MERGED ----> Bono On American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one4u2 said:
It is a bit embarrasing considering how awful this season is :|

It's embarrassing considering how completely crap the show has been from start to current press time

Joey788 said:
Am I the only one who thinks it would be hilarious to have Bono and Borat interact with each other?

Originally posted way before the first post by LemonMacPhisto
Bono and Borat?!?!

I might have to watch American Idol when that happens.

Joey788 said:
Am I the only one who thinks it would be hilarious to have Bono and Borat interact with each other?

Am I the only reminded of the Zoo telecast from the live concert to Garth of Wayne's World at some MTV awards where Bono was so lame and just couldn't adlib to save his life, no matter how many lines Garth gave him? Borat will skin him alive :drool:

blueeyedgirl said:

For fuck's sake, how many times do I have to repeat it? It's the only reason I'm here :happy:

So you're the person with all those damned alters! :madspit:

Re: Re: Me too

GibsonGirl said:

buggeroffpopcornth6.gif
Take me now :heart:

This thread is gold, baby, solid gold!

I'm thinking this whole Bono/Idol thing is not gonna happen. The American Idol website had this up:

"Idol Gives Back" is a two-night special to benefit children and young people in need in American and Africa airing Tuesday, April 24 and Wednesday, April 25 on FOX. Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Pink, Michael Bublé, Annie Lennox, Il Divo and Borat Sagdiyev among many world-renowned artists are scheduled to appear and the Ford Motor Company leads corporate sponsors.

U2’s Bono, co-founder of the One Campaign to Make Poverty History, said, “We’ll see worlds collide when Africa appears on America's most-watched TV show. This is a big deal, a little bit of pop history ... I wouldn’t underestimate the reach of this show or the impact its audience can have.”

Nowhere is he mentioned as a performer, which makes me think he's not involved. This being Idol I think they'd be hyping it to high heaven if he was.

I don't mind this at all, even if he does sing...but if any of the sorry set of male finalists sings a U2 song that night I might throw up in my mouth.

That said, they'll be down to 6 by then, the guys might all be gone...dear god they suck.

And yeah, Bono and Garth... Garth: "Hey Bono, I hope I'm not bugging ya, I don't mean to bug ya" classic.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Actually AI has used a U2 song, I forget who but someone did One last season I believe..

Elliott Yamin sang "One" with Mary J Blige during last year's finale. So technically, they did a Mary J Blige song. :wink:

The only time a U2 song was performed by a contestant sang a U2 song (at least in the US) was when they had that World Idol thing, and the winner, Kurt Nilsen from Norway, sang "Beautiful Day." He was good.

corianderstem said:

Elliott Yamin sang "One" with Mary J Blige during last year's finale. So technically, they did a Mary J Blige song. :wink:

The only time a U2 song was performed by a contestant sang a U2 song (at least in the US) was when they had that World Idol thing, and the winner, Kurt Nilsen from Norway, sang "Beautiful Day." He was good.

i know that mjb released the song on her album but it is still a U2 song...technically...:|:wink:

Last edited:
The "oh noes Bono on AI!" and "wah wah more Africa" attitude posts - surely by now you know the type when you see it. It's hysterical if it turns out the man isn't actually gonna be on that show. Much ado about nothing.

:corn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom