MERGED-->Has anyone heard SYCMIOYO radio edit yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would prefer if it wasnt edited at all but thats the world of radio these days.

the radio edits i have been hearing over Australian radio have the very best part of the song cut out. I was literally in a state of shock (not literally! :wink:) when they edited out the 'SIIIIIIINNNGGGG, you're the reason I sing, you're the reason why the opera is in me. Hey now, still got to let you know, a house doesn't make it a home, dont leave me here alone.' They went straight from the 'Can you hear me when I' to the chorus 'sometimes you cant make it on your own,' and then the song ended. They completely ruined the song. They edited out the best part where the song takes off. :mad:

o_O

that's not... true... is it...???

that line is quite possibly the defining point of the whole bloody album O_O

funny. i heard it this morning on the radio, presented as the new single from htdaab, and they played the entire song. Probably they were playing it from the album.

they can't edit out the 'can you hear me when i sing' line--that's the whole point of the song. why would anyone even think to do that?! :confused:

radio edits :mad:

AussieU2fanman said:
the radio edits i have been hearing over Australian radio have the very best part of the song cut out. I was literally in a state of shock (not literally! :wink:) when they edited out the 'SIIIIIIINNNGGGG, you're the reason I sing, you're the reason why the opera is in me. Hey now, still got to let you know, a house doesn't make it a home, dont leave me here alone.' They went straight from the 'Can you hear me when I' to the chorus 'sometimes you cant make it on your own,' and then the song ended. They completely ruined the song. They edited out the best part where the song takes off. :mad:

that doesn't even make sense... they went straight from Can you here me when I" to "sometimes you can't make it on your own?"

that's stupid... that's obviously some hack job done by the radio station and not an officialy edit. perhaps the CD skipped.

It's more like...

"Can you hear me when it's you when I look in the mirror..."

Probably so Bono doesn't have to sing that high note at every show on the tour. Speaking of which, does anyone else find it weird that they are already on single two when the tour hasn't even been started yet?

they have been playing it on virgin radio for about 2 weeks and it is currently the 2nd most requested song and it is the full version!

sometimes radio edit?

i have noticed that sometimes is ready for radio release at any moment but i also see that it says 'sometimes you can't make it on your own' (RADIO EDIT) anyone heard it? and if yes what bit have they cut off? if anyone out there has it please share it!

Thats weird. In Sydney I heard the song 4 times today. Twice Each on Nova and Tripple M. The two top rating fm stations and they played the entire album version.

well on the offical cd single it does say RADIO EDIT and the song is 4.42 mins long

Murray said:
Probably so Bono doesn't have to sing that high note at every show on the tour. Speaking of which, does anyone else find it weird that they are already on single two when the tour hasn't even been started yet?

No. When there is such a time between the album release it is not uncommon to release 2 or more singles before the tour starts.
Before the Elevation Tour started both Beautiful Day and Stuck... (or Walk On if you lived in North-America) were already released.
Before the ZooTV Tour started, both The Fly and Mysterious Ways were already released and shortly after the start of the tour U2 released One.
Before the Lovetown Tour started all the singles were already released (although they did hold back on the Australian release date of All I Want Is You to coincide with the tour). Of course, there was almost one year between the release of the album and the start of the tour, instead of the three to four months in the cases cited above.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom