MERGED -->Grammy footage + Grammy's transcript? + U2 at the 47th Grammys 2005 - Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Alan!

I'm downloading now but I have to leave for work. Got to wait til this afternoon til I can see it. Aghh! :angry:

Re: Sometimes You Can Watch It On Your Own...

Sken said:
for those that missed the grammys.

speed slow, be gentle :)

f t p://U2:U2@220.245.160.238

Cheers
Sken

I'm really dumb and don't know what this is. :scratch:
Please help me! I only was able to see the Sometimes performance.:sad:

Hi macphistofreak,

The file on the ftp is only the Sometimes performance, nothing else. If you do want to grab it you will need to download a program such as flashfxp or bulletproof ftp to download it.

Hope this helps.

Sken

U2
2005 Grammy Awards
2005-02-13
Sometimes you cant make it on your own

HDTV DVDR - fen
(269.5 MB - NTSC MPEG-2 720x480 16:9 29.97FPS, 384kbps Dolby 5.1)

This is the best recording of the Grammy performance period. I can only dream of HDTV. :drool:

Visit this gem of a site called Must suck.

Here's a sample.

PDVD_007.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Alan for putting that up!
I'd seen the "Sometimes.." performance, but not the acceptance speech...Bono seemed so genuinely surprised and pleased to get the award in the context of the competition.

And though I'd read the transcript of Larry's comments, seeing him speak them ( and the little consult with Edge before he went on to do it) kinda blew me away. I'd never thought the lads would be indifferent to the whole ticket mess, much less somehow accessory to it, but my my Larry's expression in that forum I would think left no doubt that they *hated* what happened and really do care about their audiences.
It seemed so terribly dire when he spoke of their thinking they'd not be able to play live the rest of the year. It really felt painful to me...I sure hope they ultimately feel comfortable with their decision to go ahead with the tour. Agonizing over deciding to do it, then worrying about fans feeling pissy/cheated/suspicious, and then the possible reasons for not wanting to tour...
Vertigo totally deserved the award (mother of all rock songs:wink: ), and given all that I was extra glad that they got to go home with the little gramophones...

cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom