MERGED-->Crumbs from Your Table Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Freedman

War Child
Crumbs From Your Table Appreciation Thread

Man, this album is freaking great!!! I really love Crumbs From Your Table, despite the reviews. Edge's guitar gives me the chills!

Does anyone else think the reviews were so wrong on this one???

Amazing song. One of the best from the album for me.

Re: Crumbs From Your Table Appreciation Thread

Mark Freedman said:

Does anyone else think the reviews were so wrong on this one???

*raises hand*

They were VERY wrong.

Incredible, what a chorus!!! Lyrics are great, and Edge's guitar is so fresh and exciting. This song is amazing....what a way to spend my saturday, playing the whole album straight again and again. The best part is I keep hearing EVERY song, not just picking my favorites. Every song is great, am I dreaming? PINCH ME!!!

Yeah well, it's not bad - but it's one of my least favourites on the album. Compared to the other tunes, well--- it might grow on me.

My fav from the album

My favorite right now from the album after two listens.

Great riff, great melody, great vocals...

Unique sound but immediately accessible....

Just a fantastic song.

Is it me or does Man and a Woman have an r&b element to it? Another fav that some reviewers were so-so about...

Original of the species - the doo, doo's ruin the song for me! Ugh! I like it otherwise but why? THAT was a mistake.

COBL is beautiful and does sound like UF(my fav album) but the bridge should have been improved/different. Almost loses it there....

They should send the album to me first when it's finished to suggest some adjustments :)

One Step Closer: Thank god they did not end the album with that song. Too obvious. This one sounds unfinished and does remind of Grace/Peace on Earth. Should have replaced with a better version of AYGWForever.

Otherwise, this album IS a masterpiece. No doubt about it.

Crumbs from Your Table = Walk On Part II

I've listened to it about 5 times now, and i'm sure that this song is Walk On part II. the intro, with Edge's chiming gutiar, the bassline during the chorus, the drums, the guitar solo, the tempo of the song.

the funny thing is that it's Walk On part II, but it sounds really new and fresh. U2 really scored big on this album!

It doesn't sound like WO II to me but maybe I got to listen to it a bit more. And believe me I will cause that song kicks ass. :wink: I wonder why the reviewers said it was the worst song. :scratch:

No idea what you're talking about.

Sonically, it's closer to ISHFWILF. Thematically, it's nowhere related to Walk On. It's Crumbs From Your Table, Part I of I.

Yea, I don't see Walk On at all.

Walk on is a VERY weak song compared to Crumbs.

Crumbs is so original... the song stucture is magnificent....could go on and on....Bono has timed the vocals right...in a couple of other songs his timing was off here and there... but not here....the intro and outro are perfect...

Walk On, although I like it, is almost boring compared to Crumbs IMO.

You guys...I was anticipating "Crumbs..." to be the worst track. I haven't listened to the leaks, but if what you guys say is true, this album could very well be better than ATYCLB (which I love) :hyper:

Last edited:
When I listen to this song I don't understand how the reviews could possibly act like it is weak or a filler. It fits right into the album and is very strong IMO.

It's part of the trilogy walk on-electrical storm-crumbs of your table ;-)

I have to say I don't think OSC should be on the album.

Other then that, if I could make about 10 small changes and a couple big ones, including vocal timing, bridges, outro, intro, a bunch of smaller stuff, then the album would be in the running with Achtung as their best album ever. No question.

Back
Top Bottom