MERGED --> Fast Cars! + so, is fast cars on american version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about the deluxe edition? Is it there as well, or just in the box set? Just trying to look over the pros/cons of the collectors edition vs. the deluxe edition.

Last edited:
Fast Cars!

Hey there! Now that the album is out, anybody here get a chance to hear "Fast Cars". What does it sound like?

Its pretty cool imo. If you listen to the album and remember Yahweh is the closer...then Fast Cars is a nice little, strange ditty, that's quite a new sound for the boys.

Is Fast Cars only available in the Collector's Box set, or is it on any of the other versions as well?

Only in the Box set, but if you live in UK, Ireland or Japan, you can get it on the normal version as well.

its great - i cant believe it almost didnt make it at all. it really should be on all the versions everywhere.

Monkey79 said:
How about the deluxe edition? Is it there as well, or just in the box set? Just trying to look over the pros/cons of the collectors edition vs. the deluxe edition.

Only on the collectors, not on regular or deluxe. Go for the deluxe if you want to save that extra $10. Thats only my opinion of course.

its an awesome song, great guitars, love the middle eastern flavor. I think it could have been a late single, i can picture a music video for it right now. Too Bad this and mercy didnt make the cut, it would be cool to have 13 songs on the new CD, I couldnt cut any of the 11 present. Their all too strong to cut.

Question

So, is the Collectors Edition the one with the book included?
I'm getting a little confused with all the different versions out.

Re: Question

Shygirl said:
So, is the Collectors Edition the one with the book included?
I'm getting a little confused with all the different versions out.

Collectors is the one with the book, dvd, and CD, although no "real" liner notes. Fast Cars is on the CD.

Deluxe is the regular CD with the DVD, no fast cars.

Regular is just as it says, CD only no fast cars.

My mom surprised me with the Collectors today. Everything about it is great and really cool, but there's no actual "home" for the cd. It just kind of sits on top of the packaging in an indentation. What's the packaging like on the deluxe?

Re: Re: Question

bonosleftone said:

Collectors is the one with the book, dvd, and CD, although no "real" liner notes. Fast Cars is on the CD.

Does that mean no lyrics either?

Back
Top Bottom