MERGED-->Could Bomb be the Best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The flow of this album is awesome!!

especially COBL--ABOY--AMAAW--CFYT now that is some great flow!!

AussieU2fanman said:
No album of U2 that I have listened to from start to finish has hit me like this. There's a natural cohesiveness to be found on this album that other albums don't have (that probably doesn't make sense). 3 days later and it's still the best U2 album to date, even greater than the Joshua Tree\Achtung Baby. I don't think they can top this in the future. Perhaps they won't, perhaps this is the end of U2, and that's why they're going out with bomb blast. And I'm fine with that, they have done enough......

I personally disagree with you about the album's perceived cohesiveness and about it being their best album, but that's not what I was drawn to in your response. What I was drawn to was this...

I unfortunately have to agree with you that they probably can't ever top this album with their future releases. Some of the highest points on this album are just SO high (and I really only truly DISLIKE one song on the album..."A Man and a Woman")...I don't think it can ever be topped again. If they prove us wrong, I'll be one happy motherfucker, but I just don't think it can happen.

In my eyes, they've been taking steps backward since Pop , which was a masterpiece for me. I think that when taken as a FULL album and not just a few fucking killer songs, All That You Can't Leave Behind was a GIGANTIC step backward. I think that the new album is better than that album, but I still think it's a bit of a step down from what I feel are their classic albums.

I guess the fundamental distinction, for me, is the one between "great" and "classic." For me, calling this new album "classic" is fucking ridiculous.....but calling it anything other than "great" is just as crazy.

So who reckons Atomic is their best??

I think this is their best LP and I have loved them since Joshua. Didn't think they could make such an inspiring, beautiful record. They were born to make this album. I can't stop listening to this album. It has replaced Achtung as my favourite LP of all time.

Anyone think the same? Interested in seeing if its just me.

I am one of the HTDAAB virgins and from the songs that I have heard (about six of them) and from the lyrics that I've read (all of them), I can assure you that HTDAAB is ONE OF U2'S BEST ALBUMS, if not the best!:yes:

I say this because of the tremendous insights into human nature -especially Bono's human nature - which is revealed in HTDAAB.

U2's magic lies in their ability to TOUCH THE HUMAN HEART in its deepest places and in ways that no one else has reached us before. :angel:

With HTDAAB being the culmination of all of U2's life experiences, both personally and professionally (especially the passing of Bono's da), it undoubtedly IS THEIR GREATEST WORK YET!

And I have been following U2 and their music for over 23 years - hopefully I can speak from experience. :hug:

ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

Nope - HTDAAB is nowhere near as good as UF or AB.

As of this moment, I rank HTDAAB equal to ATYCLB. Both contain some of U2's best and some of U2's most mediocre.

Of course, U2's "mediocre" is another band's best! :wink:

Still, I felt AB (despite a misstep with "Trying to Throw...") is a far more emotional and superior album.

HTDAAB is also similar to JT - barring a few exceptions, most songs blend into each other. Those who love JT probably adore HTDAAB. I don't hate JT, but I also don't think it's U2's best (by far). So this might explain why I'm not all gung-ho on HTDAAB.

Still, it contains some of the best music I've heard this year. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom