MERGED-->Canadian/MuchMoreMusic U2 special + U2: Dismantled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone in Canada see this (I'm sure someone did)?

How about some feedback on this MuchMusic special.

Even better, did anyone record it?

I really hope so.

Is this the "U2:Dismantled" program?

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Excuse me - I meant "U2:Dismantled".

It's been a hard holiday for me.

I think the U2 Dismantled (visit to Dublin and interview w/ Bono and Larry) is airing on New Year's Eve.

Yes it is airing on new years eve and being repeated many times after that I just looked.

Please tape it for the rest of us if possible, fah.

It'll be a great way to start out the new year - sharing the U2 Love with the rest of us. :yes:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:wink:

Jamila said:
Please tape it for the rest of us if possible, fah.

It'll be a great way to start out the new year - sharing the U2 Love with the rest of us. :yes:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:wink:

I will do my best...in other words Mr fah will help me :yes:

So that was pretty good.

My favorite part:

Larry, on selling out and keeping it real: "You wanna keep it real? Go work in a f***ing coalmine."

:lol:

Ya it was okay, i really wanted to see the whole performance of Miracle Drug. I don't understand why they went all the way to Dublin, and then only give us 22mins. It should have been a full hour at least.

What was that stuff about the original record company wanting Larry out of the band??

i was expecting that it would run for an hour too... oh well. 30 minutes is better than nothing.

it was quite good, actually, despite the shortness factor. they talked to gavin friday and paul mcguiness, which was a nice touch. and happily the person they sent to interview the boys was not one of the usual ding dongs--hannah asked some great questions.

u2 on new years day--not a bad way to start out the new year!

:hyper:

Ya the Gavin Friday and McGuiness stuff was really cool, the Principal Managment Offices looked really cool, something i had never seen before.

I thought the interview was nice and overall it was one of the better interviews ive seen...asked some pointed questions that people here complain about such as their definition of selling out, and I totally agree with what they said...only bad thing was they didnt show the full Miracle Drug but that wasnt what the show was supposed to be about it was supposed to be an interview which it was so I didnt expect much more then that.

Ill watch it again later and try to tape it if I can get my digital cable box to work with my VCR.

Will watch it at 8, I've been too busy to catch it thus far.

Good interview; I was impressed by the questions that Hannah asked.

Originally posted by maro_chik

My favorite part:

Larry, on selling out and keeping it real: "You wanna keep it real? Go work in a f***ing coalmine."

Probably my favourite part, too. And how true.

Did i hear the promos wrong for this show? I thought they said "Plus, a special performance of the new track 'Miracle Drug'."?

Showing a few seconds of footage of another tv show's performance of MD (which we've all seen online) hardly qualifies.

Here you are profiling the world's biggest band's members and their MUSIC, yet you don't show the latest performance (dumbass music channels).

I wouldn't be surprised if a longer version of this interview is edited for a future date.

It was a good interview. I loved the question about what it means to be a man (and how she introduced the idea by saying that there has been much discussion of what it means to be a woman in this day and age). Gavin's bits were fun and funny.

anitram said:
It was a good interview. I loved the question about what it means to be a man (and how she introduced the idea by saying that there has been much discussion of what it means to be a woman in this day and age). Gavin's bits were fun and funny.

sounds interesting.
what was the answer to that question about what it means to be a man?
who answered it?

Some things they said in the first 1/3:

Bono said how he got in a cab in LA 3 months ago and a guy told him how the new album has been their best yet. It wasn't out yet and he hadn't heard it but he was sure it would be amazing. Bono said, in Dublin, you get in a taxi and they'd tell you, track 5 sucks, 7, what the hell were you thinking?

Larry talked about the first and second albums, how difficult it was, and how ever album since has been much more difficult, you have to have integrity in your music.

Bono says you're looking for something that's almost impossible - to do anything that's great. Turns out that "very good" can be the enemy of great, because you get very good by just being around and that's not enough. Had to go back to the music they listened to when they were teenagers. To try and remember why they wanted to be in a band, it's why it feels like their first album.

Bono says that naivete and innocence are powerful, things that they didn't know are the ones that made them strong. Boy was about knowing they would lose the innocence and HTDAAB is knowing they'd lost it, and wanting it back.

Bono quotes ABOY, as a band, they want to go back to that place, as a band. Originally going to call the album "How to build an atomic bomb". He wanted to write about what was going on in the wider world, the anxiety and danger of the times we are living in, but then he stopped and started writing about what was going on in his interior world, and that of the people around him. You tend to draw closer to your family and friends in dangerous times, a feeling is so much stronger than a thought.

This is a great interview. Very refreshing with new thoughts from the band which I have never seen before.

Back
Top Bottom