MERGED ----> Heard U2 today? Where were U? + blew my mind!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a satellite radio station playing at work & I get to hear Walk On , Bad & Sweetest Thing. I hear them everyday- can't say that my cowrokers really enjoy it when I start singing!

i was super surprised to hear 'spanish eyes' when i was at a place in austin called 'freebirds' burrito place with my youth group..i hushed everyone and said 'THIS IS A U2 SONG!!!'

nightninja56 said:
i was super surprised to hear 'spanish eyes' when i was at a place in austin called 'freebirds' burrito place with my youth group..i hushed everyone and said 'THIS IS A U2 SONG!!!'

:laugh: Thats something that I would do!

Man, I must not be going to the right places. The only songs I ever hear on the radio or in stores anymore are Beautiful Day, OOTS, maybe Sometimes, and Streets once.

I was sitting on my deck in the backyard one warm night and in the distance I heard Mysterious Ways coming from somewhere. It actually was a little strange. :ohmy:

JCOSTER said:
I was sitting on my deck in the backyard one warm night and in the distance I heard Mysterious Ways coming from somewhere. It actually was a little strange. :ohmy:

eerie...

Over the weekend I heard HMTMKMKM at the Navy Pier in Chicago and LAPOE at the conclusion of a sea mammal show. Talk about bizarre locales for hearing your favorite band.

I also heard "The Sweetest Thing" on the way home tonight:drool:

We were driving home the other night, talking about how amazing Streets must sound live... when what comes on on the radio, but Streets. I love it when that happens.

Also they played OOTS in Zellers the other day. It seems everytime I go to the Zellers in that town, they almost always play U2.

This morning...a live version of SYCMIOYO...it came on my Bose i-Pod player while I was blasting it in the shower.

When I got a haircut I heard 'One' at the barber's...

And now I'm hearing 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' on the radio while surfing through Interference :yes:

Heard The Fly on the radio. It's the first time I have EVER heard that on the radio. :dance:

Among the mostly awful mix of music that plays everyday at the store where I work, there are a few U2 songs.

Original of the Species, Pride, Walk On and With or Without You play at least once daily. Those are the best moments of my day, heh.

my friend has had stuck in a moment "stuck" (haha pun) in his head all day and keeps telling me about it! its funny

my master plan is nearly complete

its funny

no really

I was driving to lunch with a friend I haven't seen in at least 5 years.....and Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses came on. This friend I have known since I was 11 was like Oh god there goes that radar again, some things never change :uhoh:

Today after filling up my gas tank, I went inside Kwik Trip to pay and get some fuel injector cleaner and Stuck in a Moment was playing...

This is actually last night, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I was watching VH1 Classic and they showed the video for The Unforgettable Fire.

when i was in greece , i was around the pool and with or without you was played on the radio.

That made my day

Today, at work I was listening to someone elses cd player and heard "bullet the blue sky" and closed a deal just because of the "peeling off those dollar bills" part of the song. Not ours mind you but the company he was going to go with. I'm bringing my cd player tomorrow actually today..
I love my new job...:wink:

Last week on Friday evening I walked into the Safeway to ATM some money and City of Blinding Lights started playing.

Yesterday I walked into the Blockbuster and they showed the Elevation video on their TV's.

Heard Bad first thing this morning on the car radio when turning the engine over to go to a very scarey doctor's appointment I was dreading.
I took that as a good omen, listening to Bono's voice is ALWAYS good!! And oh ya, the appt./procedure went fine. :)
Another time when I was being shuffled from point to point for a series of medical tests, I was so terrified to have an ultrasound done because of the immediate diagnosis, but right before I went in to the office, BEAUTIFUL DAY came on and I knew the test result was going to be A-OK!! And it was. No cancer!! Thank God!! I really think that God was winking at me and ofcourse using U2 as the perfect vehicle. :dancing:
J

Back
Top Bottom