Merged ----> Electrical Storm Video on VH1!!! + ES Video On MTV Now (Spoiler)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
electrical storm video playing on mtv now. spoiler

looks like im the first one to see it the video rules love it ,alot of larry and he,s kissing and doing stuff to that chick. bono looks like the pop erra bono. the song is the orbit mix :( but is still good ,nice band jam in the end oh and the video is all in black and white enjoy.looks like a hit to me.

Last edited:
Electrical Storm Video on VH1!!!

Just caught the video, as I am up too early foe work. It's black and white, and features some pretty steamy scenes with Larry and the mermaid mentioned before. It also has various scenes of the band performing and Bono in a train. It's all black and white...very cool!!:up:

Re: electrical storm video playing on mtv now. spoiler

shaun vox said:
looks like im the first one to see it
There I was at 6:15 putting my shoes on, getting ready to head out the door, watching Sportscenter when I decided to see what was running on MTV, and bang "Electrical Storm" is on. Much to my chagrin however, I only caught the last 30 seconds of it. At least I caught it on the radio in its entirety during my commute.

When can we see this? Bono looks like Pop, does that mean he doesn't have any hair? I saw the pics from the filming, he had hair and a leather jacket??

U2Kitten said:
When can we see this? Bono looks like Pop, does that mean he doesn't have any hair? I saw the pics from the filming, he had hair and a leather jacket??

Perhaps Bono cracked one too many drummer jokes, and Larry stuck gum in Bono's hair, so they had to cut all his hair off. :D

I just saw the video this morning before I headed off to class. I was so surprised with the whole Larry/Mermaid action I started laughing hysterically...my roomy came out of the bathroom to see what was the matter.
I don't know what to think of it just yet. I'd say it's "interesting."
Definitely not what I was expecting. Oh yeah, Edge is wearing a cowboy hat. I think that's what surprised me the most.

Just saw the video on EdgeTV here in Canada.

It was played at 6PM

What is with the deer?

The version on the video is different than what is being played on the radio.

The ending is different. There are 4 "Baby Don't Cry'S" and the outro is like the SIngleMix.

Actually now that I think about it, it is the Interference Orbit Mix! I think it is what is on the radio in Europe.

cailiosa said:
I just saw the video this morning before I headed off to class. I was so surprised with the whole Larry/Mermaid action I started laughing hysterically...my roomy came out of the bathroom to see what was the matter.
I don't know what to think of it just yet. I'd say it's "interesting."
Definitely not what I was expecting. Oh yeah, Edge is wearing a cowboy hat. I think that's what surprised me the most.

:eyebrow: Interesting is definitely the right word. I wasn't really knocked out by it. I was hoping for more of a performance video personally. I was surprised that they used a more experimental mix than the version I've heard on the radio. It doesn't rock as much, but it does seem less commercial than the radio version.

Caught the tail end [pun intended] of it this morning. I'm not a PLEBA girl type [not that there's anything wrong with it] but damn, Larry was looking fine. I mean, really good. And the end, when he carries the mermaid to the water...awwwww....so sexy. The strobe light effect was a little annoying though. But I'm so glad to see a video like that after all that Joseph Kahn crap they did.

Ok...I want to know what they said to Larry to convince him to do this....:eek: Did they offer becoup bucks to his favorite charity?:confused: Was it a dare? A challenge? Did he finally get tired of being stuck behind the drum kit and want some of Bono's action? Did they finally decide to show off Larry's...ahem...other talents?

I have never seen Larry like this before. I have no idea what to think..

Oh...I liked the song...;)

dream wanderer

Excellent

This is the best U2 video in 00's , very good tune and great , i repeat great great video , guys will have atleast two or three new albums , rocknroll spirit is there , real U2 are Back!!!!!!!!!!!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

:heart:

:dance: :dance:

The love scenes seemed a little tacky and definitely not U2 in light of their video history.

I believe that this video supports my "Anton should stick with taking pictures" theory. The guy just throws in too many abstract images (art for art's sake, in my opinion). The video is only entertaining near the end when the full band is actually playing.

Nice to see The Edge with the cowboy hat, though.

-[z]-

oh come on, guys
how is it tacky?
maybe if the boys were hamming it up around a pool and had dancing girls in bikinis and high heels...

u2 have done plenty of vids standing around playing their instruments. change is good people!
and oh yes, Cowboy Edge is my favourite.

I finally saw the video this morning on VH1. Woo-hoo! Anton rocks! I think U2 should dump Joseph Kahn and have Anton direct all their videos from now on. I loved it, and not just because of the :larry: :drool: factor. The cinematography was stunning, and the whole concept of the video fit beautifully with the meaning of the song. When I first heard they were going to be featuring a mermaid in the video I was afraid it would be cheesy, but it wasn't like that at all.

I kind of wish I hadn't been so spoiled ahead of time though. It seemed to me from the way the video was shot that you weren't even supposed to know the girl is really a mermaid until the very end. I don't think I even saw her tail until the shot were Larry was carrying her back into the ocean. If would have added a lot to the exeprience of seeing it for the first time if the surprise factor had been there. Oh well, I guess I have no one to blame but myself for being so obsessed I know almost everything about a U2 video before I even see it!

I finally saw the video this morning, and I really like it. I know people have their gripes about it being weird, but consider this. Last night I couldn't sleep so I stayed up and watched a lot of videos. They're all the same! Either it's the bitches, hos, and bling bling type or it's the "way too many artsy shots of the (lead) singer trying to look sexy" type.

This has a subtle storyline with the drummer (how many bands feature their drummer?) playing a role. I liked the strobelight effect during the band's performance. I think perhaps it is intended to symbolize lightning, which is good, because I think it would have been too cheesy and obvious to have any real lightning in the video. The fireworks may also symbolize an electrical storm. The story leaves a lot of questions unanswered (cf. AIWIY video). Overall, it's pretty unique in the video world at the moment.

In a nutshell, I'm digging this video.

Any theories on the deer? :scratch:

HeartlandGirl said:

Any theories on the deer? :scratch:

Not at all. There's gotta be more to it than "Anton Art". It's really odd. :shrug: Neat, but I don't even know how to begin interpreting it!

the deer is like edge's number shirts. just thrown in there so we will all go mental trying to figure out its meaning.

Anton:and cut! Zeh zeems to be zomzing misseeeng. oh i know, ze must zhrow in zome strange bit of ze forest voods to confuze zose pesky fans zegain!muwuuwuwhahahahaaaaaaaaa
cue zee deer!

Someone had the idea that it is an irradiated reindeer, throwing in the Chernobly idea.
Tv - Achtung Baby
Edge Cowboy - Pop
Bono scruff - Passengers
Bathtub - Million Dollar Hotel
The last decade of work represented by symbols.

Any thoughts?

Scarletwine said:
Someone had the idea that it is an irradiated reindeer, throwing in the Chernobly idea.
Tv - Achtung Baby
Edge Cowboy - Pop
Bono scruff - Passengers
Bathtub - Million Dollar Hotel
The last decade of work represented by symbols.

Any thoughts?

The suitcase - All That You Can't Leave Behind

:lmao: at cowgirl. Irradiated reindeer? Anton Corbijn "cueing zee deer" just to drive fans crazy? They're all possibilities!

Back
Top Bottom