MERGED--->Dalkey Beach, Where Art Thou? + Is that Vertigo+Mick mp3 genuine or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe the edge's cousin is sporting "the jennifer"

Yes the "Rachael" style that was so popular a few years back - I always thought edge had the bone structure to carry that look off

Perhaps we need pictures of the other suspects

1. Larry's third cousin
2. Adam's assistant - stunningly model like person
3. Deep Throat

Reality of the situation is , whether or not Dalkey is genuine, he is giving me a lot of speculative excitement.

As far as him "fleeing" when we started to question him; He did mention that in was 11:30pm where he was and he needed to retire for the night. So who knows, I hope he'll clear things up tomorrow.

Gosh people, you're about as gullible as it gets. He hasn't given us a single new song title.

p.s.- The "Slow Loris" was a fake. A nice guy. A Canadian even. But a fake.

Hmmm, well I do remember Dalkey was present when all of us were losing our minds over the 103.1 incident. When I was flying in my rage saying that PM should know about U2 being used and all that he said he had contact information to PM... when I asked if I could have it he said something about how he was just going to go in there himself?

I wonder...I mean if Dalkey truly is who we are speculating he might be, it's not like we would believe him if he said "Hey I'm so-and-so". :eyebrow: But the information we are getting isn't so sensational that it would cause me to think that someone is totally pulling our legs...so I'm keen to see where this goes. I know emotions are running high because everyone is so excited about the single release and the album but let's keep things at a moderate level of chaos! :wink:

everything you know is wrong

I remember him too, from the Indie 103.1 threads... and he seems quite genuine! But I've spoken to a few U2 related impostors in the past, so I can't really trust any of this. I mean, I once thought that I was having a conversation with The Edge at the old U2.com chat room. Turns out, it was just someone who knew his U2 history and his guitars very well. Now I hate to make the generalization, but I think we can sometimes be so eager for any sort of communication with the band, that we are far more open to suggestion. I personally think that if any band member or anyone close to the band were to visit a forum like this, they'd want to be anonymous. I know if it were me, that's what I'd do. So none of these big hints about being close to PM, knowing things about the album, stuff like that.

But you never know...if we happen to hear an instrumental on the new album... :wink:

Matthew_Page2000 said:
Gosh people, you're about as gullible as it gets. He hasn't given us a single new song title.

Gosh you're right oh wise one, close the thread!!! :p

Matthew_Page2000 said:
When I was flying in my rage saying that PM should know about U2 being used and all that he said he had contact information to PM... when I asked if I could have it he said something about how he was just going to go in there himself?

He just said he lived near PM I think.... I don't have the stomach for reading back through those threads right now. :drunk:

I devulged that the U2 BY U2 book has the look of Rattle and Hum.....Black,White and Orange....not the LP cover....

I also thank the user who send me the fake MP3 and awful bootlegs for me to listen too......awful...not even finished

When I get back this afternoon from meetings..I may have more for you....

Thanks Dalkey,
Any news you bring will be well received.

Also, please give us some way authenticating your involvement with the band. It sure would help as a lot of us, myself included, don't know what to believe.

This guy is saying everything we (at least I) already know and is making educated guesses on everything, I believe he's full of shit unless he can give us something CONCRETE eg. Is there an awsome solo in Vertigo, or tell us something about the Vertigo Video clip, or give us another title of a track, that will be completely harmless. Until then, I could easily impersonate this guy, he's recylcing old info and making educated guesses.

AussieU2fanman said:
This guy is saying everything we (at least I) already know and is making educated guesses on everything, I believe he's full of shit unless he can give us something CONCRETE eg. Is there an awsome solo in Vertigo, or tell us something about the Vertigo Video clip, or give us another title of a track, that will be completely harmless. Until then, I could easily impersonate this guy, he's recylcing old info and making educated guesses.

He's said that there is an instrumental on the album. That brand new info (legitimate or not).

You know what surprises me?

Given how U2 is being hush hush about this album and they even had Interscope folks playing Vertigo on their Ipods - not even hading out CDs or MP3s to radio stations - I'm not sure how anyone working with them would be allowed to go to a fan site and reveal info without the risk of being fired.

U2girl said:
You know what surprises me?

Given how U2 is being hush hush about this album and they even had Interscope folks playing Vertigo on their Ipods - not even hading out CDs or MP3s to radio stations - I'm not sure how anyone working with them would be allowed to go to a fan site and reveal info without the risk of being fired.

Interesting insight U2girl.

You know, this question, in a different form, was thrown Dalkey's way. In his respones, Dalkey alluded that he was in charge and not a mere insider with knowledge.

We will all know when the new album and book are released. If theres 11 and a half tracks on the album and the cover of the book is orange then we will know Dalkey speaks the truth.

Dalkey quote:

Actually, now that I think of it, anyone with Principle Management that posts on these fan sites likely stand a good chance of getting fired

Not if they work for you!

Saying there's a song on the album without vocals isn't enough for me, he should tell us a name of a track that hasn't ALREADY been confirmed. What does revealing a track name do to anything? It can't affect sales by revealing a track name early! fuck! Or tell us if there's an awsome solo in Vertigo. These are reasonable questions. Please answer them Dalkey to prove you are for real. Or tell us another bit of info that is specific, and not so vague.

There is a bleeding Dalkey Castle and a Dalkey Island/ beach, suburb in Ireland, nimrods....

Dalkey is just as posh as Killiney-these burbs are called "Bel Eire" because of thier beauty and amount of celebrity residents. Dalkey's not the ghetto!

Last edited:
Perhaps you'd like to see Dalkey Beach's idea for the opening tour setlist in the Tour forum

Vertigo
All Because of You
Gloria
In Gods Country
Exit
Love and Peace or Else
Peace on Earth
Walk On
Do You Feel Loved
God Part II
Tough
Stuck in a Moment
Electric Co.
Wire
Hands That Built America
Elevation
Full Metal Jacket

With or Without You
New Years Day
Pride

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm

I'll eat my hat if they ever play Electric co, Gloria, Wire, Exit, God part II, Do you feel loved or Peace on earth again.
And only 3 of the biggest hits, no Streets and only 5 new songs?

Last edited:
The more i visit this forum, the more it's resembles the gospel. Is Dalkey the baby jesus or not? With things to proof to the unbelieveble Thomas' on this forum. Well if you're gonna ask the guy for proof, come with something good. Reveal the curtain, let him post the bloody songs! Or you guys, just wait til it's out. Internet, its waisting my time, it's worse than television.

Watch more tv=put your snaut agains the monitor. :bow:

Well i'm gonna go to a cd/vinyl fair next weekend, maybe that stolen disc is available over there. Hard copy rules!

starsgoblue said:
There is a bleeding Dalkey Castle and a Dalkey Island/ beach, suburb in Ireland, nimrods....

Dalkey is just as posh as Killiney-these burbs are called "Bel Eire" because of thier beauty and amount of celebrity residents. Dalkey's not the ghetto!

nimrods? I posted an article about Dalkey Beach and Bono's "mansion" on the first page. :p

Hey at least I quoted the right person this time though? :sexywink:

Amsterdamfan said:

put your snaut agains the monitor. :bow:

:lol:

If you didn't notice, not everyone beLIEves in Dalkey Beach. Everything you know is wrong, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom