MERGED--> Has anyone in the U.S. found E.Storm single? + why I'm ticked + any in B&M?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
Has anyone in the U.S. found E.Storm single today yet?

The release date is October 21 right? I've checked a couple of record stores and Best Buy today and I did not find it. Is it going to be released in the U.S.?

Even tho the release date is today, Tuesday is new music release day so I doubt you can find it before tomorrow.

but you never know!

You can pre order The Best of on Bestbuy.com tho, for 19.99 with free shipping right now!!

:p

Re: Has anyone in the U.S. found E.Storm single today yet?

salty72 said:
The release date is October 21 right? I've checked a couple of record stores and Best Buy today and I did not find it. Is it going to be released in the U.S.?

I've been told the the release date in the US is always on a Tuesday, whereas in the rest of the world it is on Monday. So, I would go look for it tomorrow.

Grrrr

I preordered it from CDNOW and they say it is on backorder! I have no idea when I'll get it. What is the point of a preorder if it will be late? Netx time I'll just go to Best Buy or something.

Re: Re: Has anyone in the U.S. found E.Storm single today yet?

U2Lynne said:

I've been told the the release date in the US is always on a Tuesday, whereas in the rest of the world it is on Monday. So, I would go look for it tomorrow.

We Americans are always screwed up, aren't we? TUESDAY??? :shrug:

The guy at my music store said that because it is an import, they will not recieve it until the end of the week. I was disapointed.

I called the Virgin Megastore in Costa Mesa today and was told that none of their stores had it in yet and it wouldn't be in until probably next week. Bummer! And I am on back order from CD Now, have no idea what is up with that since I placed my order like two months ago.
And the Tower in Brea said it will be in next week as well.
As God is my witness, though, I will have that limited edition single!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for shopping with CDNOW. Please keep this email invoice for
your records.

On October 21 we shipped your order number 4278529 for the following item:

U2 : Electrical Storm Pt.1 (Limited Edition)
Format: CD Quantity: 1 Price: 10.99

Most orders arrive within 4-8 business days.

:heart:

Stupid question:
I'm sort of confused. What is the DVD single at BestBuy for $19.99?
I assumed they were talking about Best Of but they advertise it as just Electrical Storm.

What is the deal with that?

yesterday, I bought the dvd single...
for 3.99

now I need a dvd player

is there another single coming out that I can actualy play on my stereo?

yippee

I just got my Electrical Storm Pt. 1 (Limited edition) from CD Now
Haven't even played it yet.

It looks like a Canadian release
Track 1- Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
Track 2 - New York (Nice Mix)
Track 3 - New York (Nasty Mix)

The cover is silver and black with all the guys on the front. Looks like they are in a train car or something. Everyone is looking at the camera except Bono. He's lloing out the window.

I'm so excited!

ES CD Single and why I am so ticked at Interscope

I really don't understand record companies. I mean they always complain about file sharing and then they constantly drop the ball whe it comes to giving the fans what they want. The ES single should have been out a month ago. Instead they decide to put it out 2 weeks before the release of the Best of. This makes no sense. There is no new material on the CD singles except for the remixes (of which only the Nice Mix IMO is worth geting). I already have the DVD audio ripped in high quality from the DVD that I already own. So why not wait two weeks to get the best of and get both versions of ES and avoid spending $20 for the singles (the two singles together cost more than the Deluxe 3 disc set of the Best of). On top of that, I am such a die hard that I still went to Tower and Virgin yesterday (I live in Los Angeles) to find the CD Single, and neither store had a copy and said they would get it next week. So now it is a question of spending $20 on two singles that have the same material that I can get 6 days later. And as for the Nice Mix--I like it but I'd rather not spend $10 for one song. In addition, this whole "import" racket where they charge $10 for a disc that has an Import sticker on it. Mind you this has nothing to do with U2 but it bothers me even more when this nonsense crosses over into a band who's music I love. Please don't get mad at me, but I am thinking of not buying the CD single after this. I own every official release of U2 material, so this would be a first, but I am really upset about this. And don't even get me started on the fact that they still haven't releaesed the older video catalogue on DVD...

Re: ES CD Single and why I am so ticked at Interscope

ultraviolet353 said:
I am thinking of not buying the CD single after this. I own every official release of U2 material, so this would be a first, but I am really upset about this.

If you can hold out, I say go for it. Don't buy it. Money talks, and record companies only care about money. If enough people talk with their wallets, sooner or later the record companies will have to listen.

Me, I'm not so strong. I've ordered the the one ES single I want from Soundworld in Oz. It should arrive any day now.

I've been in Dublin since last Thursday, and its been on display and on sale since I got here, both versions and the DVD for about 6 Euro each.

are there any B&M stores in the U.S. that have the new ES single now?

I live in Los Angeles, and I went to Tower Recrords and Virgin and neither had it. Anybody able to get it i the U.S. in a brick & mortar store. I understand that it is available at CDNOW and amazon, but I can't find it in stores and it was supposed to be released on 10/21???

Well, here i sit on 10/24 with no ES. Being the diehard that I am i went to 4 diff stores today in search of something! Now, I live in Ohio so I figured searching early in the week would be a mistake. Not only did I not find it today but Best Buy and Circuit City claimed they are no longer carrying cd singles!!??!? What is that about? Finally talked to a guy at Borders who says its on order and since its a import it would be in "anytime". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:scream: :scream: :scream:

I could be wrong, but I think maybe they're not releasing the single here???

Why else would the stores say they wont get it in till later because it's an import! That just doesn't make sense.

I live in LA and went to best buy and they have a very limited selection of CD singles and don't order many new ones.

ALso, Tower and Wherehouse didn't have it either. :madspit:

So, I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk, and it's there for 3.99 GBP, so that's like $6.50 USD. CHEAP! !!

I don't care if i have to wait at week or two for it to get here. It's not like I've never heard the song before :huh:

Come up to Canada and get the singles. It is so much cheaper. $5.99 CDN. Even the DVD was only 9.99 CDN! That's only 2 bucks for you eh? ;)

By the way, in Canada CD2 with the live tracks is out this Tuesday (Oct.29th). How do I know? I am picking up mine today from my local shop which happens to be run by my buddy. :D Orders always come in the Friday before Tuesday. I can expect the Best Of on Nov.1st.

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! I am bored at work and just called like every record store in the yellow pages....and I found the ES single at a store in Sunnyvale (for any of you Bay Area fans!) its at Compact Disc Warehouse! Even though it is about 30 minutes from my house, I will be on my way there straight from work! I can't wait!:yes: What a great weekend treat!:happy:

I am happy :D cuz I just got home with my new ES single....but I think they may have ripped me off? It was 9.99 plus tax and when I got in the car I noticed this sticker on the cover that sais "Includes 2 mixes of New York, This cd fits into CD2 to complete the package"
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Anyone? Was there supposed to be a 2nd disc? Maybe with another version? Wierd. :huh:

I bought Electrical Storm at Tower in Tustin, Calif. today for $7.99. It was the only copy and was mixed in with all the other singles, I totally looked past it at first, thinking to myself, "Oh, they have a new picture on the Beautiful Day" cover but then I realized what it was a grabbed it. This version has Bad/40/Streets as B sides.

I also got the new Q with U2 on the cover. Damn this is a great day!!! Crossing fingers that the version I bought from CDNow will come soon as well as my Irish postage stamps.

Boy, I guess I should be glad I was in Ireland when the single was released. I haven't seen it anywhere in Seattle yet...

I've been avoiding going out to buy it but looks like nowhere is going to have it according to my fellow Los Angelenos. How bout the Tower on Sunset or in Glendale? Are they really chargin it as an import and if they are, yeah that is totally lame and I'll just enjoy my burned mp3 version of the song (yeah screw you Interscope) until the Best of CD comes out.

Back
Top Bottom