MERGED-->Differences In Collector's Edition Books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maro_chik

Refugee
Differences In Collector's Edition Books

So I just got my collector's edition today, (which by the way, is awesome) and I noticed a few differences from some of the scans that were posted. For example:

-My book doesn't have the quote "All warfare is based on deception" quote within Edge's handprint.

-My book doesn't say that it's 'Edge's Hand'

Maybe this is a mistake on the Canadian versions, I dunno. :shrug: Has anyone else noticed this on their copies?

Oh yeah, here's a pic:

book12.jpg

I am from Canada and I'm missing those things also.
GRR as if Canada doesn't get screwed enough! (ie late release date).

Mine doesn't have the words either. This is intriguing.

I can only imagine some fucking asshole at Universal thinking those words would be too inflammatory for the U.S. and since Canada's set was manufactured here you got stuck with the U.S. version.

Sorry.

beli said:
Maybe yours is worth more.
That's what I was thinking. :happy:

That's all I've found so far, after comparing them pretty closely to LostAtMoon's posts in PLEBA.

mine is the same as Losts. Theres a couple of pages I cant see in her scans.

there are 2 red diagrams of the "sequence of events in a two stage radiation explosion"

Last edited:
I wonder how many books were printed in the USA? And how many were printed elsewhere?

Oh gawd, I hope this doesnt send all the nerds nuts wanting to buy 2 copies of both. One for using and one for keeping perfectly sealed on the shelf :|

Last edited:
Well i just got my copy today! :happy: at Future Shop and i wasn't expecting it..when i asked on Tuesday the guy said 2 or 3 weeks....bah!...So i went back today and what do i find lying on a table the collectors edition with da book!...YAY!...only problem is i also ordered it from Amazon..and its coming tomorrow..oops..lol
Anyways all that to say that my book does not say "Edges hand"or the sentence either...i'm from Canada also.
So with the one i ordered off Amazon i will check if its different...hehe might be worth keeping the two after all,but don't worry it won't be perfectly sealed on a shelf...hehe ;)

ok, i tore into my collectors edition last night after i read these posts. i'm in canada too, and my book indeed does not have the writing on the page with edge's hand print. it's just a hand print, no quotation, no text saying it's edge's hand. guess it's a canadian phenomenon.

maybe it's their treat to us for leaving us out in the cold for two days, a snafu copy that may be worth a little more one of these days. :hmm:

:wink:

Does anyone think that this is what the type

"Extra line needed..."

means as found on the little cardboard wrapper (look on the back, at the bottom under www.u2.com)

I'm actually shocked and dismayed at how many people on this and other boards are trashing this treasure of an item.

Peter and the Wolf got more praises, for crissakes.

It's sick, really.

The whole second half of my copy (Canadian) is printed upside down, so you have to close the book, flip it around, and then start from the 'back'. Is this how everybody else's copies are?

lemonsquare said:
The whole second half of my copy (Canadian) is printed upside down, so you have to close the book, flip it around, and then start from the 'back'. Is this how everybody else's copies are?

Actually, this is one of the things that really bugged me, but I assumed it was done that way to make it interesting.

lemonsquare said:

Yeah, I have that too.

looks like we may have some REAL collectors eddition for us canadians! I think they screwed up and now we will get some voluble products! is there any way to tell without oppening the collectors eddition?

dabiggestu2fan said:
looks like we may have some REAL collectors eddition for us canadians! I think they screwed up and now we will get some voluble products! is there any way to tell without oppening the collectors eddition?

Hate to break it to you, but my copy is European. I think they're all like that.

So who here does have the quote in their book? I've yet to receive mine because Amazon.ca is being bitchy, but it looks like I'll be without the quote.

I am in the US and the quote is not in the book which I bought at Sam Goody.

I think the one with the quote may be more rare.

Back
Top Bottom