MERGED--> Does anyone else love the new video for Sometimes?? + Sometimes video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I just listened the video. In the studio version he also does the "slide" thing, but correctly, stopping on the right note. In the video he goes further.

I dont know how to expalin it, but I know that he is not intentionaly doing that, I know it. Geez this is going to bug me all day now, that I cant get my point across clearly to change your guy's minds. But thats how Bono sings, its no messup. And Im dead serious

macphisto23 said:
Geez this is going to bug me all day now, that I cant get my point across clearly to change your guy's minds.

Sorry to hear that.

(and here it's almost midnight so I can just go to sleep :wink: )

C'mon you guys,
In a recent interview Bono said that producers have asked him, when recording the album, where did he get that voice from (and sure enough he does sound fresh, almost as on Joshua Tree) and Bono replied that his father left him that voice.
Now, since the "Sometimes you can't make it..." is dedicated to his father which is also being mentioned (written) in the beginning of the video, I think they did it on purpose so that viewers can hear two voices, eventually merging into one, the one that Bono has now, which is his "old" voice, reinforced with the voice his father left him when passing away.

I hope this make sense, it does to me, but then again maybe I'm too spiritual these days! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom