niiiice ...

Post Office Guy was singing "Beautiful Day" when I went in to mail some stuff this afternoon. Does that count?

I was lying on the couch while my boyfriend listened to an e-book on his iPod, and when the chapter ended, he stuck one of the earbuds in my ear, because next up was "Beautiful Day."

As I scanned through my satellite channels, I hit upon "Crumbs From Your Table", "Babyface" and "Twilight" all within a half hour of each other.

I was watching ESPN and heard City of Blinding Lights on the commercial for the World Cup which includes Bono on voice over.

This morning just as I pulled into the parking lot at work, All I Want Is You on Sirius satellite radio. Of course I sat in my car and listened to the whole song. I got into my office 10 minutes late.

Just now well snipet of City of Building Lights while Bono does a voice over for soccor it was ESPN, BF was watching SportsCenter. I normally listen to U2 on the way and back from work, it keeps me sane. This past weekend had the house to myself, it was all of Acthung Baby, HTYCLB, and HTDAAB. If am in public, am an idoit, I just get really still realize who its and just Grin really big. And then telll everyone am with, guess who that is? And sometimes I sing, which am a horrible singer. :|

honeychild4u2 said:
Just now well snipet of City of Building Lights while Bono does a voice over for soccor it was ESPN, BF was watching SportsCenter.|

I saw that I as well and thought it was his voice. I knew it was U2 in the back....

I was at the Equality Forum in Philly yesterday and they had Walk On blasting. :)

I was talking to someone at the office where I freelance, and Gloria came on the radio. We smiled at each other and I said, "I know that band" and she said "we both do." (She saw a couple of concerts last year too.)

Back
Top Bottom