MERGED-->DVD Box Set + Could We Be In For PopMart and Zoo TV on DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
DVD Box-set next Spring?

U2tour.de received a letter from Universal in Austria that had the calendar events for 2005.

In May, U2 is supposed to release a DVD Box-set: "After their 11. album, the biggest band in the world will release the much awaited DVD Bos-set."
Unfortunately, that is all the info they have.

:confused: Could this be the promised 1980-90 DVD?

I hope a "box-set" would include ZooTV Sydney and POPMart Mexico City. And heck, throw in UABRS and the Achtung Baby Video as well. There's tons of stuff they could put in a box set.

I bet they came up with this "box-set" idea because they feel some releases would not sell well individually (POPmart), but they want them to be available on DVD anyway. This is very cool news and I hope it turns out to be comprehensive.

Ahh that's right, I forgot about Red rocks and Sydney - didn't they say they'd put those out someday?

it would only make sense if they released 2 box sets, one for the 80's (under a blood red sky, best of 1980-1990, rattle & hum) and one for the 90's (zoo tv, popmart, best of 1990-2000, any other extra videos not included in the best of, etc)

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I don't read German, but it looks like it had something to do with the Best of 1980 - 1990 and the Best of 1990 - 2000. And finally the complete videos 1980 - 2000. That'd be cool!
:drool: :drool: :drool: yea:drool: :drool:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I don't read German, but it looks like it had something to do with the Best of 1980 - 1990 and the Best of 1990 - 2000. And finally the complete videos 1980 - 2000. That'd be cool!

I do read a bit of German and that part had to do with prior release info not becoming true. :|
(From 2002 those were some of the rumours of imminent U2 DVD releases, that somehow never materialised).

Sounds interesting I will wait till it happens though. ZooTV Sydney has been in the newsletters for years and its always been delayed.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
So, Popmartijn what is the news then?:eyebrow:

What U2girl mentioned in the first post. Yep, it really is just one line (basically, DVD boxset in May 2005). No further details.
The list you read was what was announced before (look at the dates at the beginning of the line) but never materialised.

C ya!

Marty

I´d love to have a sort of "LED ZEPPELIN DVD" U2´s version instead !!!!!!!!!! :yes: :lol: :heart: :up: :bow:

In case you aren´t a Led Zep fan, Led Zeppelin is a double DVD set with near 5 and half hours of pure previously unreleased live Led Zeppelin footage from all their career !!!!!!:bow:

All die hard fans we have U2 bootlegs know there´re at least 50 Pro-shot filmed concerts from the very early Boy Tour until Elevation Tour. I´ve some Pro- shot DVD bootlegs, like Loreley 1983, Dortmund 1984, Amnesty International 1986, Los Angeles 1987, Stockholm 1992, Santiago 1998, etc, etc.

I´d really love to see that rather than all previously released videos like Pop Mart Mexico, Best of 1980 - 1990, Rattle & Hum, etc :tsk:

Also that would be the perfect way to stop so many fans who are making dirty money by selling DVD and CD bootlegs :mad:

just check it out one of the most famous ones:

www.u2liveinconcert.com

Also if you go to ebay.com you´ll find some "fans" selling DVD bootlegs for more than 100 dollars each one !! :censored:

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE :wave:

Hoodlem said:
I hope a "box-set" would include ZooTV Sydney and POPMart Mexico City. And heck, throw in UABRS and the Achtung Baby Video as well. There's tons of stuff they could put in a box set.

I bet they came up with this "box-set" idea because they feel some releases would not sell well individually (POPmart), but they want them to be available on DVD anyway. This is very cool news and I hope it turns out to be comprehensive.

fuck oath man, i kant wait!!!

maybe its a dvd with rare live cuts and things like home movies, and behind the scenes along with extra things like Red Hill Mining Town video, other versions of pride, beautiful day and unreleased stuff, like the dvd in the Nirvana Box Set??

The infamous Red Hill Mining Town video...I MUST HAVE IT! (whipping out the wallet). $$

Who knows, maybe they'll actually play this one on the next tour. It is, in fact, the ONLY song off of JT that hasn't been played live.

brimcart said:
The infamous Red Hill Mining Town video...I MUST HAVE IT! (whipping out the wallet). $$

Who knows, maybe they'll actually play this one on the next tour. It is, in fact, the ONLY song off of JT that hasn't been played live.

Remember though, the band truly believes that video was horrible. I know people want to see it for the sake of seeing it, but it could be bad enough to ruin your perception of the song. There is probably a reason that Ned O'hanlon (is this right?) said the video probably wouldn't see the light of day.

ponkine said:
I´d love to have a sort of "LED ZEPPELIN DVD" U2´s version instead !!!!!!!!!! :yes: :lol: :heart: :up: :bow:

In case you aren´t a Led Zep fan, Led Zeppelin is a double DVD set with near 5 and half hours of pure previously unreleased live Led Zeppelin footage from all their career !!!!!!:bow:

I would love this!! :hyper: It's only fair :wink:
*crosses fingers and willing to hold breath if that'll help :combust:*
(but I've seen stories like this so many times in the last few years so I have my doubts) chooses to remain positive, however.

Back
Top Bottom