MERGED --> CD:UK Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone tell me some more about SYCMIOYO, and Miracle Drug. I'm very curious about those songs, are they even better than City Of Blinding Lights?

Herco said:
Can someone tell me some more about SYCMIOYO, and Miracle Drug. I'm very curious about those songs, are they even better than City Of Blinding Lights?

Miracle Drug - a deep, swooning, electrical ballad. Think the edginess of Acrobat meets the beautifulness of WGRYWH.

SYCMIOYO - another ballad, but this time more personal. Bono croons about his dad in lyrics that, for the first time ever, aren't hidden behind metaphors. Strings, heavy bassline, and Edge's classic guitar sound make this another classic U2 track.

the interview aired yesterday on british tv and was recorded in monaco a week or two back.

the live set was only recorded yesterday and won't air until next week (and even then, I think they'll only air Vertigo....)

so we're relying on someone having smuggled in some recording equipment of some kind.....

Murray said:

Miracle Drug - a deep, swooning, electrical ballad. Think the edginess of Acrobat meets the beautifulness of WGRYWH.

SYCMIOYO - another ballad, but this time more personal. Bono croons about his dad in lyrics that, for the first time ever, aren't hidden behind metaphors. Strings, heavy bassline, and Edge's classic guitar sound make this another classic U2 track.

Acrobat meets WGRYWH :shocked: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
And SYCMIOYO is someting like "One"?

i thought the interview was o.k. yeah i agree cat deely was flirting with them big time, that or in totally in awe of them. was pretty disappointed that adam and larry only got 1 line each in the interview, it sounds like adam has picked up a lisp

(larry) "bono, this is your life":wink:

wow, we will see Vertigo next week and CD:UK usually like to show another track off a new album (which doesn't necessarily have to be a single, so Im hoping we might get to see more of the recording from there)

CD:UK are very strict with what you take in you have to hand you coats and bags in and you arn't allowed anything whatsoever in the studio so Im not suprised we havent heard/seen anything.

Shame cos it sounded amazing from outside. Lucky people who got in!

Last edited:
So, what did you think of the new songs? Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own???

Here is to hoping that some of these live studio recordings make it on to a B-side much like the farmclub versions of New York (fantastic!) and Beautiful Day!

Back
Top Bottom