MERGED ----> Bono On American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
American Idol jumps on Africa boat---and Bono to make an appearance

American Idol announced tonight that in a few weeks when they reach 6 contestants (6 weeks from now, I guess?), they will have a special episode aimed at raising money for children in Africa, as well as for children in Katrina-stricken areas. Guests on that show are announced to be Pink, Josh Groban, Quincy Jones, a few others---and Bono.

That's what they said. I don't know if it'll be a live appearance or a tape, though. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I also highly doubt he'll sing....he'll probably just say his usual Africa quotes.

Seems like a decent deal, though. For every vote that's cast that episode, a few of the sponsors (AT&T & Coke) will donate to the charity (of course, they didn't say how much per vote....:eyebrow: ). Ford's going to donate, too, but didn't specify how.

yeah, but it's for a good cause. The sponsors will donate money to Africa and the Missisippi basin for each vote made on the 2nd to last show and the finally will feature other performers including an appearance by Bono.

did he say Bono was going to be on it or Bono commented about it?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Well he did say he would lunch with the devil...

For everyone voting, they should have them automatically signed up w/ONE.org. That's alot of people.

I have mixed feelings about this, but it does reach a tremendous amount of people. I feel :crack: like this and like :hyper: that about the whole issue of Bono being on.

He REALLY would lunch with the devil.

I love seeing everyone all horrified by Bono even being associated with Idol.

OH NOES!!!!

corianderstem said:
I love seeing everyone all horrified by Bono even being associated with Idol.

OH NOES!!!!

Srsly.

He's done worse...

bonobush.jpg

:whistle:

^:lmao:

I don´t know why people is so against american Idol, they are judging people for their talent and americans decide :shrug:

I think is a matter of image :shrug: (all this Bono-AI issue)

I heard him say Bono and then I went to the website and the list of acts ends with "Il Divo." No mention of Bono. Is it possible he misspoke?

I don't think it's necessarily a mistake, given that the ratings for the show are the biggest of any show on TV. It's not like he's going to have to listen to six finalists sing U2 songs. At least, I hope not.

And why American Idol? There's loads of the awful things all over the world, Pop Idol, Australian Idol yada yada...

Bono, just move permanently to the US and take out citizenship!

blueeyedgirl said:
And why American Idol?

Because 6 bazillion people watch it every week.

Who's to say the other countries' Idol shows won't do something similar?

I predict that when Bono appears on the show, the first words to leave his mouth will be "AFRICA! AFRICA! AFRICA!"

I'm not a fan of American Idol, but it's not the cheesiest thing he's ever done. I suppose appearing on the show is an effective way for Bono to get his message out to the American public (not that it hasn't already been rammed down America's collective throat several times before...)

PlaTheGreat said:
I've gagged on Africa. :drool:

Of course, the most important question is, did you swa...

Okay, I also have to resist the urge to make a dirty comment. :wink:

I swallowed his spiel on Africa the first time I heard it.

But it left a bad taste in my mouth after all the repeated offerings. Put your Africa talks away, Bono, I'm tired of it. :yawn:

PlaTheGreat said:
I swallowed his spiel on Africa the first time I heard it.

But it left a bad taste in my mouth after all the repeated offerings. Put your Africa talks away, Bono, I'm tired of it. :yawn:

I'd spit out all future offerings if I were you. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom