MERGED-->Favorite of the new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What are your favorite tracks so far?

Man this album has so many great songs it's almost impossible to choose just a few. Mine would have to be:

Miracle Drug
SYCMOYO
OoTS
L&PoE

1. Miracle Drug by far, maybe their best song ever
2. City of Blinding Lights
3. Sometimes
4. Original of the Species
5. Love and Peace

Miracle Drug
SYCMOYO
ABOY
CFYT (really surprised me)
OoTS

It's difficult to choose songs, they're all favo's :)

1. Miracle Drug best song IMO
2. Love and Peace or Else
3. Original of the Species
4. Crumbs from your table
5. City of Blinding Lights

i love this album!! there are no fillers, no skip overs, its amazing!!! i can't even pick out 5 of them, but i do think that Miracle Drug is the best song!!!

Vertigo, All because of you, City of blinding lights, Love and peace or else, Original of the species

Especially LAPOE struck me, so different from all their former work...

Vertigo
Crumbs (apart from the "teeth-eat all your friends" line)
All Because Of You
One Step Closer
OOTS

The only song I consider worthy of a 'classic' tag is Vertigo. Obviously that has an advantage because i've heard it 1237 times. OOTS would be a contender if it wasn't for the over-the-top, dreadful production. A more subtle approach to production would have made this a contender to the heights of WOWY and One. All Because of You is a great rock tune but One Step Closer is maybe the second best track on the album.

Miracle Drug was a dissapointment, bland to the point of boring, same with Yahweh. SYCMIOYO is also a bit of a mess production wise.

Obviously its early days and i'm sure things will grow on me after a few more listens. These are merely early impressions. Everyone seems to like Miracle Drug so maybe after a few more listens i'll see the light.

Love and Peace or Else
Miracle Drug
City of Blinding Lights

This album is amazing.

I'm not puting Vertigo on my list here cause I've listened to it a billion times by now but I still absolutely love it. But right now I can only listen to the ones I just got today. :wink: I love them all but right now it's like this:

Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Last edited:
in order:
1) miracle drug
2) sycmioyo
3) oots
4) yahweh (not so impressed at first, but when listening straight through the whole album, it blew me away)
5) city of blinding lights
6) love and peace or else
7) vertigo
8) all because of you
9) crumbs from your table
10) one step closer
11) a man and a woman

this is gonna change most certainly...and another thing to note--i think all the songs are very strong and the top 8 straight up blew me away from first listen

fast cars.

i haven't listened to the leaks, so i think i have the right to bullshit

I still have yet to see ANY brilliance in Miracle Drug. It's just...a song.

I dunno...I'll see.

And those who thought that A Man And A Women was a bad song are idiots.

There, I said it.

Right now, City of Blinding Lights, but I loved it from the very first listen, more so than Vertigo, and I've been listening to it for the past week, so it's had more of a chance to grow on me. Also, I love Yahweh and Miracle Drug. Those are my top three right now.

I couldn't possibly rank this genius. This album is absolutely perfect. If you don't like it, you have no taste. End of story.

ZigZag said:

Are you on crack or listening to a different album or something?

Axver said:

Are you on crack or listening to a different album or something?

I have NO idea. I swear, I have yet to see or taste ANY flavor to it. I'll have to take it to my friend's car and see how it sounds in there.

ZigZag said:

I dunno...I'll see.

And those who thought that A Man And A Women was a bad song are idiots.

There, I said it.

i agree..... miracle drug is one of my least favorite on the cd so far....

ZigZag said:

I have NO idea. I swear, I have yet to see or taste ANY flavor to it. I'll have to take it to my friend's car and see how it sounds in there.

I'm astonished, truly. It's better than every song made since JT/RAH, in my opinion. Even Gone, the song that made me a fanatic. It puts the last fourteen years to shame. Damn, this is one amazing song!

Axver said:

I'm astonished, truly. It's better than every song made since JT/RAH, in my opinion. Even Gone, the song that made me a fanatic. It puts the last fourteen years to shame. Damn, this is one amazing song!

im gonna go back and listen to it a few more times everyone seems to love it maybe im missing something too.....

Don't like Miracle Drug?! Seriously you have to be completely wasted\stoned right now not to love this song. It is in my top 5 songs of all time, I can't get over this damn song.

Back
Top Bottom