MERGED--> Fast Cars is great!+Xanax And Wine/Fast Cars+Fast Cars Rant! + Fast cars???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFlyOnTheWall

Refugee
Fast Cars is great! Who's with me?

No, I'm not joking! I really love the song.
You probably thought I would be sarcastic, how I trash the album and all that stuff, but I think this song is the most U2 song on the whole album. And by that I mean a great song, innovative, surprising, with some strange elements, a new fresh guitar solo that goes very good with the song, etc. It's nothing unfinished or badly producted like some other Bomb stuff. The only song I don't feel sorry to be on the Bomb! (and it's a bonus track, how akward, isn't it!?)

I like this song alot too, and it's counterpart Xanax and Wine

"I know these fast cars will do me no good":wink:

I like it! It has a good, fun sound to it, its something different for the band, and I think it was a cool way to end the album.

Xanax and Wine is good, but saying "these fast cars will do me no good" sounds better than "Xanax and Wine"

I'd like to see this one played live!

It's in my top three on the album. It was pretty unexpected, to be honest - not something I thought U2 would come out with.
I don't know whether I prefer it over 'Xanax and Wine' - I like both very, very much. Gets me a' dancin'.
:dance:

Last edited:
neutral said:
I think it's about the period of time when Bono was trying to drown out the pain of losing his father.

*nods*

I love this song so much more than Xanax ... it's got mad 'flair' :)

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
I never heard Xanax & Wine...:(
[link removed-neutral]
Uživaj!:wave:

[Please don't post links on the forum to copyright tracks - neutral]

Last edited by a moderator:
solar said:

Thanks! It's great. I thought it's more different than Fast Cars... I guess I prefer FC after all. They're more "experimenal", more oriental and brave. X&W has a tipical sing-along chorus of which we had enough already
:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Much better than Xanax And Wine.
Anyway, top 5 on the album for sure. It also sounds very fresh, I say it's the most innovative song on the album.

I love this smiley :hug:

The one to the left looks so cool.

Re: Fast Cars is great! Who's with me?

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
No, I'm not joking! I really love the song.
You probably thought I would be sarcastic, how I trash the album and all that stuff, but I think this song is the most U2 song on the whole album. And by that I mean a great song, innovative, surprising, with some strange elements, a new fresh guitar solo that goes very good with the song, etc. It's nothing unfinished or badly producted like some other Bomb stuff. The only song I don't feel sorry to be on the Bomb! (and it's a bonus track, how akward, isn't it!?)

Its ok but Xanax and Wine is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better! It has a better chorus, "I know that you been good to me, now I need you not to be" is a great line. What were U2 thinking of not including this on the album I will never know! Still I suppose it wasn't catchy enough to make it on the 'How to Dismantle Some 80's tunes & make a catchy chorus' album!:eyebrow:

Re: Re: Fast Cars is great! Who's with me?

rjhbonovox said:
What were U2 thinking of not including this on the album I will never know! Still I suppose it wasn't catchy enough to make it on the 'How to Dismantle Some 80's tunes & make a catchy chorus' album!:eyebrow:

They did it just to piss you off.

I love it too! It has an amasing, I would say, flamenco rhytym about it. Alhtough it's not my favourite tune of the album but it's certainly one of the best.:yes:

They're in the desert to distmatle an Atomic Bomb!:dancing:

i've already said this but i like repeating: Fast Cars is a GREAT song (easily in HTDAAB's top 3), would have been a GREAT single (it's actually the only song off HTDAAB that every friend of mine who doesn't know U2 really likes) and could have been the Mysterious Ways of this album...i just hope U2 will play it live.

Last edited:
It's a pretty good song, sounds different from anything they've ever done (although it has a vague similarity to Vertigo, maybe I'm forgetting another song). Should of been included on all the album editions.

Now that I've listened to X&W few more times, I think it's on the same level as Fast Cars. It's even more rocking and could be great live. Pitty the only real song wasn't included.

Here's a thought. What if they made a whole album full of middle eastern music influences? That would be some new ground right there.

Back
Top Bottom