MERGED --> "Complete U2" errors - report HERE + Complete U2 PDF - Probs+ Paint It Bla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ltoroguapo

Babyface
Complete U2 PDF - Probs

Can someone email me the PDF for the Complete U2? I was downloading Complete... through iTunes while Firewall software was running. I think it did something to the PDF. I receive errors when trying to open the pdf. I have emails out to iTunes engineering to try to resolve. Anyone else see this issue?

Problem with PDF resolved

Problem: Downloaded the Complete U2 PDF as part of iTunes download.

Upon trying to open file, received error msgs. File size reported as 64b. Was running NAV Internet security when downloading.

Was on Adobe Reader 4.x

Solution:

1. Upgraded to to Adobe Reader 6.0

2. Received another file from interference member

3. Had to Unblock file from Properties of the .pdf file

4. Can view file all fine-and-dandy now...

"Complete U2" errors - report HERE

I am looking for the pdf booklet that came with the box. I have the box, but the pdf that came with it was labelled "blank.pdf" and is nothing but 33 pages of huge x-es on a white background.

Can anyone drop me an email with it?
jmelrose@mac.com

I've emailed Apple about it but apparently it's too complex for customer service, it's been forward to tech support.

Also: the track "A Sort of Homecoming (Live at Wembley)" is listed as a 12 second song. That's also been reported to iTunes customer service, although the more people who report it the faster they're likely to get moving on fixing it.

Any other clerical or audio quality errors found in the set yet by anyone else?

Heck yeah I found another problem... in the latest version of iTunes for Mac (4.7) when I tried to listen to the 30-sec clip of "New York (live from farmclub.com)" it crashes the entire program without warning, 7 seconds into the clip.

Other than that, so far so good.

I see that. Thanks.
I've filed complaints with support regarding the pdf file, the 12-second "A Sort of Homecoming" and the New York remix. I urge all other purchasers of the set to do the same. Ideally they should do one for each specific issue they are having. Apple was very good about getting back to me during the day today.

Ive got the PDF but none of the damn songs I want lol. Thats changing soon though thanks to a nice user on this forum :wink:

Ive since stopped my bitching and groveling.

How do I access the PDF file? Which directory was it supposed to be downloaded to? I can't find it anywhere on my machine. The rest of Complete U2 downloaded fine, with the exception of the 2 song files with errors as mentioned by others.

Added: Oops. Nevermind. I was looking on the wrong drive. I found it on the external drive in my iTunes library folder.

Last edited:
jmelrose said:
I see that. Thanks.
I've filed complaints with support regarding the pdf file, the 12-second "A Sort of Homecoming" and the New York remix. I urge all other purchasers of the set to do the same. Ideally they should do one for each specific issue they are having. Apple was very good about getting back to me during the day today.

Hi mate, i have the same probs as you on those 2 tracks....im new to itunes so whats the procedure for informing them??? cheers...

jmelrose said:
Go to the itunes music store, click on the support button on the main page, and choose your headache type...

nice one thank you.... i'll let you know the outcome!!!!

i think ive found another problem..... the wild horses temple bar mix is paint it black on mine.... although on the preview its the correct track????!!!!! weird....
anyone else have this problem????

also rattle and hum, new years day and the first best of dont have the correct coverart, just the generic boxset art??? not a big deal but a bit again, weird...

Last edited:
chrissybaby said:
i think ive found another problem..... the wild horses temple bar mix is paint it black on mine.... although on the preview its the correct track????!!!!! weird....
anyone else have this problem????

yup... a report is on the way...
Everyone else make sure to also report it. The more squeaky wheels... etc.

itunes emailed me back saying i could redownload the selection for no extra charge, but the songs are at fault at their end!!!! its not that they didnt come down properly, they are damaged files...
i've emailed them back to see what they can do, i get the impression that they were sent from u2 faulty, and apple cant really do much at the moment.

Chrissy,

Exactly. reply to the email and point that out. I already did in my report to them. They sent one back saying it was being passed on to tech support. All my issues have been passed on to tech support. Sigh... I hate tech support.

I was going to download the boxset this weekend, but I think I'll wait until they work out all of these problems.

I've sent in my complaints. Still waiting for resolution on all of them, including the PDF. For those that didn't get it, it should have been the first thing that downloaded when you purchased the box set.

all they have done in the uk itunes store is deleted the track "A Sort of Homecoming (Live at Wembley)" .... thats so cheeky!!! so now there is one less song in the boxset!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom