MERGED ----> Full Version Of U2's Neon Lights! + I've just listened to + Neon Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
Full Version Of U2's Neon Lights!

As of 09 07 the full version (4:07) of U2 covering Neon Lights has been available at:
http://www.zero.org/~dtena/neon.ok
(rename to .mp3)
Courtesy of victor_f in the thread http://forum.interference.com/t95941.html

I am surprised that Interferencers aren’t jumping all over this. It’s the first new U2 song in a couple years. It may not be the final version but it’s still a complete new U2 song. I’m thinking a lot people didn’t bother with the thread because of its title of 1 minute clip and didn’t see an immediate link. Of course - the question remains – how did u2eastlink.com get a hold of an unreleased U2 song? Mods feel free to merge and accurately rename the 2 threads.

I'm not much of a fan of this song I have to say, I haven't heard U2's full version of it, but it seems a little....uninspired. 'All along the watchtower,' now thats a cover!

looks like a christmas song.
just hope that the final version (considerig that this is not the one) has something more.

they shoulda rocked it out with Edge playing the piano part on Electric guitar and more of Larrys drumming. Adam's bass did sound good though!

innocent_eyes said:
they shoulda rocked it out with Edge playing the piano part on Electric guitar and more of Larrys drumming. Adam's bass did sound good though!

Totally agree, I expected them to do something like that to fit the tone of Vertigo.

Although most of the AB b-sides were covers their tone felt like AB, I'm hoping that this isn't the general tone of the new record!

MrBrau1 said:
The original wasn't a hard rock song. Why is everyone expecting their cover to be a hard rock song?

I appreciate it wasn't a rock song, it would have just been nice to have heard U2 do an original approach to the arrangement in terms of it's tone that's all.

cause it would have been better...the cues in the song made me expect they were gonna be a little more full on but it never happened and it felt like something was missing.

Even the last 45 seconds of the song coulda been rockin'. And i'm not talking HMTMKMKM, just something more...a little punch would have done it better.

neon lights

I think the song is excellently done...I heard someone term it dreamy, and I think thats a very good description...kinda reminds me of the intro to the william orbit mix of electrical storm...if this is just a bside, I think we can expect some pretty amazing things from the album...cause I really think this song is better than lets say, wild honey, when I look at the world, etc. etc. and definately better than some of the other bsides like summer rain, big girls are best...who cares if it isn't rocking..maybe they wanted a nice juxtaposition on the vertigo single...who knows...I love it : )

I've just listened to Neon Lights - Full version!

OMG! Guys! I'm so hyper!

I've just finished listening the full version of Neon Lights, one of the new songs! It's so cool! And Bono sounds soooooooo good!

Now I can't wait for the new album! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This reminds me of when we got Stateless and the rest of Million Dollar Hotel before All That... . We are getting the dreamy stuff out now and kickin' out later with the Vertigo release. Does anyone else feel that time has been going by so slowly now that we know when Vertigo is supposed to hit the radio? :grumpy: Man! I just want to stay in bed and sleep until this song comes out!

ahhhhhhhhhh I dont want to hear until the whole cd is finished!! I personally think and in my own opinion.. that we should respect U2 and wait to the new cd is out!

This song is great. I wish U2 would make an album's worth of stuff like this. It's somewhat of a different song structure from what we're used to with U2. It's beautiful.

Hey I don't know why everyone's bashing it, I think it's not bad :)

Adam's bass is really nice and I :heart: Bono's vocals for the "Neon Lights, shimmering Neeeon lights" part.

Re: neon lights

MaPhisto said:
definately better than some of the other bsides like summer rain [/B]
Summer Rain...a spectacualr B side..."Just as you find me always I will be a little bit too free with myself..."Perfect Bono lyric/personal line...

Back
Top Bottom