MERGED --> CD:UK Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Here is the setlist from todays CD:UK taping in front of 150 people at the Riverside studios, London:

Vertigo (with backing tapes; like TOTP yesterday)
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

The band arrived 3 hours behind schedule. Planned was a ~30 minutes set. As you can see the final set was much shorter. SYCMIOYO had to be played twice because Bono wasn't satisfied with the song after the first minute. "

macphisto.net

Zoovation said:
"Here is the setlist from todays CD:UK taping in front of 150 people at the Riverside studios, London:

City of Blinding Lights

The band arrived 3 hours behind schedule. Planned was a ~30 minutes set. As you can see the final set was much shorter. SYCMIOYO had to be played twice because Bono wasn't satisfied with the song after the first minute. "

macphisto.net

I hope someone got a recording of this!!!

No nobody could record the songs because it wasn't allowed, even the mobile phones!

Then we must do it with reports of SYCMIOYO, based on all the previews, i think it's one of the best songs. I'm curious.....

Cd:uk

when is this supposed to air? hopefully someone will post it cause we cant see any of this in the states.....

CD:UK Set

From macphisto.net...

Here is the setlist from todays CD:UK taping in front of 150 people at the Riverside studios, London:

City of Blinding Lights

The band arrived 3 hours behind schedule. Planned was a ~30 minutes set. As you can see the final set was much shorter. SYCMIOYO had to be played twice because Bono wasn't satisfied with the song after the first minute.

Fuck man... I really want to hear Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. What happened that the band was 3 hours late?

I've just heard that they did Miracle Drug too! Did anyone record this?! Somebody must've brought along recording equipment. I'm dying to hear SYCMIOYO and MD!!

I really hope someone did! I heard it from someone who was there and posted about it on the U2 community at LiveJournal:

"I posted yesterday that I was seeing U2 on CD:UK, and i've just got back. We had to wait for six hours because they were late, but it was worth it. There were only 270 people in the building, and I managed to get right to the front of the walkway!!! They were only about a metre away from me, and I seriously thought I was going to throw up when they came on. They all look good - Adam is looking particularly good :)
They were awesome - I don't know how muh of the new album everyone's heard, but they played a four song set of 'Vertigo', 'Miracle Drug', 'City of Blinding Lights' and 'Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own'. All of the songs were amazing - 'Miracle Drug' is a very beautiful song. If the album is anything like the songs they played tonight, then it'll be awesome.
Anyways, yeah, just thought i'd let you know how it all went. Look out for me on CD:UK - i'm the girl with the red top and brown patterned scarf who's staring in a trance like state at Bono."

Wouldn't it be something if we could get City of Blinding Lights and All Because of You in high quality? Why isn't there a 50 page long thread like there was last night? :eyebrow:

Argh, someone better have recorded Miracle Drug :mad: It's suposed to be the best song on the album.

Maybe if we post here more it will show up on the hot topics spot on the main site and more people will come....?

OMG :drool: :faint: ...please, someone who recorded anything at all, post something

Because all the hype from last night, people still trying to get COBL and ABOY. There was an interview on TV, but no new songs or anything. It was quite amusing....

is this a different performance than the TOTP's set?

no recording?

not allowed. That never stopped anyone before because we know that U2 doesn't really care. I'm sure there must have been a stealth taper in the audience.

JOFO said:
is this a different performance than the TOTP's set?

Yeah, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own wasn't played on BBC. If layla's right, Miracle Drug wasn't either.

If it was inside a studio with just about 200 in, it's actually very possible that they checked every single person coming in and took anything that could possibly record, including cellphones, cameras, etc. For the BBC performance, it would have been pointless to try to prevent people from recording it, because it was outside.

And only 200 people really lowers the chance of somebody recording it in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if there are in facts no recordings of this, but of course if there is it's great. We should have some reports by that time, though! I can't believe no one who was there would post a detailed report somewhere on the net...

the fact that you can download the interview means that there has to be a recording of the songs they played.

Back
Top Bottom