MERGED--->Dalkey Beach, Where Art Thou? + Is that Vertigo+Mick mp3 genuine or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
neutral said:

nimrods? I posted an article about Dalkey Beach and Bono's "mansion" on the first page. :p

Hey at least I quoted the right person this time though? :sexywink:

I meant nimrods in the nicest way possible! ;) People are just getting so worked up over this. Dalkey does exisit, it is in the same area as Killiney.

U2girl said:
Perhaps you'd like to see Dalkey Beach's idea for the opening tour setlist in the Tour forum

Vertigo
All Because of You
Gloria
In Gods Country
Exit
Love and Peace or Else
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Do You Feel Loved
God Part II
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Electric Co.
Wire
Hands That Built America
Elevation
Full Metal Jacket

With or Without You
New Years Day
Pride

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm

I'll eat my hat if they ever play Electric co, Gloria, Wire, Exit, God part II, Do you feel loved or Peace on earth again.
And only 3 of the biggest hits, no Streets and only 5 new songs?

Yeah, that's one thing that's kept lurking in my mind. The set is so unrealistic it's not funny and I don't know why anyone would suggest it. It is too similar to an Elevation setlist, I thought that Full Metal Jacket was now Native Son, there are too many ATYCLB leftovers, and the lack of Streets basically punches a wound in the setlist.

By the way, hope you plan on eating your hat. I say Gloria will be played again, and Peace On Earth will probably be snippeted at some point in time. Or maybe I'm overly optimistic.

starsgoblue said:
Dalkey has it's own website

Watch more TV:rolleyes:

I'm claiming our poster Dalkey is the real deal or anything yet...but this isn't an imaginary place like another poster said.

Who exactly stated that Dalkey didn't exist? :confused:

starsgoblue said:
Dalkey has it's own website---> http://www.dalkeyvillage.com/links.html

Watch more TV:rolleyes:

I'm claiming our poster Dalkey is the real deal or anything yet...but this isn't an imaginary place like another poster said.

I meant I'm NOT claiming the poster Dalkey is the real deal but that Dalkey is a real place. I'm going to bed, this place is driving me nuts. (still laughing at Amersterdamfan though!)

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
got'cha... but it still doesn't shed light on the mystery of who is the infamous, nefarious dalkey beach

i have lowered it down to a select list of suspects

1) Bono
tribeca_film_festival_01.jpg

2) The Edge
peterwolf-bono-3.jpg

3) The Edge's Cousin
cousin.jpg

4) Tom Ridge
ridge.gif

5) Henry Rollins
rollins.gif

6) Some random schmuck who just decided to F with us all
question-mark.jpg

Discuss...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OH MY, HEADACHE! i think it's rollins, yeah!

starsgoblue said:

Roy! Which one of us is smoking crack?! This is what you said on the previous page: "There ain't no Dalkey beach, no such beach exists"

:crack:

Let me make this a simple as I can for you. Dalkey does exist (I never said it didn't.) But.........Dalkey beach doesn't exist.

Headache - :lmao:

Well folks i've been around U2 chats, sites for about 7 yrs now and I've spoken to people claiming to be Edge's cousin (who was a freak...ABEL knows who i'm talking about)...I also know for a fact that U2 do check out interference...as to what their names are in posting...who knows.

Dalkey Beach...dunno...could be someone in the band, close to the band or what have you....could be someone playing with us....believe me i've done this before in U2 chat LOL...it's very easy to fool people :D

So keep a watchful eye :shifty:

Axver and babyman: :p
We'll see, and of course by "play" I mean the full song (band or acoustic Bono and Edge), not some snippets.

U2girl said:
Axver and babyman: :p
We'll see, and of course by "play" I mean the full song (band or acoustic Bono and Edge), not some snippets.

Oh, sneaky way to get out of the POE problem! Hehe. Given the 'right' world circumstances, I imagine they'll play it before Walk On, and maybe with LAPOE just for the title connection. Though they haven't done Beautiful Day/Last Night On Earth, so maybe they're not keen on connections like that.

I still say they'll play Gloria, though!

:laugh: What problem? The song was snippeted for most of the last tour, and Bono sang 2 verses or so at the end of Bad a few times during the last leg of the tour.
If we argue a song is "played" even if it's snippeted by a single line, then yes, LOTS of songs will be played.

I really don't care if the boys want to do a live cover of "Summer Holiday" on the tour - I just want them to get the album out and tour

Although my request would always be redhill mining town- not gonna happen but still...

Mullen-Girl said:
Headache - :lmao:

Well folks i've been around U2 chats, sites for about 7 yrs now and I've spoken to people claiming to be Edge's cousin (who was a freak...ABEL knows who i'm talking about)...I also know for a fact that U2 do check out interference...as to what their names are in posting...who knows.

Dalkey Beach...dunno...could be someone in the band, close to the band or what have you....could be someone playing with us....believe me i've done this before in U2 chat LOL...it's very easy to fool people :D

So keep a watchful eye :shifty:

He seems too (for want of a better word) 'smug' to be anything genuine.

u2girl, bono will do that songs only if he'll be drunk on one night!!.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ........nah, i hope you'll be right, if they would play that songs again it would be really the greatest surprise that they may give us, just wait!:wink:

Mullen-Girl said:
... I've spoken to people claiming to be Edge's cousin (who was a freak...ABEL knows who i'm talking about)...

*snort*

Edge had a "cousin" at Zootopia as well. It seems his aunts and uncles have been very productive over the years!

Another question for Dalkey.... Is there anything on the album that is recreated from the Achtung Outtakes? or similar?
Hope that meeting finishes real soon. It's almost midnight here.

Guys....I hate to burst your bubble, but Dalkey isn't even on the right continent to be who she claims to be. Yes, Dalkey is a girl.

:wink:

I find it humorous that Dalkey claimed that only 7 of the tracks that we believe are on the album are actually on there. 6 have already been confirmed by U2.com and Dalkey references 4 more in the set list. That would be 10 and he/she has now contradicted himself/herself. That proves Dalkey is full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom