MERGED-->Gangs of New York video + Hands video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the link :)

I am shocked if this is the actual video - the in-studio video that's on the Best Of was cool to have, but I can't believe they would actually use the vocals from that take for the mainstream video - it's the WORST of the 3 out there, you know I love B but he is soooooo flat at the end of "on the spray of the new land star" and the word 'early' when he sings "it's early fall" - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me :no:

Anybody who's seen the movie - the shot of someone on the bridge who tosses the Bible in the water - is that from the movie? Wondering about it's significance.....

Last edited:
Re: Hands video

Headache in a Suitcase said:
U2Log.com's got a link to the video for The Hands That Built America... cool video, but woulda liked to see, or hear, rather, the soundtrack mix used... ah but what the hey.

I'm confused, so which mix is which? the soundtrack one is the one released on the best of?

thanks, :)
Olive

Olive-
There is the version from the soundtrack that is actaully on the Gangs Sdtk that is in stores (but be warned the rest of the cd blows chunks), the version from the Best Of dvd, and the version from the Best Of cd.

Thanks for clearing up the video confusion BLS! I wasn't sure which video was on the best of (which I just got and :heart:).

bonosloveslave said:

Anybody who's seen the movie - the shot of someone on the bridge who tosses the Bible in the water - is that from the movie? Wondering about it's significance.....

Leonardo Dicaprio's character throws the Bible into the water. It's one of the first shots we see of him as a grown up, and a priest has just given him the Bible (I think he responds with a "fuck off") and then tosses it over the bridge into the water. If you have seen the movie you'll understand the animosity he feels- and it's not exactly toward the church, but toward one of the sects under Christianity that was trying to run the town and had, when he was a child, done him harm. Hope that makes sense!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the closing scene of gangs, where they finally use Hands in the movie, is absolutely brethtaking... when the orchestra part blasted at top volume in the movie theatre... truely a moment of u2 zen

:yes: I agree. That completely blew me away. I was just staring open-mouthed at the screen!

Back
Top Bottom