MERGED-->Bono talks new record + New Album 2003 or 2004?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ATYCLB has wonderful guitars all over it. As does Pop, AB, hell even Zooropa has great strange guitars everywhere. Bono likes to talk alot.

New album: 2003 or 2004?

Until today, I was pretty confident that by new years eve, we'd have a new U2 album. But now, I'm not so sure. Bono said this year OR early 2004. That usually means it's gonna be pushed back. Edge said that the songs are just in the beginning. They had me convinced that they were progressing very quickly, when actually, they are at their usual pace. Which is fine, as long as it results in a great album. But honestly, I was really hoping for it this year. I mean, I'm a poor college student who can't afford to have a life, and U2 always cheers me up. I could use new U2 now, but if they need more time to get it right, so be it.

So who thinks 2003, and who thinks 2004?

MTV News Link

From MTV.com
Anyone with a copy of War or The Joshua Tree in their collection might disagree, but Bono is calling U2's next album their first guitar-driven outing.

"We're banging the dustbin lids back home in Dublin. We've got a rehearsal studio/recording studio type of deal," the Irish singer said at the Golden Globes on Sunday, where he was a presenter. He and The Edge also accepted Best Original Song for "The Hands That Built America," U2's contribution to "Gangs of New York (see " 'Chicago' Knocks 'Em Dead, Wins Three Golden Globes").

"Edge, I must say, is really doing some extraordinary stuff," Bono added. "It's a guitar record. Which is, I think, our first."

U2's last studio album, 2000's redefining All That You Can't Leave Behind, saw the band abandoning many of the eccentricities of their '90s output in favor of more bombastic songs. "Beautiful Day" and "Elevation" became nearly inescapable at radio.

"I love singles in rock and roll, the great 45s," Bono said. "That's what I loved about Nirvana, that's what I loved about the Sex Pistols, and going back to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones ? when you make that one record that changes everything."

"It's at the beginning. We're working on the songs right now," The Edge explained. "It's far too early to say if anything's a single. But there's some nice stuff coming through."

Bono added that U2's next album should surface by the end of the year or early 2004.

:hyper: I always love when they start talking about things to expect with the next album...I think it was Bono who once said that they always go into the studio with an idea to make a certain kind of record, and in the end they're left with something quite different. :shrug: We'll see what happens, but in any case, I'd be very surprised to see the new album any earlier than 2004.

im actually getting quite excited about this. but whenever the band says anything regarding time, i always add a bit cause theyre quite slow.

Hey slow down guys

I'm still updating my collection. I don't know if I can afford all this back-cataloguing and new singles at once. Give me until December 03... that should be enough time.

Re: Hey slow down guys

cujo said:
I'm still updating my collection. I don't know if I can afford all this back-cataloguing and new singles at once. Give me until December 03... that should be enough time.

good luck... it's a hard battle to win! :der:

I'm not sure, but I can tell you what I'm hoping for.....

I'll graduate/be done with classes in early April 2004. I'm hoping they'll be touring by then so that I can see them a few times before I have to start my first job. My hubby has said that I can go to multiple shows, but with $$$ issues they'll have to be ones within reasonable driving distance.

So boys, if you're reading this, please get it together and when you're scheduling the tour, please book Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and Indiana for late April/early May 2004. :D

bonosloveslave said:
I'm not sure, but I can tell you what I'm hoping for.....

I'll graduate/be done with classes in early April 2004. I'm hoping they'll be touring by then so that I can see them a few times before I have to start my first job. My hubby has said that I can go to multiple shows, but with $$$ issues they'll have to be ones within reasonable driving distance.

So boys, if you're reading this, please get it together and when you're scheduling the tour, please book Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, and Indiana for late April/early May 2004. :D

:happy: Woo-hoo! Sounds good to me, Beth! I know I'll be going to Detroit, and maybe Chicago too!

Back
Top Bottom