MERGED--> Does anyone else love the new video for Sometimes?? + Sometimes video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The video for Sometimes is cool.. Well i think all the videos for HTDAAB so far is quite good. Better than those released for ATYCLB..

I watched the video for the first time last night and was nearly in tears. This is the best video by U2 in a long time. All of the ATYCLB were so boring. They did nothing for the song. The Sometimes video is so beautiful and captures the emotion of what that song is about. The white back drop, dublin streets, Bono's room, and the curtain rise when Bono sings. Truely epic. Good job guys.

Miggy D said:
I wish the 'Walk On at a football game' video was shot in the face in the middle of an empty street. It's that bad.
*cough* That was 'Stuck' *cough*

:wink:

Axver said:
Best. U2 music video. Ever.

And I say that for completely personal reasons.

Worst since "I Will Follow"
Cliché, cliché, cliché.
Damnit, I hate the video.

God Part III said:

Worst since "I Will Follow"
Cliché, cliché, cliché.
Damnit, I hate the video.

Hej Champ...

Håber at du fik billetter til koncerten.. Fik ingen selv, men sådan er det...

Hygge

jick said:
The video is such a "feel good" video for long time fans like you and me who understand what Bono went through with his father and the origins of the song and the band.

But will that video win new fans for U2?

Will it catch the attention of the teenage crowd who compose most of the pop music consumers?

Will that video help bring the song up the charts, both in singles and video categories?

You got Bono walking with the hood, Bono in the room, and the band in the opera. Three entire scenes.

I don't think this video will cut it with the MTV TRL crowd.

But it sure is a "feel good" video for longtime fans like me and makes the four plus minutes of my time worthwhile.

Cheers,

J

Jick, have you seen the video for Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2 U? That video propelled her up the charts. And all that has is one scene, her lip-synching and a solitary tear.

Sometimes people actually connect with the emotion present coupled with the content of the song. Teenagers are often times emotional, will the average boy jump on it, perhaps not, but the girls, um, yeah.

I guess this "feel good" video failed to make you feel good enough to believe that other's might also "feel good" about it.

Im sorry but if you look back at the videos that were being done in the 80s U2s stack up very very well especially Unforgetable Fire and onwards.

This video is excellent....reminds me very much of Streets of Philadelphia by Bruce Spingsteen for some reason.

Yahweh said:
This video is excellent....reminds me very much of Streets of Philadelphia by Bruce Spingsteen for some reason.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the beginning of the vid and part of the vocal track was done while he was walking (ala Philadelphia). That would be a really interesting touch to do the entire vocal track fo rthe vid in that fashion...

yimou said:

Hej Champ...

Håber at du fik billetter til koncerten.. Fik ingen selv, men sådan er det...

Hygge

Lå 16 timer uden for Fona 2000, så jeg synes jeg fortjente dem...
Hvorfor fik du ikke?
Det var squ da synd!

U2girl said:

Yes, much worse than the "hey let's do nothing but sit in a diner" aka If god will send his angels or "let's do something no one will ever get. but it's cool, it's art." aka Last night on earth.

U2 only made embarassing videos up to Joshua Tree time.

I don't really understand....are you being sarcastic in this post or not? Do you really think those videos are bad? I personally think those are some of the better ones U2 has put out. But then you say that they only made embarassing ones 'up to Joshua Tree time.' So I don't get it...please clarify, sans sarcasm.

-Miggy

It's definately one of U2's best :up: Probably the best Phil Joanou video...how I hope this is the video played in the U.S. I don't want to see Madden in a U2 video ever again :yikes:

Yes, I never cared for those videos. The first one is boring, and the second is pretentious wannabe art. Just IMO.

Embarassing videos in the sense that they didn't yet have the clothes or the famous directors, plus they didn't have experience with making videos.

The Elevation video is a fun movie soundtrack clip, and it's one of not many occasions where Bono doesn't have the spotlight. I don't see why it gets so much flack. I can see why the US (football) version of Stuck is disliked, but not that one.

U2girl said:
Yes, I never cared for those videos. The first one is boring, and the second is pretentious wannabe art. Just IMO.

Embarassing videos in the sense that they didn't yet have the clothes or the famous directors, plus they didn't have experience with making videos.

The Elevation video is a fun movie soundtrack clip, and it's one of not many occasions where Bono doesn't have the spotlight. I don't see why it gets so much flack. I can see why the US (football) version of Stuck is disliked, but not that one.

I love IGWSHA and LNOE video's two of my favourites and the SYCMIOYO video is quickly becoming a personal favourite too. The Elevation video is horrible and over blown. It's the lamest thing they've ever done, I cringe every time I see it. That's just me.

It's all personal preference, I prefer the more simplistic video's like 'Sometime's..' and IGWSHA. I think Phil Joanhu know's how to shoot u2 in video's. I think Bono looks amazing in the 'Sometime's..' video.

God Part III said:

Lå 16 timer uden for Fona 2000, så jeg synes jeg fortjente dem...
Hvorfor fik du ikke?
Det var squ da synd!

16 timer ????,, Du har mere end fortjent dem LOL... Og så lige Fona 2000 af alle steder :wink: Så du må være fra København ( Med mindre at der er flere Fona 2000 i landet )
Jeg fik ingen billetter fordi at jeg fejlagtigt besluttede mig for at benytte internettet. Men billetlugen stinker for at sige det mildt. Blev smidt af hele tiden, så jeg endte bagest i den elektroniske kø hele tiden.. Nå, men sådan er livet.

yimou said:

16 timer ????,, Du har mere end fortjent dem LOL... Og så lige Fona 2000 af alle steder :wink: Så du må være fra København ( Med mindre at der er flere Fona 2000 i landet )
Jeg fik ingen billetter fordi at jeg fejlagtigt besluttede mig for at benytte internettet. Men billetlugen stinker for at sige det mildt. Blev smidt af hele tiden, så jeg endte bagest i den elektroniske kø hele tiden.. Nå, men sådan er livet.

Fyren foran mig havde sidet der i 33 timer... Så der var dem af os der var desperate. Hvis en af mine venner er på ferie eller et eller andet så checker jeg lige om han/hun vil sælge den til dig.
Jeg vil ikke garantere noget men hvis der kommer noget til overs...
Jeg vil nødigt træde i det, men jeg skal også til Dublin.

God Part III said:

Fyren foran mig havde sidet der i 33 timer... Så der var dem af os der var desperate. Hvis en af mine venner er på ferie eller et eller andet så checker jeg lige om han/hun vil sælge den til dig.
Jeg vil ikke garantere noget men hvis der kommer noget til overs...
Jeg vil nødigt træde i det, men jeg skal også til Dublin.

Vorsprung durch Technik

(sorry, just felt like joining in.... :wink: )

I'm not gonna even start about that Elevation atrocity.
But on the other hand... the Sometimes video is fuckin' amazing. I watched it already 5 times. I never watch music videos that much.

djerdap said:
I'm not gonna even start about that Elevation atrocity.
But on the other hand... the Sometimes video is fuckin' amazing. I watched it already 5 times. I never watch music videos that much.

Oh come on...how can you not like Edge's cute little wink at the end of the Elevation video? :wink:

I like the video for "Sometimes"...its simple but powerful!..and very sad :sad:
But my favorite U2 video still is "Stay":drool:

Back
Top Bottom