MERGED-->Could Bomb be the Best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Could Bomb be the Best ?

I realize it is still very early, but some people already think this could be their best album. I'm not sure yet, but I definetly won't disagree yet.

UF, JT, & AB all capture a certain time and place and have some classic tunes. I think Bomb is wonderfully lush in sound and has some great diversity in its tracks. I think this sets it apart from the other U2 albums in a good way.

It may very well prove to be the best if it produces a few classic songs that stand the test of time.

Only time will tell. With U2, you can't just look at the tracks on an album. You have to see how they go together on tour, how they're performed. You also have to see how they stand up to the test of time.

Yes it can be the best its definatly at least tied with the best for me right now.

so hard to tell at this point--this album has grown so much (on me) in two days. I will say, though, that it is the least cohesive album they have made--the songs (while I do love them) don't necessarily seem to fit together--it seems this seems to work against it being the best album they have made...

It could be, but I don't think we'll know for a few years. It took AB and some of the songs on it nearly 10 years to become recognised as maybe U2's best album.

But Bomb does seem to be head and shoulders above ATYCLB apart from a couple of the tracks like Stuck and BD which are now "classics".

Its 6 in the morning. I;ve heard this album at least 15 times staright now, its just brilliant. But I had to hear it drunk to give it my complete break-down. And now that I can confirm that I am :drunk: .....this is one of their best albums to date!!!

By my standards, it's definitely the best.

... though considering that I don't rank Achtung Baby in my top five, that may mean diddlysquat to some of you!

i am sorry to say to you all but you are so imature (even stupids)
i do not care if the album sell a lot or not if people like it or not if critic make good reviews or not. i just care i love it, it's brilliant, it's my album, just mine and less people like it more mine it will be. i hope that just a few people like it, i think that is the mark of a true classic u2, because they are about crossing frontiers and in a world so mainstream, i do not want that who likes madona, britney,and the stupid e weak english scene, likes this masterpiece. you all have to grow as a person and as a true music lover.

Well, since i don't have anything but vertigo and i am desperate for it, i think i am going to leave my address all over the places (no one is replying anymore in the requests thread).

Please drop the bomb (except vertigo) in:

rgirao@mail.telepac.pt

thank you so much

bedouin fire said:
Well, since i don't have anything but vertigo and i am desperate for it, i think i am going to leave my address all over the places (no one is replying anymore in the requests thread).

Please drop the bomb (except vertigo) in:

rgirao@mail.telepac.pt

thank you so much

I just send you Miracle Drug...its like 7:00 in the morning over here, Im tired as hell from a late night, what other songs do you want before I pass out?

RademR,

first of all, i love you. i recieved md, thanks a lot.

well, for the remaining songs, sycmioyo and one step closer would be nice.

Well, anything you want really.

thanks again, your slave riko

It's one of their best, time will tell if it stays up there with AB and JT. Right now I would put it 3rd because I've only had it for a few days, but I think with the addition of "Fast Cars" it will challenge both of them for their greatest work.

as you wish16 said:
Only time will tell. With U2, you can't just look at the tracks on an album. You also have to see how they stand up to the test of time.

I am a ATYCLB lover, that meant a lot to me. It helped a lot. Im talking about myself, not 9/11. I tough this would never top it.

I was dead wrong

Its too early too tell, but I think It's gonna be the biggest. Hope they don't mean to go out with an atomic bang.

JT was my favorite album ever for 17 years. I've been a huge music fan since the mid 70's.

As I was saying, JT "was" my favorite album.

Sorry guys:

This is NOT their best album. When ATYCLB came out, I was blinded by all the publicity and hype and I rated that their best album. MAN, was I wrong!! I vowed not to make that mistake again.

I love HTDAAB. It really is a great and strong album. It's not their best. HTDAAB might one day be part of a holy "Ablum trinity" along with JT and AB. But it's just way to early to tell. I do think it has great chance!!!

Ok I have now heard "Vertigo", "A Man And A Woman" and "Crumbs From Your Table" in full..I love Vertigo, think AMAAW is a solid pop song, but really I do not know what to make of 'Crumbs yet...it seems slightly awkward. I hope the rest of the album is better when I buy it!

ultraviolet353 said:
I will say, though, that it is the least cohesive album they have made--the songs (while I do love them) don't necessarily seem to fit together--it seems this seems to work against it being the best album they have made...

I have to totally agree with this, ultraviolet. I enjoy the album a great deal, so far, but I do feel that a certain cohesiveness or solid flow is missing. For me, it doesn't and (I'm pretty sure, but could be wrong) won't ever even begin to approach Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree , or Pop . Beyond that, I'm not so sure where she fits in, just yet. Gotta' be clustered in with The Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa , I think, which pretty much tie for fourth place on my little list. Time will tell the tale, but for me it's nowhere near number one.

A lot of bad lyrics (I think), a lot of bad vocal performances (or bad vocal performances covered up with showy or overdone production), and a couple of good-but-not-great songs towards the end of the album rob it of my own "classic" stamp....for now. At this point, calling this album U2's best sounds like crazy talk to me....total insanity.

RademR said:
Its 6 in the morning. I;ve heard this album at least 15 times staright now, its just brilliant. But I had to hear it drunk to give it my complete break-down. And now that I can confirm that I am :drunk: .....this is one of their best albums to date!!!

RademR....I have to agree with you 100%. I have been in love with this album for the past few days, even to the point of staying up til the sunlight was peeking out because I couldn't stop listening to it. But the true test of any album does come in those lucid moments of being 'comfortably numb'. Well, this empy bottle of Shiraz and me say this album is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I've said it before and I'll say it again....this album makes me wish I was in love, because there is something so essentially docile and loving in this album and to listen to it alone is very tragic....My appreciation for this album is growing deeper with every listen.

Last edited:
If you shout...

I respectfully disagree. Strongly, but respectfully. Disagree, totally and complete disagree. Respectively. Really.

Disagree.

Respectably.

:wave:

:wave: :wave:

Mark Freedman said:
If you shout...

I respectfully disagree. Strongly, but respectfully. Disagree, totally and complete disagree. Respectively. Really.

Disagree.

Respectably.

:wave:

:wave: :wave:

That's totally cool, but I'd like to probe you for a bit of info, if you don't mind. I'm curious about a couple of things.

1) Do you, in fact, think that this is and will remain your number one U2 album?

2) Do you think that the album has a good flow and cohesiveness?

3) What do you think about my claims regarding what I thought were bad lyrics in the songs (though I'll admit that, like in "Elevation," they're usually tempered with a couple of great moments), bad/forced vocals, etc.?

Rock on, either way. I DO love the album, and I suppose that's what it's all really about, no?

:wink:

1) It remains to be seen, to be honest. I'm sure the intoxication of a new album plays into it. But I have never felt like this about any U2 album. I have not even been tempted to listen to old U2 in the least, since I heard this. After listening to every other album for the first few times, I always went back to some old classics to compare, etc. I have not even SLIGHTLY been tempted. I'm sure I will go back to old stuff in a few weeks. But I am so in love with this, I can't even describe it.

2) Actually, I do like the flow. It seems right to me. But I can understand why some people wouldn't. Heck, even Bono and The Edge had a row about it.

3) The only time I really ever cringed at U2 lyrics was when I first heard AB. I honestly love the lyrics for HTDAAB. This is my favorite lyrical U2 album since R&H.

Yes, you are correct -- that's all it's really about. :)

No album of U2 that I have listened to from start to finish has hit me like this. There's a natural cohesiveness to be found on this album that other albums don't have (that probably doesn't make sense). 3 days later and it's still the best U2 album to date, even greater than the Joshua Tree\Achtung Baby. I don't think they can top this in the future. Perhaps they won't, perhaps this is the end of U2, and that's why they're going out with bomb blast. And I'm fine with that, they have done enough......

Back
Top Bottom