MERGED--->Dave Fanning + Confirmed to play Vertigo on Thursday! + Important Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drivemytrabant

War Child
Dave Fanning

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere around here lately--but does anyone know when he is gonna get Vertigo? He gets it before anyone else right? So I'm thinking he might get to play it before friday.

ya look for Dave to have it Wednesday or Thursday, not sure exact time.. .. but it's been mentioned to us by a reliable source thats who'll have it first

I've been checking out Dave's website (you can too: http://www.rte.ie/2fm/entertainment/fanning.html ) Looks like you can listen to his shows from the last week. So if someone can find out when he plays it we can still listen to it the next day if he plays it early. I'm sure it will be all over the internet if he plays it early. If not I'm just trying to make the wait seem less painful haha.

Dave Fanning announced last night that he would have the first play this Thursday. His show goes out 6pm-7:30pm but he normally would play an exclusive early in the show.

I don't think it'll happen. After U2 Principles read this thread, Dave Fanning is going to get a phone call. I don't think there will be a leak or an exclusive of Vertigo. It's Friday for all..

BostonAnne said:
I don't think it'll happen. After U2 Principles read this thread, Dave Fanning is going to get a phone call. I don't think there will be a leak or an exclusive of Vertigo. It's Friday for all..

I think this one will actually be approved. Dave Fanning usually gets the premieres, so I'm told, and he's close to the band in any case. And by the time his show airs, it's already the 24th on my side of the world.

actually axver's right. Who cares if he get's it early or not? You'll have it from Australian radio stations by the time its thursday night over there anyway ;)

AussieU2fanman said:
actually axver's right. Who cares if he get's it early or not? You'll have it from Australian radio stations by the time its thursday night over there anyway ;)

Well, Fanning will probably have it slightly 'early'. Let's say he plays it at 6:20pm Irish time. That's 3:20am here and 5:20am in New Zealand, which I presume is before Universal will actually have delivered it to the stations here.

But within a few short hours, it will be all over Oceanic radio and his 'early' premiere won't exactly be earthshatteringly early!

Well one reason to listen to him is that he is a close friend of the band and may have something to say other than, "and now heres the new u2":)

Actually if it is earlier, that means I can download the song and play it all day during school instead of having to wait until I get home. It's all looking up for Stefan :D

AussieU2fanman said:
Actually if it is earlier, that means I can download the song and play it all day during school instead of having to wait until I get home. It's all looking up for Stefan :D

Hah, awesome! We just need someone who can record from RTE 2FM. I'll get up at 3am (which is the time his show starts for us east coast Australians), but I can't get the feed to work at the moment ...

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here where more people will probably read it.

99x in Atlanta just announced that they will get Vertigo on Thursday. Leslie, the programming director, emphasised the will in the statement "we WILL get Vertigo on Thursday." She said it twice to make sure we heard it.
To me, this means if Fanning is going to play it first, he might do it tomorrow.

I'll add 99X to my list because i'm able to download internet radio station streams. So far 2FM the station with Dave Fanning is recording the best. I'm gonna start recording multiple radio stations maybe 3 or four of them at 12pm afternoon on Thursday and as soon as someone posts that one of those stations played Vertigo i can then find the song and edit it out of the stream and post it.

Last edited:
it's all getting very interesting now, isn't it.

i actually believe now, that starting around wednesday afternoon, it could be any moment.

According to u2ashtung.com, they have received the confirmation that Vertigo will indeed be played at the radio show on thursday night but only at the radio. The song will be ripped off of the internet radio.

So some of you will have to prepare their tape recorder !

I only have windows media at work, no realplayer :( So I cant hear his radio show!!! Anyone know what time will it be here in California when Dave Fanning plays it?

Fanning's show is on at 6 - 7:30 GMT, That's from 1-2:30 EST and I guess 11-12:30 pacific time. I kinda figured they'd do that blackout of the webstream thing. I think they're trying to drive us nuts.

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/entertainment/fanning.html

DAVE FANNING
FIRST EXCLUSIVE PLAY OF U2'S BRAND NEW SINGLE VERTIGO
This Thursday evening on The Dave Fanning Show you can hear the first EXCLUSIVE play of U2's brand new single 'Vertigo', taken from their forthcoming album 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'.
This will be U2 fans' first chance to hear 'Vertigo' anywhere in the world.

In fact, the Dave Fanning show has had the exclusive on every new U2 single from the very beginning, since the day when listeners to Dave's show were asked to pick the A- side of U2's very first single.

'Vertigo' hits the shops on November 8 but you can hear it first and in full on Thursday's Dave Fanning Show so don't miss it!

So what time will this be for us Americans? U2dork, I know you said you might change your aviator, DON'T!!! It brings a smile to my face everytime I see it. :laugh:

i have class until 3:20(CT) on Thursday, so hopefully by then there will be an mp3 hosted somewhere.

:( Crappy, I just realized I'll be at work. I'll have to wait 4+ hours to hear it.
Hey, thanks zoopop! And Fanning is on right now...

Back
Top Bottom