MERGED--> Did anyone see + New 'One' Music Vid has just premiered on C4 (British TV)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soul Love

The Fly
The New 'One' Music Vid has just premiered on C4 (British TV)

...and I'm still in two minds about it:

Bono is still keeping up with the rough-edged look - I like it, especially seeing his chest ever-so-slightly exposed.

V. Soulful, with Mary J. Doing most of the vocals but it was more on an even keel than it was at the grammies

...But I dunno it's still so weird :eyebrow:

did anyone see the new video?

its the video for one (with mary j blidge)
it was on channel 4 just now (uk tv)
not bad, nice performance video (def not grammys)
with some still images
(one of them was a glass of water and a set of "vocal aid" tablets)

soz no images to show, it took me by surprise

merge, merge!

I want to see it just for curiosity, I really doubt this is gonna be something I'll like

I live in U.S.A. ( :hears boos: ) so I unfortunately will just have to wait until it comes out here or something. Has it already aired anywhere else? Maybe It'l turn up on YouTube soon. :D

I like how MJB enters by coming out of a limo all glammed up. It's like, hey, we're one, but we're not the same. Because some of us are rich and glamorous.

I wonder why they needed to film that in Mexico. They could've filmed that in my garage and saved a buck.

I stayed up to watch it, and I thought it was great, MJ Blige sang it really well.

Adam was pretty animated as well, not much larry in the vid though.

Didn't like the very end, where bono and MJB whisper words to each other, seemed overly contrived, why not just stop when it ends?

Just couldn't help but wonder if this will be used for the new red
I-pod ad to help benefit the ONE campaign. Liked it ok. I think U2 should've been featured more prominently. Really didn't see Adam and Larry hardly at all. Could've done without the MJB limo & hall entrance.

I still would have preferred if they'd recorded a new song together, instead of recording something that everyone will compare to the original. Bono seems to have lyrics coming out of every orifice sometimes, so I'm sure they could have done something new.

Still, if this is used for the red iPod / ONE campaign, that makes a lot of sense, and I'd be ok with that.

Re: did anyone see the new video?

burns said:

with some still images
(one of them was a glass of water and a set of "vocal aid" tablets)

I saw also an U2 iPod. :ohmy:

I don't like it when they linger with a song after it's finished with a gesture - like Mary J. sticking her index finger up but oooh he kissed her hand and it was so damn gentlemanly:love:

hated it. i can't believe she's even bringing it out as a single. Her voice and shreiking and all her "ooooooooh's" and "aaaaaaaaah's" make it sound so over-the-top. It just irritates me that they've tampered with this wonderful song that should have been left alone, just so both of them can sell a few more records. Plus Bono's voice isn't what it was, his vocal performance on the original is far superior. Call me a moaning bastard but this song just gets on my nerves. A lot.

I switched over halfway through onto channel 5 and watched Peter Kay instead hoping i'd hear the end of it but no, they only went and played it on the radio this morning as i was getting up! :mad:

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3460170

Mary J Blige and U2 - One C4 19-03-2006 PAL DVD

Lineage: NTL Cable > ATI AIW 9800 + SB Live > ATI MMC 8Mbps MPG2 > TMPGEnc DVD Author > DVD PAL (MPEG-2 4:3 720x576 25fps, Layer-2 48000Hz 384kbps)

No menu

4m:31s

The above is the right lineage. The info I uploaded was a cut and paste the lineage from my Bono TV Appearances DVD and I forgot to edit it :rolleyes:

I'm not showing as a seeder but I'm not sure whether that's because there are no peers yet

Last edited:
Very good. Best parts for me are the dark silhouetted shots of The Edge doing his thing. I'm not a fan of MJB but she has breathed new energy into that song.

Didn't really like it. I thought MJB coming in was like showing how rich she is or she was showing off. Plus i didn't like how she sang ONE sometimes it didnt seem like the same song. Also didnt like how it seemed MJB was the whole spotlight. I give it two thumbs down

Horrible. Plainly horrible.
One of U2's biggest embarassments.
The original One was perfect. There was absolutely no need for this.
So contrived and cheesy...

My favorite parts have to be when Bono is rocking out and when MJB and Bono sing/shout together at the end.

Back
Top Bottom