MERGED --> Collector's Edition (CD+DVD) = Already Sold Out? + Will HMV Canada Have..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are actually 4 versions from what I can tell (for the USA):

Standard CD

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006399FS/

Import (from Japan, includes "Fast Cars" extra track)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002XVSRE/

Deluxe Edition (includes DVD)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00068IOWC/

Collector's Edition (includes DVD AND Hardbound Book)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00068IOWM/

It's this last version (Collector's) that is no longer available on Amazon's site. However, I found it on CD Universe for $27.99:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6797349

As for a "box set".... not sure what you guys mean. Perhaps you are referring to the Collector's version. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I procrastinated as well and was having a hard time finding the one w/ the book...

It is available at CD Universe, not a bad price either. Came to around $35 with shipping.

well this is what I ordered and I hope it's the Box Set with the book and Fast Cars, from www.Amazon.co.uk

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb [CD + DVD] [Box Set] [LIMITED EDITION]
U2

Our Price: £16.99
(Approx: $26.83)

Xavier

I went to borders today and was able to pre-order it without any problems
but I have a feeling that these will go fast

edited to add that people are already writting customer reviews for the album - oppsy!

Last edited:
I am more than confused.

Please help my limited capacity to understand all these choices :wink: .

Simply put: what is the best of these choices to buy where you will get Fast Cars, the hardbound book and the DVD?

In short, where can I get all of these for the best price online?

I plan on preordering today, but I need this clarification.:up:

Sorry if I appear a bit dense. I am Bono's age and have been following U2 for over 23 years.

We never had all these choices. My God, I still have my U2 albums! :lol:

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

macphistofreak said:
Ok, I'm getting a wee bit confused. :huh:
There are 3 versions, correct?
What comes with each one and which one is the best?
Thanks!

There's the regular CD with 11 songs

There's the CD with the DVD (containing HQ video, interview with the band, and I think Sometimes you can't make it on your own and another song will be done acoustically)

And there's the special edition with 12 songs (CD, DVD + 48 page booklet AND Fast cars on it) however Japanese and UK editions of How to dismantle... will also have Fast cars as far as I know

Errrr...I think.

Last edited:
for canadians (any perhaps anyone if hmv.ca will ship anywhere)...

searching for the album on amazon.ca returns results similar to what our american friends report here.

searching for the album on amazon associated hmv.ca, however, still allows one to pick up the limited edition. don't know why that is but i pre-ordered.

The collector's edition should have Fast Cars. If it doesn't, f*** the band, I am illegally downloading it. I am usually against illegal downloads, but if I spend the money for the collector's, it better have the extra song.

Collector's edition is now BACK on Amazon for pre-sale ordering. Check out my link above!

amazon.co.uk still has the old rumored tracklisting (including full metal jacket/native son etc) shown for all the versions of the cd, which is slightly unhelpful...

Ok, should I preorder it now then? Or can I wait till the day its released to go to Borders or wherever?
I really wanted to wait till the day it was released, because I wanted the excitement of walking into the store, finding the cd, jumping up and down, briefly comtemplating whether I should steal the store's poster or not, buying it, then rushing to my car in a state of pure happiness and singing at the top of my lungs on the way home.
I'm sorry, I've never experienced a new album release before.
:hyper: :faint:
How long will it take to get here if I order it online? I'm going to be in CA for all of Thanksgiving break, from Wednesday to Sunday, so I don't want my poor little package sitting in the cold.

I just pre-ordered it by phone at Borders. The girl was cool and ordered one of each for me, since she had no idea which one was which, lol.

I'm going to call Best Buy and see if they can do better than $39. :hmm:

PS - Amazon is saying that the collector's edition is no longer available. I hope that Borders will have it. :|

There will be close to 1 million copies of this `limited edition', so shouldn't be a problem with availability - it's just that you might have to order on-line if local outlets sell up.

Mike

I wouldnt fret people. Seriously.

I *just* got off the phone with the FYE at the local mall where I'm friends with a manager and had a discussion about this very subject because when I read it, I got concerned myself.

It was explained to me that not only FYE but EVERY online shop that has actual stores (i.e Best Buy, Circuit City, etc) keep their online stock seperate from their in house stock. Some stores do in-store pickup but only that option becomes unavailable if they're sold out. I trust this guy, he's managed media stores for 10 years now.

So basically even if a online shop is sold out, there will be copies of it in the actual store. The FYE near me (outside Philly about 40 miles west) is getting 10 of them and I'll be there at opening so I know I'll get one even if I have to twat some woman in the head to get it and I dont think it will come to that at all. He also said that Best Buy will probably get about the same because Best Buy's sales are focused on equipment/appliances and CDs are considered "dressing" sales. Come buy a DVD player and a couple of DVDs! Best Buy's focus is not on music sales like FYE or Sam Goody.

You also got to figure that while the album will sell boatloads most people get the regular CD version (or the deluxe with DVD) and don't even bother with collectors editions because of the price, and if you're there at opening or at a midnight sale, well it's taken care of right there, theres no midnight sales around me and Im not going to the city for one. I know theres lots of U2 fans out there but the fanatics like us that buy anything with their likeness on it are in the minority.

In fact, every so-called limited edition that I can think of that has been released in the last few years I can still find at even my local mom and pop stores. It's not going to be hard to come by if you want it.

Will HMV canada have the box set?

I can pre order it right now from amazon.ca for 41.99 CDN$ but then if i order it it will not come right away but if i wait till the release date then i may one not have it in canadian music stores or be all sold out. Help what should i do? order it now and wait till i get it or wait till teusday and get it then??? any ideas??

God so much indecisiveness on this forum, remind me to stay away when tour tickets go on sale. It's going to be excruciating reading people get wacked over that.

Why dont you decide for yourself? I highly doubt HMV won't be carrying it, just order it and save yourself the trouble of going to the music store. If you dont get it by release date, then shell out a few more dollars and get a regular version to listen to in the meantime.

THE REASON WHY I DONT DECIDE FOR MYSELF IS BECAUSE I DON"T KNOW IF CANADA WILL HAVE IT IN STORES!!! PLUS THIS IS A FORUM FOR U@ RELATED TOPICS AND I FOR ONE COME HERE TO GET INFO AND THIS IS ANOTHER BIT OF INFO I WANTED SO I COUL DECIDE!!!

dabiggestu2fan said:
THE REASON WHY I DONT DECIDE FOR MYSELF IS BECAUSE I DON"T KNOW IF CANADA WILL HAVE IT IN STORES!!! PLUS THIS IS A FORUM FOR U@ RELATED TOPICS AND I FOR ONE COME HERE TO GET INFO AND THIS IS ANOTHER BIT OF INFO I WANTED SO I COUL DECIDE!!!

Chill out homey, if you're this uptight about it just order it and it'll be taken care of, you may have to wait another day or so but you'll be assured of getting it.

It's not going to sell out. This "limited" pressing is a lot more extensive than we think. Most people dont want to shell out 30 bucks when they can get the regular CD version or the one with just the DVD. Only the hardcores are going to buy the limited.

And it's already been confirmed thats its going to be available in Canada. Breathe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom